Ratings for Dr. Ian Young

I was in a car accident and slipped at work so I have two major injuries.. so when I went to see dr. Young about my second accident I didn’t mention the first one as they tell u only one thing at a time if u wanna talk about something else u gotta make another appointment.. so I didn’t tell him , he told me I was abusing drugs that I had got in September I may add that only came with 30 meds of naproxen and I just ran out now that it’s February.. he told me I wasn’t in any pain that I was faking it and should have no reason to why I’m not working.. I hurt my hand my job is counting cash , writing and typing.. there’s no other job for me .. he said I’m full of it and I’m lazy that I’m over weight and I need to exercise and go to work that it will make me better.. that my chiropractor, my massage therapist and phisio therapist are all wrong that I’m in no pain .. and then he proceeds to tell me that I’m crazy and depressed.. I told him the meds he gave me are hurting me and he upped my dosage and says I need to take more .. that’s he’s seen people like me before drug abusing, faking my pain that it’s in my head .. I’m like how do u know what pain I feel just by looking at me and not touching or such .. I’m changing mine and my sister to a different doctor.. Dana young I always hated dealing with as she has an attitude, but now Ian young is the exact same..

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

Dr. Ian Young is great and I never had any issues with him but please, I beg of you, do not deal with his wife Dr. Dana Young. On second thought they both work together and you’ll probably end up dealing with her at some point so don’t even bother going to either. She has the worst bedside manner I’ve ever seen and is downright rude. She doesn’t deal with kids well either and has absolutely no patience. The wait times are rediculously long and it will take up to two months sometimes to get an appointment. The staff and nurse were great and always a pleasure to deal with. Sorry to say it but please avoid this office at all costs. I left the practice and took my three kids off their patient roster as well. We’re better off on a waiting list for three years with no doctor then dealing with Dr. Dana or anyone she’s affiliated with.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2018

Ive been seeing Dr. Ian and Dr Dana Young for years now. I've always found them to be quite helpful. However Dr. Dana has an inconsistent mood. Some days she seems nice and other days quite rude. I do prefer to see Dr. Ian Young. Not only is he a good doctor but he is much nicer. The reception there is ALWAYS pleasant on the telephone and in person. The girls at the front and the nurse are very very personable. All in all, I would recommend this office.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

Dr. Diana and Ian Young have been my doctors since they open their practice here in Barrie almost 14 years ago. Today I'm firing them and looking for a new doctor. What everyone is saying is true.. They were great at the start, through my pregnancy and kids basic stuff. But when it came to more serious they don't listen, push pills, and snappy, no bed side manner. I want a doctor who cares and makes me feel like I'm in the right hands. I asked Diana to explain these drugs she was prescribing and had questions she got angry because I was not understanding. I wanted to review my syptoms to make sure we were treating it properly. . I felt like she didn't want to hear it. Basically I felt here is some drugs get out of my office. I'm done! Need a doctor who cares.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

Like the vast majority of people, I must give a big two thumbs down on Dr. Ian Young, based on my years of experience as his patient. He is arrogant, unsympathetic, lacks basic communication skills and is highly contemptuous and disrespectful of his customers (patients). If something is wrong with me or I have concerns, I like to do my own research and then discuss what I've learned with him, but he completely shuts me down. He views the patient as a know-nothing imbecile and he the all-knowing God-like master. He's quick to charge and nickle and dime for every penny, truly a money-grubbing, in-name-only, doctor.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2017

Dr.Young has been nothing but amazing to me. He always listens and gives great advice. So happy to be going though the beginning part of my pregnancy with him and his staff they are always friendly and quick

flag | Submitted September 23, 2017

I really like Dr Yonge! He is blunt and honest, but not a pill pusher, like others have mentioned. He is accurate and honest.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

lololllllłdsdsdsdsfvjhsdvvbiudsvnnvjesvbbbvsvbubvsuvbiuvbeusbvbeibuivsbuebv

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

He used to be my doctor until he told me "I was pissing him off" because I was asking health related questions, pfffft .... I fired him and asked him if he ever checks out this website, boy did he get mad :) Very happy with my nurse practitioner now :)

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

I have been going to see Dr. IAN & his wife since they opened. I see Dr. DANA only for a physical now. Now I see Dr. IAN & he listens to me about my concerns. GRANTED he isn't punctual but I like him as a Dr. 😊🤚😎 I givè him a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I am originally from Texas & DR. Russell always checked my lungs, ears & throat on EVERY visit. They don't do that here 😕

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017