Ratings for Dr. Ian Young

Dr. Diana and Ian Young have been my doctors since they open their practice here in Barrie almost 14 years ago. Today I'm firing them and looking for a new doctor. What everyone is saying is true.. They were great at the start, through my pregnancy and kids basic stuff. But when it came to more serious they don't listen, push pills, and snappy, no bed side manner. I want a doctor who cares and makes me feel like I'm in the right hands. I asked Diana to explain these drugs she was prescribing and had questions she got angry because I was not understanding. I wanted to review my syptoms to make sure we were treating it properly. . I felt like she didn't want to hear it. Basically I felt here is some drugs get out of my office. I'm done! Need a doctor who cares.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

Like the vast majority of people, I must give a big two thumbs down on Dr. Ian Young, based on my years of experience as his patient. He is arrogant, unsympathetic, lacks basic communication skills and is highly contemptuous and disrespectful of his customers (patients). If something is wrong with me or I have concerns, I like to do my own research and then discuss what I've learned with him, but he completely shuts me down. He views the patient as a know-nothing imbecile and he the all-knowing God-like master. He's quick to charge and nickle and dime for every penny, truly a money-grubbing, in-name-only, doctor.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2017

Dr.Young has been nothing but amazing to me. He always listens and gives great advice. So happy to be going though the beginning part of my pregnancy with him and his staff they are always friendly and quick

flag | Submitted September 23, 2017

I really like Dr Yonge! He is blunt and honest, but not a pill pusher, like others have mentioned. He is accurate and honest.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

lololllllłdsdsdsdsfvjhsdvvbiudsvnnvjesvbbbvsvbubvsuvbiuvbeusbvbeibuivsbuebv

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

He used to be my doctor until he told me "I was pissing him off" because I was asking health related questions, pfffft .... I fired him and asked him if he ever checks out this website, boy did he get mad :) Very happy with my nurse practitioner now :)

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

I have been going to see Dr. IAN & his wife since they opened. I see Dr. DANA only for a physical now. Now I see Dr. IAN & he listens to me about my concerns. GRANTED he isn't punctual but I like him as a Dr. 😊🤚😎 I givè him a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I am originally from Texas & DR. Russell always checked my lungs, ears & throat on EVERY visit. They don't do that here 😕

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

The worst Dr experience I've ever had, I will never forget when I came in and discovered I was pregnant after he MR IAN YOUNG performed a vasectomy on my husband, he says to me If i were you i would have a serious talk with your husband(suggesting I had cheated) and you have 3 options keep it, give it up ou abort, the day I discovered I was pregnant will always have this horrible memory now thanks to this awful doctor, i had written a review before and he suggested to my husband on the phone I remove it because..., now I think we should have sued him since his vasectomy operation was a failure. Bad doctor, horrible manners you are a disgrace you your profession.

Submitted May 1, 2017

Have to agree with what is written below. I am done with these apathetic, dismissive, rude and uncaring pill pushers that can't or wont have a health care conversation with their patients. And if you are educated and inform yourself on your health. They appear threathenes by that. And will not engage. I was prescribed a drug without them checking for interactions and when i informed them of it. Eyes rolled and when they did look it up, guess what, major interaction. They dont care. They either push pills or refer out. They are terrible. Their nurse is great and reception has greatly improved. I actually got more care understanding from their font desk then them. 10+ year patient of theirs and I am done with being made feel horrible when I am seeking help. Ugh!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

I feel so validated when I read the experiences of others here. I have been struggling for the past few years, thinking that each time I leave from an appointment, I feel dismissed, disregarded, confused and absolutely not supported or understood. If you are a woman, you are automatically deferred to see Her, and I have left at times in tears. She has no bedside manner, is hard to talk to and brushes off things that I try to discuss. It makes me not want to go see a doctor when I should. What's the point...if I want to feel diminished without receiving any help or advice, what is the point. I do feel that they are in this gig for money and do not have the compassion or decency to be family practitioners. My husband has been struggling with various physical problems and recently some mental health challenges and Ian Young screwed him over in more ways I could describe, then humiliated him (my husband) when he questioned the dr about charging for telephone prescriptions that were requested while in appointments, but not sent in. My husband was very shaken by his treatment in this appointment but at least it has pushed us in the direction we should have taken 4 years ago; Seeking a new doctor. Disgusting treatment. Terrible doctors.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017