Ratings for Dr. Ian Young

I really like Dr Yonge! He is blunt and honest, but not a pill pusher, like others have mentioned. He is accurate and honest.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

lololllllłdsdsdsdsfvjhsdvvbiudsvnnvjesvbbbvsvbubvsuvbiuvbeusbvbeibuivsbuebv

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

He used to be my doctor until he told me "I was pissing him off" because I was asking health related questions, pfffft .... I fired him and asked him if he ever checks out this website, boy did he get mad :) Very happy with my nurse practitioner now :)

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

I have been going to see Dr. IAN & his wife since they opened. I see Dr. DANA only for a physical now. Now I see Dr. IAN & he listens to me about my concerns. GRANTED he isn't punctual but I like him as a Dr. 😊🤚😎 I givè him a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I am originally from Texas & DR. Russell always checked my lungs, ears & throat on EVERY visit. They don't do that here 😕

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

The worst Dr experience I've ever had, I will never forget when I came in and discovered I was pregnant after he MR IAN YOUNG performed a vasectomy on my husband, he says to me If i were you i would have a serious talk with your husband(suggesting I had cheated) and you have 3 options keep it, give it up ou abort, the day I discovered I was pregnant will always have this horrible memory now thanks to this awful doctor, i had written a review before and he suggested to my husband on the phone I remove it because..., now I think we should have sued him since his vasectomy operation was a failure. Bad doctor, horrible manners you are a disgrace you your profession.

Submitted May 1, 2017

Have to agree with what is written below. I am done with these apathetic, dismissive, rude and uncaring pill pushers that can't or wont have a health care conversation with their patients. And if you are educated and inform yourself on your health. They appear threathenes by that. And will not engage. I was prescribed a drug without them checking for interactions and when i informed them of it. Eyes rolled and when they did look it up, guess what, major interaction. They dont care. They either push pills or refer out. They are terrible. Their nurse is great and reception has greatly improved. I actually got more care understanding from their font desk then them. 10+ year patient of theirs and I am done with being made feel horrible when I am seeking help. Ugh!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

I feel so validated when I read the experiences of others here. I have been struggling for the past few years, thinking that each time I leave from an appointment, I feel dismissed, disregarded, confused and absolutely not supported or understood. If you are a woman, you are automatically deferred to see Her, and I have left at times in tears. She has no bedside manner, is hard to talk to and brushes off things that I try to discuss. It makes me not want to go see a doctor when I should. What's the point...if I want to feel diminished without receiving any help or advice, what is the point. I do feel that they are in this gig for money and do not have the compassion or decency to be family practitioners. My husband has been struggling with various physical problems and recently some mental health challenges and Ian Young screwed him over in more ways I could describe, then humiliated him (my husband) when he questioned the dr about charging for telephone prescriptions that were requested while in appointments, but not sent in. My husband was very shaken by his treatment in this appointment but at least it has pushed us in the direction we should have taken 4 years ago; Seeking a new doctor. Disgusting treatment. Terrible doctors.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

I can finally feel okay for writing a review on here about Ian and his wife Dana. My last visit with him went like this "You are taking up too much of my clinic time" "Some people's metabolism just slows down and can't lose weight" as I choked back tears, he said to me "I can put you on anti-depressants" Are you kidding me. These doctors have cancelled over 5 schedule for over a month appointments (because that is how long it takes to get one. Hence why I never made appointments anymore. I suffered for 6 years going to him and a nutritionist in minutes figured out one of my major issues (weight gain) was because my ferritin levels (storage of iron) was in the toilet, suppose to be min 40 mine was 15 a year before she saw it, then when he angrily (I am not kidding about the angry part either) agreed for another test it was 8. I did go in the year before to go over my results and all was good according to him. Now that I can get my own results he had no choice but to read them and finally admit that it isn't my diet or exercise that was causing the majority of the problem. Also finally sent me for blood pressure tests, I have only been suffering from headaches for 7 years, one week on BP meds and I haven't had a headache since! Kept telling me to go for a massage or some people are just stressed. Don't get me started on the staff either. I waited for over 6 months to hear about a specialist appointment and a week before the appointment I get a phone call saying they got one for me the next week... 6 months later, of course I was going to be out of the country so I couldn't go and then makes a very rude disrespecting comment to my physiotherapist who is just trying to help me about having this doctor still not have gone to see.... Are you kidding me again! Well that is it, I am done with him and his wife and I am moving on to someone else. I have fired the "team" what a joke that is. I am moving on to someone who will listen to me. I am done with the rude, disrespecting, disgraceful, condescending jerks at that practice. I have 2 friends that I know of who have him as a doctor and both are looking for someone new as well. So If you are looking to see if he's a good fit for you, if you healthy and don't really need a doctor sure why not otherwise run as fast as you can in the other direction!

Submitted January 22, 2017

I can't rate because I've never seen this doctor, but to the writer of March 31/2016; where your files are concerned, I'm sure they are not given to the patient, but charging a fee for them to be sent to another doctor is quite the norm. Those fees can vary from doctor to doctor, but I would think the usual fee would be $25.00-$30.00.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

Well, you will get more care and concern from Googling Mayo Clinic than from either doctor. Save your frustration and go elsewhere. In fact, run!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016