Ratings for Dr. Thomas M. Derrig

Poor follow up and indecisive causing major complications

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

Seen him for MRSA infection...I wasnt told it was MRSA until the day BEFORE surgery...(and was hours late for it AND gave me the wrong arrival time; 7 instead of 5:30) his option was to "let it go away in its own, up to you to get surgery". Two weeks later its back, worse, and his nurse played the "I'll ask him" game with me on hold on the phone. REFUSED to give me even a day's worth of ANY type of painkillers, told me to soak in a tub. FOR MRSA! I told her it WASNT draining, I can't even work from the pain and where it is, using up my vacation time - she didnt seem to care. Called in a prescription hours later for me, the SAME ANTIBIOTIC useless for MRSA, the same one I had in November for this which DIDN'T WORK. Passed me off to a 'specialist' and said they would mail me their names. He didn't notice other swelling around where he operated on me, so now I'm in agony with fever, and in to the new year and have to pay for it all over again in a new deductible year. Thanks for NOTHING!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2012

very caring, answers all questions, a bit rushed,but because he's so god, he's extremly busy. recommend highly

flag | Submitted October 4, 2010

Dr. Thomas M. Derrig's Credentials

• University Of North Dakota School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Wellpoint