Ratings for Dr. Scott E. Ashley

Wellness appt a few mo ago. Have been going to Dr. Ashley for 4 yrs now. Dr.A. is very thorough, very smart. I am healthy, take no prescrip'n or recreat'l meds, & read up on med & health issues, age-pertinent maladies, & find that Dr.A. knows the most recent studies on med issues & we can discuss my health regimen & age-related issues comfortably and intelligently. My partner likewise sees Dr. A & shares similar observations/opinions. Very surprised to hear patients dis Dr.A. for questioning the legitimacy of ailments;perhaps misinterpeted Dr.A's thorough questioning, which I expect a Dr. to do to get all the facts/symptoms before making a diagnosis. Also surprised to hear another patient complain about the medical billing, because I found his billing person very efficient and Dr.A even adjusted a bill (to my favor) after I questioned the coding which caused the insur co to decline payment. Dr. A is compassionate & caring, methodical, and intelligent.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2011

His PA seems more interested than he is in medicine and is more gentle. The office staff is on the rude side(which I always think comes from the top because it is sanctioned) and they don't waive small differences that insurance doesn't cover the way many doctors do. They're very aggressive about collecting that twenty bucks. If insurance pays so and so for a vist and they charge twenty more for an office visit, they make you pay the extra twenty--I've had a lot of docs who just waive it because they've agreed to accept that particular insurance program. It seems a little...you know...

flag | Submitted July 30, 2010

Don't feel Doctor Ashley did a good job with caring for me or my condition!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2010

Mr.Ashley refused to treat my husband for his broken back to the point of accussing him of faking the pain he was and is experiencing. After his feelings were affended and expressing them to my husband told him he can find someone else to continu his care and RED FLAGGED him so no other doctor will see him in Clatsop County!! Totally unproffesional!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2009

Very friendly. Tries to get to the root of any problem you have. Very helpful!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2009

Very thorough, extremely caring and provides continual health maintenance of my needs.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2009

flag | Submitted July 21, 2008

Dr. Scott E. Ashley's Credentials

• University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Astoria, OR