Ratings for Dr. John P. Rapacz

I have been a patient for almost 20 years. During those years Dr. Rapacz has referred me to other doctors if the need was there. He also has diagnosed me with ailments before we even had the tests done. When my youngest daughter had Lyme Disease other doctors thought it was Rocky Mountain Fever. Yet Dr. Rapacz didn't agree so she had extra tests that other doctors hadn't ordered. Because of Dr. Rapacz she was put on the correct medication to treat her disease. I often recommend Dr. Rapacz to others who end up loving him. I wouldn't see anyone else.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2011

I was his patient for years and finally found another doctor because I felt as though he was pushing prescription after prescription at me rather than finding the root cause of the problem. In fact, I questioned him about seeing a specialist and once I did he readily agreed. I also saw him repeatedly treat my grandchildren for recurring ear infections rather than referring them to an ear, nose, throat specialist; my daughter finally had to ask him. Once the ENT put tubes in their ears their problems were resolved. I think he is a good man but there is no shame in referring patients to a specialist if a health problems are resolved or is recurring. Who wants to live their life shoving pills down their throat if a specialist can take of the problem?

flag | Submitted February 16, 2010

Good doctor; however when seeing him repeatedly for the same problem, i.e. sinus infections, heartburn, ear infections, etc., it seems as though he is over willing to prescribe differnet medications rather than refer the patient to a specialist to determine what the core cause of the problem is. I felt like I was having drugs pushed at me rather than finding out what was causing the problem. A long time ago, a very good family doctor told me that it didn't bother him at all to refer his patients to a specialist if he was not successfully treating the problem. Dr. Rapacz would do well to do the same.

Submitted November 25, 2008

Dr. John P. Rapacz's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)