Ratings for Dr. Bernard Sowa

Dr Sowa means we’ll. But, he is too set in his own ways. My condition was more related to PTSD, and I was grouped in with being schizophrenic? These doctor’s filters are causing too much damage while they are still getting paid ridiculous amounts. When I wanted to come off this medication, Dr Sowa told me he wouldn’t support me and abandoned me as his patient. Some ultimatum. No one to support me if I was experiencing withdrawal symptoms.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2018

I made a formal complaint that I sent to the college of physicians and surgeons. It was not long before he was transferred to Calgary region. I believe he had to leave the capital region and therefore he located to Calgary. I just googled his name because I learned that he is no longer registered with the college if physicians and surgeons. I came across rate a doctor after googling his name and noticed that he had at least one other complaint against him. I'm sure he must have had further complaints against him due to the fact that he had to loose his credentials with the college of physicians and surgeons. I think he is a professor at the university of Calgary ...... Hmmm..... The complaint I made against him was pretty severe and it looks like my complaint sent him to Calgary which unfortunately gave some Calgary patients extremely bad experiences based on what I had read. It seems that if a parent is in control of Thier minds and only have depression, anxiety or sleep problems as mentioned above then Dr. Sowa cannot handle patients that have the ability and courage to control tthier own mind. If he is no longer registered with the college of physicians and surgeons and he is now a professor at the University of Calgary only means hat he can no longer be practicing as a psychiatrist. Having a bad psychiatrist who only knows how to give out antipsychotics for anxiety, depression, sleeping problems and right down to headaches shows that institutionalized psychiatriss like Mr. Sowa have a license to kill. He must have traumatized quite a few patients to be off the college directory. I was new to the mental health system and he was my first experience which just about ended my life. If Mr. Sowa tramatized me to a degree of ........ Well I have to wonder about psychiatrists actually all staff who want to work in an institution as they become institutionalized and they are in an inviroment where they need to be in a controlled atmosphere where they are not working out in the real world. I'm not saying every institutional staff are nasty; however, working in an institution is a place to hide from the outside lifestyle and much easier to control patients and get away with it. It takes a few patients who have the ability to control Thier own mind who can challenge doctors like Dr. Sowa. He cannot and does not know how to treat patients with depression, anxiety or sleep problems as mentioned above. I praise the patients who follow through with filing a light complaint against doctors like Dr. Sowa. I have PSTD over institutional doctors because of Dr. Sowa. He give the good institutional doctors a bad name.... Oh but I am sure the good psychiatrists leave the institution after witnessing the abuse and stupidity of other psychiatrists who only prescribe antipsychotics to anyone who comes through those institutions. That's unfortunate because it's damaging to the patients who require the correct treatment.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2018

Dr Bernard Sowa was tranfer red from the Alberta Hospital,I met him a few times for a review on my prognosis.I can honestly say,he is a I'll mannered man who used his power and authority to keep patients longer.I had a mild case of Anxiety and severe sleep problems,I was diagnosed as a severe sociapath with dangerous outbursts.I immediately reported this doctor to the physicians board,hence his transfer to foothills hospital in Calgary.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2018

When a qualified professional,assumes,he knows who you are in less then a few minutes based on your nationality,You can say,that physician is not a fair individual.I was immediately intimated by Dr Bernard,s nature which is of a physician that is highly agitated,Please practice some professional ethics.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

I met this doctor,a few weeks,ago.He is presumptious,Arrogant.Also,has a prejudice side.Obviouly,he choose the wrong profession.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

Dr Sowa seems to me to be a very good doctor he is always upbeat and helpful and seems to be very interested in helping me,I think we as patients have to respect the education and experience of these doctors that choose a career dedicated to helping others and there may be times when we should take a look in the mirror before we let our emotions speak so loudly.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

I actually really like dr.sowa and think he is an intelligent and caring person,i have been seeing him regularly for about 4 years and my schizophrenia has improved greatly under his care.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Useless, lazy, uninformed with poor listening skills....found him completely unmotivated to help me get to the root of my issues...

flag | Submitted November 8, 2015

drug pusher, rude, unwilling to compromise, overall an a$$hole

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

better than no doctor felt rushed and didn't seem to pay attention to my concerns

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014