Ratings for Dr. Yaw Adu Poku

O my gosh ... Dr adu poku was a an excellent dr ... He loomed after me through three of mine and for my last daughter if it was not for him neither of us would be alive ... He was aslo there when i went through my 15 week miscarrage and he wasnot even on call that man shows up when u need him the most ....... Went throught another lost in 2015 and so wanting him around .....

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Dr. Adu Poku delivered all 3 of my children, one vaginally, one emergency c-section and one.planned c-section. Yes, he frequently ran behind at his office and sometimes I had to be rescheduled because he couldn't leave the hospital, but that tell you more about the state out local hospital is in and also relays the fact that he stays with his patient every step of the way. When I did have my appointments, I never felt rushed and always had my questions answered. He was always very kind and happy to see me. He kept very close watch in my second and third pregnancies because of complications. When I had my emergency c-section he stayed with me, talking, explaining and keeping me and my husband calm until the.last minute when he had to scrub for surgery. If he is being investigated for anything ,again that tell you the state of our local healthcare with cutbacks and overworked doctors. These people who wrote bad reviews should be ashamed. Giving birth has risks, it has considerable less than it did 100 years ago, but risks all the same, just like any "routine" surgery. These people are just people, same as you and me, working in a less than ideal environment, doing their absolute best for you! Be thankful for you child, your life and the skills, compassion and kindness of a wonderful man and doctor.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

I delivered my son in Belleville in 2003 and he was the attending obgyn my own obgyn was not available at the time I can't believe this guy still has his license he should not be a doctor I know after my son was born that he was under review for too many extraction births I guess the hospital keep care of their own Shame On You !! I have read the other comments and it scares me that he is still practising

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

It has been many years since I have seen that wonderful smiling face of Dr. Adu Poku, but I can tell you, I looked forward to my appointments. It is unfortunately people seem to think Doctor's are gods. That they can't/won't/shouldn't make a mistake. What a perfect world that would be. I know it is difficult when a mistake is made with yourself or a family member, but please remember, everyone (as you must admit that you, yourself have done), make a mistake. Please do not tarnish the name of a man who I always found to be the most caring, compassionate doctor out there. I refused to see anyone else with both my children. Thank you Dr. Adu Poku for taking the time to walk a new mom through all the steps, with a smile and understanding I have not had with any other doctor.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

Wonderful compassionate doctor! Knowledgable and helpful! He has helped me with some medical concerns that no other doc in this area has been able to. Been my go-to gyno for almost 10 yrs now!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2011

my sister went into the hospital in january for a cyst opoeration and 2 days later was rushed back into surgery due to a knicked bowel (which they called a perforated bowlel) though she was never told of this risk apperently there is a 2% chance that this happens .....thats a pretty low percent to fall into for a skilled doctor , don't ya think? After this 2nd surgery she ended up in ICU for 5 days and literally died and was brought back ...thank god, all the nurses have said there is no way that this should have ever even happened...this wound her up with a colostomy for 6 months and then had another surgery (not by adu poku) for an ileostomy for 2months then a final surgery to reverse these...she has been off work for almost a year now and has had no compensation not too mention the fact that she almost didnt make it.... so if you use this dr. then i would recommend you also find a very good lawyer...you may need it (not easily found by the way), highly, highly UNRECCOMENDED!!!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2010

Dr. Adu-Poku delivered my 3rd child. I don't suffer from post partum but I do have a very weepy day after giving birth each time. He came into my room to see if I wanted to be discharged and could see that I was struggling to stay composed so he pulled up a chair, sat down and picked up my hand and gently, quietly talked to me for about 20 minutes. He was just what I needed and I felt his compassion and humanity was above and beyond what I've ever experienced with another doctor. While giving birth, I focused on him, and his quiet, calm demeanor helped me through a frightening experience. I plan to go to him for my tubal.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2009

I had him for all three of my pregnancies and births as well as a surgery for a cyst. All I can say is I now suffer from Post tramuatic stress disorder from the horrible care I received after I delivered and due to complications. I was left in the hospital without my newborn on a surgical floor for weeks while I got more and more depressed, Finally he realized he did not know what to do and assigned me a cardiologist who was able to send me home the same day I saw him. Personally RUN, seriously. If you have complications look out. I was told my blood pressure was normal and even low by him, only to feel awful an hour later and be admitted to the hospital with severe high blood pressure. He terrifies me, and his secretary should NOT be the one checking your urine strips!!! Is that not what a nurse does??? She barely even looks at it.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2009

DR ADU POKU DELIVERED MY LITTLE GIRL IN 2004. HE LET ME PUSH FOR ALMOST 4 HOURS WITH LITTLE EFFECTIVENESS. AFTER 2 1/2 HRS I BEGGED HIM TO SECTION ME BUT HE WOULDN'T. WHEN I FINALLY DELIVERED, SHE HAD A MAJOR SHOULDER DISTOCIA AND ENDED UP GETTING "STUCK", THEREFORE HE BEGAN PULLING ON HER HEAD CAUSING ALL OF HER NERVES THAT RUN FROM HER NECK AND DOWN HER ARM TO STRETCH (THIS IS OTHERWISE KNOWN AS ERB'S PALSY). MY DAUGHTER IS NOW 5 YEARS OLD AND HAS APPROX 80% USEAGE OF HER RIGHT ARM. I FEEL THAT HE HAS ROBBED HER OF HER CHANCE AT MANY THINGS! SHE WILL NEVER BE AND ATHLETE, SHE WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO BECOME A MUSICIAN, ETC. I AM APPALLED BY THIS MAN'S ABILITY! I WOULD RECOMMEND THAT ANYONE SEEING HIM, RUN!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2009

He took excellent care of me. Yes, he ran behind but he's an OBGYN that was to be expected. I had a couple of complications in my pregnancy and he took them very seriously...seeing me once a week and having weekly ultrasounds from 24 weeks into my pregnancy and on. He induced me one week early and I have a perfect, beautiful, healthy baby boy to show for it.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2009