Ratings for Dr. Joyce M. Havranek

Dr Joyce Havranek is knowledgeable, intelligent, caring and thorough. She will not hesitate to suggest a specialist when in doubt. The office is great, well organized, un-crowded with excellent parking and lab on-site. I could not ask for any better

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

She used to be very caring and took time with you. She recently cut back her hours quite a bit, I heard to be with her children more. My recent visit seemed rushed and far less personal than the old days. It seemed like she was just going through the check list as fast as possible.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

She is extremely intelligent and helpful. I would absolutely recommend her.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Dr Havranek is, without any doubt, one of the most compassionate, knowledgeable and insightful doctors I have ever known in over 40+ years. She always greets you with a warm and caring smile who gets immediately to the heart of what ails you. She has also given great referrals and advice for other needed specialists. No other doctor comes more highly recommended in my book than Dr. Havranek.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

THEVERY BEST! I have been to numerous doctors through the years and she far surpasses any I have seen. She is EXTREMELY knowledgable and she takes all the time you need to go over everything with you. Has a good bedside manner. You never feel rushed when you see her and leave knowing you have seen an EXCELLENT physician. I feel very fortunate that I found her. She was in SD magazine both in 2013 & 2014 as one of the best doctors in San Diego County. I wholeheartedly agree!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Dr. Joyce Havranek is by far the best doctor I've had in over 40 years! She is knowledgeable, personable, cares deeply about my health and is the only doctor who has been able to work around my sensitive system. When I need a referral or recommendation she's always given me the top doctor in his/her field. Although there is now a Scripps 1 mile from my home, I travel the 8 miles to Carlsbad because I simply cannot imagine what my life would be like without this fantastic doctor. I highly recommend her to women entering or into the change of life, as she has the solutions!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2013

Dr. Joyce Havranek and her staff went up and beyond our expectations. She was very helpful. One of the best MD's and great bedside manner!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

Tells me that I do not need surgery.. Go to a specialist and I have a 5 pound tumor that needs to come out ASAP! Had ultra sounds/ cat scan with both--guess she did not see the massive thing! SO BAD!!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011

Young, inexperienced, . Constantly uses the word, "Okay", as if dealing with a child. Nevertheless, knows her stuff, and if you are patient with her, she will usually co-operate. Works from the book, refuses some tests as the ins. co does not cover.Seems somewhat cowed by the rules from the ins co. not willing to go beyond that to help the patient.Refers to specialists as required. With time i think she will make a fine, caring doctor.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2010

Poor patient education, answers questions with limited information. Will not address pain control issues, office staff does not call patient back as promised. Physician states will follow up and follow up not completed. Referrals are not timely. Request for prescription refills are not timely (takes business 2-3 days). Overall difficult to deal with, but always has a smile on her face, no direct eye contact made.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2009

Dr. Joyce M. Havranek's Credentials

• Rush Medical College Of Rush University (Grad. 2004)