Ratings for Dr. Glenn Peirson

This comment is to come to the defence of Marla. I knew Glenn Peirson for years and he ALWAYS commented on how much he loved and appreciated the work and effort that Marla gave to him and his patients. The job of a medical secretary is a very difficult one. One has to be able to triage, to be able to decide who is really in need of medical assistance and who is better off at home trying to heal there. Twenty years ago no one would ever dream of going to their doctor for a cold. They would simply ride it out and would usually get better on their own. Doctors can only see so many people in their clinics in one day. It is up to a well trained medical secretary to decide who is so sick that they must be seen immediately. I do believe they would prefer it if everyone could be seen, it certainly would make their lives much easier, but they can't and unfortunately they are the gatekeeper. Marla was an excellent secretary and great person. If Dr. Peirson believed so highly in her skills then so should you. Stop bashing her please. She is a human being.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

I am so sorry Dr. Peirson is gone. He was a kind, compassionate and knowledgeable man. I think people are way too hard on his staff especially Marla. Being a medical secretary has to be one of the toughest jobs there is! I don't know anyone who doesn't complain about the secretary at their doctor's office. Most don't last in the job more than a few years due to the stress! Marla has been working in the office for many, many years and has far more experience than most office secretaries. It is a tough, thankless job. My neighbour tells me that she can't get through on the phone at her doctor at all! It can take days she says. And when she finally does she never gets to see her own doctor, usually the nurse practitioner anyway or a different doctor in the group. People always think the grass is greener on the other side. I think they should be careful what they complain about.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2010

We will greatly miss Dr Peirson. Wonderful doctor!! We recently had a health crisis & were comforted to know we could call or be seen for support/advice. It really helped us get through the tough spots.Staff have always been great during what must have been a difficult time for them.Sorry for your loss. Keep up the good work!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2010

It should be noted that after a few years of personal medical problems, Dr Peirson passed away this November. He was an excellent family physician, and as much as possible put his patients first. This would be an ideal forum for the many that he helped to share their thoughts and pay respect to a key member of the Cambridge Medical community.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2009

My daughter call this week to get an appointment. She had a cold and was feeling lousy. She was told that the office wasnt taking any patients that had cold like syptoms. IF you were having trouble breathing to go to the hospital. What kind of doctor's office doesnt want to see their patients!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2009

Dr. Peirson is not a bad doctor, but his staff is deplorable!!!! Marla should be fired imediately, she is very very dangerous and has made many wrong diagnosis over the phone, she is NOT a nurse or any other type of health care professional, she only answers phones. In my opinion she played a role in the death of a family member, but that's only my opinion.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2009

Dr. Peirson is an awesome MD and a very caring person! Marla has been there for years and I think she's terrific as well. Ontario's MD's are overworked and underpaid. Part of Marla's job is to try and find out what is an emergency and what can wait. If you are curteous, Marla is curteous. I don't know if any of you know that Dr. Peirson is undergoing treatment for the second time now for cancer?? Dr. Davidson is no longer there, and I think that the crew is doing everything humanly possible to keep things running smoothly. This I believe would be quite a hard feat while you are worried sick about the Doctor/boss/friend! Please use a little of the compassion that you believe the office staff should have.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2008

Dr. Peirson is a great doctor, however, his staff leaves a lot to be desired. After reading other reviews, I am glad that I am not the only one who has been mistreated, misdiagnosed, told to go the walk-in clinic, denied appointments, etc. I am afraid to complain about the staff as I am sure that my 2 small children and myself will be denied medical treatment (if and when we can even get that). I am appalled that Dr. Peirson has turned a blind eye towards the mistreatment and misreprentation of his incredibly rude and harmful staff.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2008

Peirson is kind and knowledgeable. His staff are rude and ignorant. I have heard several horror stories above and beyond what I have read on this board and God help Dr's P and D when someones health is seriously compromised because of bad advice from or fear of their staff. It is just a matter of time before someone gets hurt.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2008

I'm not a patient but my sister-in-law is. She was once turned away by whoever it is that answers the phone... turns out she had pnemonia and landed in the hospital. I was shocked!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2008