Ratings for Dr. Kim Sharpe

My husband and I visited Dr. Sharpe at my OBGYN's office in North Vancouver for my weekly visits of last stages of pregnancy. She is one the most humble, caring, knowledgeable and experienced doctors I have visited. Dr. Sharpe not only entered the room knowing everything about my file and history, but aside doing a physical assessment, she asked about my emotional welness. I have been going through stressful family fall-out (parents divorcing) and Dr. Sharpe patiently listened and asked important questions which led to the conclusion that I would benefit from seeking professional help. She took her time to find and print the contact information of a center that I found to be life-saving. After all that, she resumed to performing the routine physical assessment and confirmed the overall health of my baby and I. Dr. Sharpe is beyond just a doctor, she is an angel who cares very much about her patients' well-being physically and also psychologically as well.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Smug and not up to date clinical knowledge. Desn't like to hear that other doctors are more cautious and care more about your health. She'd rather brush you off and contest what other r physicians are doing even though they're much more highly respected within our medical community than her (and rightly so). She needs to ease off on the ego and actually start to care about her patients' health.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

Dr. Sharpe is a lovely Doctor she takes time to explain and I feel that she cares about her patients.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

I had the worst experience ever with her. She really gave me nightmares now. I'm still emotional after experienced a horrible miscarriage under her care. After we found out I would have a miscarriage, she ordered a ultrasound for me. Even though I told her repeatedly I had not have a miscarriage yet only bleeding a little, she still relied completely on the wrong ultrasound report, which indicated that the miscarriage completed. She did no further examination, spent 5 minutes with me, and simply sent me home without doing anything. Her ignorance and pretentiousness was off the chart. I ended up suffering on and off 4 weeks of pain and moderate bleeding, then when I thought it was finally over, I experienced the worst bleeding and pain I ever had in my life. Consequently, my blood count dropped to 2/3 of my normal level. Just a little bit less I will have to get blood transfusion. The physical and emotional pain was unbearable. My family doctor and another obgyn agreed that I should have been given a d/c and the miscarriage would have been over 6 weeks ahead of time with much less pain and blood loss. Not only she was horrible knowledge-wise, I always felt rushed every time I saw her, and she never listened to what I have to say. I actually asked to see a different doctor the last time I saw her, but too bad they still sent her over. I can't believe she is the same doctor all the other people rated here. I just have no desire to ever see her again.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

Best OB I have ever experienced. So kind, and patient-oriented. Dr. Sharpe treats her patients personably, is never rushed, is incredibly respectful of you as opposed to assuming the role of superior/knowledgeable doctor vs naive patient (as I've experienced from a couple OBs) and is a welcome calming presence in emotional situations. I trust her decision-making and skills completely.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

I think she is an awesome OB. Unlike other two OB's that I have visited before, she is very patient, very caring. She explained things in details.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2012

Dr. Sharpe is a knowledgeable doctor with a great bedside manner, however, I must say I am not overall impressed with her services due to her lack of follow up. I have been dealing with infertility and recurrent miscarriages for a while now and her office not only did not help, they also wasted my time. Infertility is a time sensitive issue. Had I known this when I was first referred to her office, I would have never wasted my time. Luckily my family doctor eventually referred me to a fertility clinic.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2012

Dr. Sharpe saved my life. She performed an emergency surgery when my ectopic pregnancy ruptured. She was very helpful and compassionate, she answered all my questions. The recovery after surgery went well.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2010

Dr. Sharpe was very knowlegable and has a wonderful bedside manner. She took the time to explain things to me, and let me ask questions and took her time. She gave me a lot of useful information and put my mind at ease. I would definately recommend her to anyone. It was too bad that the front desk wasn't as nice as they do reflect the rest of the office.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2010

She was not my Doctor, but took me as an emergency after a miscarriage that diagnosed in Ultrasound and she also performed my surgery. EXTREMELY knowledgeable, personable, detailed, and reassuring. She explained everything in such a gentle and factual manner while we were still in shock and devestated. She never rushed us, made sure all our questions were answered thouroughly. After seeing her, I will actively seek her as my Ob/Gyn for my next pregnancy. Can't compliment her or her skills enough. She's amazing !

flag | Submitted June 6, 2010