Ratings for Dr. Jose M. Pires

I went to see Dr. Pires for consultation. The moment he said "hi" to me puts a big smile on my face. He is so nice, gentle and at the same time professional and knowledgable. He examined my problem area and described the situation, explained potential solutions and offer alternative remedies (operation vs careful care to the area). I am so glad that I met him today!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

I had a colon resection on July 5th after several emergency visits to Monfort. I was lucky enough to get Dr. Pires who diagnosed, treated and operated on me. He is exceptionally skilled, has great people skills and is very knowledgeable and approachable. I have great optimism for the Canadian healthcare system with doctors like him treating patients. He is the best!!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Recently I had surgery by Dr. Pires for a rectal prolapse. Dr. Pires explained the procedure in detail and made me feel comfortable. I had been in pain for several months and am very relieved that the operation was a success. Dr. Pires is an excellent and caring surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Dr Pires is a great surgeon. C'est un médecin consciencieux et très affable. Un gros merci pour tous les soins reçus à l'hôpital et à sa clinique. Je suis très heureuse d'avoir connu cette personne. Mill le fois merci!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

My experience with Doctor Pires was exceptionally positive. He was an active listener, accommodated my need for information, and gave me good advice on surgical options. He was upfront (honest) while still being sensitive. He was exceptionally approachable / easy to speak with. His staff were top notch. Dr. Pires is a professional gem – if only he could be cloned….

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Dr. Pires was my surgeon for my emergency gall bladder operation, his friendly personality put me at ease, he took his time explaining the process to me and didn't rush me when I had questions, I'm so grateful to Dr. Pires and the wonderful staff for all their help.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Dr. Pires was friendly, funny, easy-going and immediately put me at ease. Genuinely a very nice person. He took the time to answer both my and my wife's questions and didn't make us feel as if we were wasting his time. He explained everything regarding my gall bladder surgery clearly both pre and post-op. I feel fortunate to have had him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Dr.Pires was the surgeon that removed my gallbladder recently. he met with me beforehand and explained everything in detail.. he was kind and considerate and extremely helpful. his bedside manner is fantastic! I was very nervous about everything and he immediately made me feel at ease.. I highly recommend him😀

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

Dr Pires did a superb job in repairing a bothersome dual or pantaloon inguinal hernia. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

My experience with Dr. Pires was excellent. I had laparoscopic totally extraperitoneal (TEP) repair of hernia. This was a newer technique Dr. Pires suggested and he took the time to explain what he would be doing, what to expect and what I should do after surgery. The surgery went excellent. There was very little pain and recovery went better than expected. Now that I'm completely healed there is no pain and I feel normal. Dr. Pires is very skilled at surgery and I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2017