Dr. Jose M. Pires

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jose M. Pires

Dr. Pires removed my gallbladder in July 2017. He is very professional, kind and caring. The surgery went extremely smoothly and i was up and feeling good within 2 days. His staff and the nurses at the Montfort were amazing. Thank you Dr. Pires!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

I had a left inguinal hernia repaired in 1972 by another doctor that involved an overnight stay in hospital. By 2007 I had a right ingunal hernia, which was repaired using mesh by Dr. Pires with day surgery at the Montfort Hospital in Ottawa. Healing was without incident and I continued activities as before, perhaps to excess, as I was well into my 70s by then. In 2016 I had a right side recurrence and was referred to Dr. Pires again. My wife and I were impressed with his appearance, manner and explanation of options for repair. Because of the previous repair with mesh, he recommended repair from the back side to avoid going through previous scar tissue and mesh, using a. Standard technique with a choice of experienced doctors, or a new technique by Dr. Pires. He was learning a new technique from a doctor in Colorado to enter the area laparoscopically and from the side, between the muscle layers, using mesh reinforcement and minimizing damage to the area. As I was not experiencing pain or severe activity limitation at the time, we elected to wait till the Spring, when he would be in a position to use this new technique, and we went on a list of patients also waiting for this technique. When the first call came for available surgical time, I was not able to take advantage, but was later scheduled for the new surgery May 26, 2017 at the Montfort, again day surgery. The day evolved smoothly and comfortably, instilled with confidence from Dr. Pires and the smooth team in the hospital, with virtually no pain or serious discomfort, just extra care moving, especially in and out of bed. During recovery, I contacted his office with some questions and enjoyed professional and caring treatment and reassuring answers to my questions. After a couple of weeks without driving, and six weeks of careful activity, I was able to resume full activity, including golf, thank goodness. My experience was as comfortable and pleasant as it could be for a surgical procedure, and would recommend the services of Dr. Pires without hesitation. A.M. Ottawa

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

I went to see Dr. Pires for consultation. The moment he said "hi" to me puts a big smile on my face. He is so nice, gentle and at the same time professional and knowledgable. He examined my problem area and described the situation, explained potential solutions and offer alternative remedies (operation vs careful care to the area). I am so glad that I met him today!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

I had a colon resection on July 5th after several emergency visits to Monfort. I was lucky enough to get Dr. Pires who diagnosed, treated and operated on me. He is exceptionally skilled, has great people skills and is very knowledgeable and approachable. I have great optimism for the Canadian healthcare system with doctors like him treating patients. He is the best!!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Recently I had surgery by Dr. Pires for a rectal prolapse. Dr. Pires explained the procedure in detail and made me feel comfortable. I had been in pain for several months and am very relieved that the operation was a success. Dr. Pires is an excellent and caring surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Dr Pires is a great surgeon. C'est un médecin consciencieux et très affable. Un gros merci pour tous les soins reçus à l'hôpital et à sa clinique. Je suis très heureuse d'avoir connu cette personne. Mill le fois merci!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

My experience with Doctor Pires was exceptionally positive. He was an active listener, accommodated my need for information, and gave me good advice on surgical options. He was upfront (honest) while still being sensitive. He was exceptionally approachable / easy to speak with. His staff were top notch. Dr. Pires is a professional gem – if only he could be cloned….

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Dr. Pires was my surgeon for my emergency gall bladder operation, his friendly personality put me at ease, he took his time explaining the process to me and didn't rush me when I had questions, I'm so grateful to Dr. Pires and the wonderful staff for all their help.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Dr. Pires was friendly, funny, easy-going and immediately put me at ease. Genuinely a very nice person. He took the time to answer both my and my wife's questions and didn't make us feel as if we were wasting his time. He explained everything regarding my gall bladder surgery clearly both pre and post-op. I feel fortunate to have had him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Dr.Pires was the surgeon that removed my gallbladder recently. he met with me beforehand and explained everything in detail.. he was kind and considerate and extremely helpful. his bedside manner is fantastic! I was very nervous about everything and he immediately made me feel at ease.. I highly recommend him😀

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017