Dr. Jose M. Pires

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jose M. Pires

I was under the knife with Dr. Pires a couple of times in a span of 25 days - first, to remove a cyst in my breast (lumpectomy was performed since there was no cancer seen from the needle biopsy) and second, for a mastectomy which was my option when they found out through further biopsy of the lump taken that I had mucinous carcinoma. Dr. Pires was very thorough and very detailed in explaining the procedure, what's gonna happen during and after the surgery. He was very empathic when he had to tell me the result of the biopsy, very gentle with his words. He exemplifies a very professional doctor. After the 2nd surgery, no cancer was seen of the 17 lymph nodes taken. I didn't need any radiation nor chemotherapy! Thank you very much Dr. Pires! Aside from being a very good surgeon with a very good heart, you're also extremely cute! I forgot to take a picture with you, though :(

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

I had an ingrown toenail removed by Dr. Pires today and he’s amazing! I first met him a couple months ago for a consultation and to discuss surgery options and he was very knowledgeable and thorough and doesn’t sugar coat anything! Fast forward a couple months and I had my ingrown removal and it was quick and painless and he helped me choose the most effective removal surgery. The nurse helping him was also very personable and help me through the pain of the needles to numb my toe! I would recommend Dr. Pires to anyone!!! 10/10 experience!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

I had hernia operation in march 2017 with the Doctor Jose Pires Just want to say that he is amazing no pain he did a very good job

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

Dr. Pires removed my gallbladder in July 2017. He is very professional, kind and caring. The surgery went extremely smoothly and i was up and feeling good within 2 days. His staff and the nurses at the Montfort were amazing. Thank you Dr. Pires!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

I had a left inguinal hernia repaired in 1972 by another doctor that involved an overnight stay in hospital. By 2007 I had a right ingunal hernia, which was repaired using mesh by Dr. Pires with day surgery at the Montfort Hospital in Ottawa. Healing was without incident and I continued activities as before, perhaps to excess, as I was well into my 70s by then. In 2016 I had a right side recurrence and was referred to Dr. Pires again. My wife and I were impressed with his appearance, manner and explanation of options for repair. Because of the previous repair with mesh, he recommended repair from the back side to avoid going through previous scar tissue and mesh, using a. Standard technique with a choice of experienced doctors, or a new technique by Dr. Pires. He was learning a new technique from a doctor in Colorado to enter the area laparoscopically and from the side, between the muscle layers, using mesh reinforcement and minimizing damage to the area. As I was not experiencing pain or severe activity limitation at the time, we elected to wait till the Spring, when he would be in a position to use this new technique, and we went on a list of patients also waiting for this technique. When the first call came for available surgical time, I was not able to take advantage, but was later scheduled for the new surgery May 26, 2017 at the Montfort, again day surgery. The day evolved smoothly and comfortably, instilled with confidence from Dr. Pires and the smooth team in the hospital, with virtually no pain or serious discomfort, just extra care moving, especially in and out of bed. During recovery, I contacted his office with some questions and enjoyed professional and caring treatment and reassuring answers to my questions. After a couple of weeks without driving, and six weeks of careful activity, I was able to resume full activity, including golf, thank goodness. My experience was as comfortable and pleasant as it could be for a surgical procedure, and would recommend the services of Dr. Pires without hesitation. A.M. Ottawa

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

I went to see Dr. Pires for consultation. The moment he said "hi" to me puts a big smile on my face. He is so nice, gentle and at the same time professional and knowledgable. He examined my problem area and described the situation, explained potential solutions and offer alternative remedies (operation vs careful care to the area). I am so glad that I met him today!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

I had a colon resection on July 5th after several emergency visits to Monfort. I was lucky enough to get Dr. Pires who diagnosed, treated and operated on me. He is exceptionally skilled, has great people skills and is very knowledgeable and approachable. I have great optimism for the Canadian healthcare system with doctors like him treating patients. He is the best!!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Recently I had surgery by Dr. Pires for a rectal prolapse. Dr. Pires explained the procedure in detail and made me feel comfortable. I had been in pain for several months and am very relieved that the operation was a success. Dr. Pires is an excellent and caring surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Dr Pires is a great surgeon. C'est un médecin consciencieux et très affable. Un gros merci pour tous les soins reçus à l'hôpital et à sa clinique. Je suis très heureuse d'avoir connu cette personne. Mill le fois merci!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

My experience with Doctor Pires was exceptionally positive. He was an active listener, accommodated my need for information, and gave me good advice on surgical options. He was upfront (honest) while still being sensitive. He was exceptionally approachable / easy to speak with. His staff were top notch. Dr. Pires is a professional gem – if only he could be cloned….

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017