Ratings for Dr. Jose M. Pires

Wow! What a Doctor. Receptive, listen to you and tries to give you the best.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Dr. Pires is a shining example of a model medical care professional. He loves his job and its obvious. He puts his patients at ease and his work is of the highest quality. A top notch Doctor.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2016

I was operated for a gall bladder removal with Dr. Pires and I was very treated with no complications, I recommend this Doctor overwhelmingly at Monfort Hospital.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

When you are sick and going under an operation, you do not really have a choice whose hands will fix you. All i can do was pray that the surgeon I get is the best there is. True enough, my prayers were heard. Dr. Pires took care of my medical situation, fixed my woes and was always there to explain to me what happened and what I can expect. He is a very good person and the best doctor I've had. Just after my follow-up with him today, I felt very assured and happy to be cleared and certified to be in very good health. And he gave me further tips on what to expect in the next 6-8 weeks and how to stay better. He knows his stuff. Thank you Dr. Pires. You were great - 5 stars for you! And for the good staff - nurses and aids and even volunteers at the Monfort Hospital - you are all 5 stars for me for helping me survive a painful stay in the hospital. Thanks all!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

It's very reassuring to deal with a doctor who listens well, explains clearly, and has a confident and friendly manner. Dr. Pires is one of the most pleasant individuals I have encountered, not only in medical practice, but in general. I feel very lucky to have had him do my inguinal hernia repair. As a layperson, I am not in a position to evaluate his technical expertise. What I CAN say, however, is that five days after the surgery, I am virtually pain-free, and (aside from the IV site) there is little to no bruising. Well DONE, Doctor Pires, and thank you!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

I had an emergency appendectomy and he was great! Has good bedside manner, is kind, energetic, sincere and cares about his patients. His honesty and straightforward approach were helpful and put me at ease.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2016

I HAD SURGERY WITH DR. JOSE PIRES ON THE SECOND HOVE OCTOBER 2015 AND I RECOMMEND HIM TO EVERYONE EVEN MY LOVE ONE HE IS VERY KIND ANDERSTANDING, ANSER AL MY QUESTION AND HE TAKE THE TIME WITH HIS PATIENT I AM GRATEFUL TO HAVE HIM AS A TOP SURGEON, THANK YOU DR PIRES I NEVER FEEL LIKE THAT FOR MONTHS, GOOD NO MORE PAIN THANK TO YOU AND YOUR STAFF

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

Dr. Pirez is very skilled at surgery and I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

I had a surgery with Dr. Jose Pires & found him to be very knowledgeable, professional & empathetic. He was very patient with me and made me feel at ease. He was highly recommend in the city when I asked about him & I'd definitely recommend him for general surgery.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

In reference to the comment below, submitted on March 13, 2013, I too was operated on by Dr. J. Pires for colon cancer in June, 2015. My experience found Dr. Pires to be a kind, patient physician with an appreciated sense of humour. If I were to require surgery in the future, I would be grateful to have him as the attending physician.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015