Ratings for Dr. Nelson Greidanus

i had 2 total knee replacement surgeries 3 months apart.. the first one i was walking unaided after 3 weeks after the most recent i have been walking unaided after 9 days.. Dr. G is the best there is.. he is amazing..

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

I had hip replacement surgery, he's the best by all means. I highly recommend!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Dr. Greidanus helped me so much I can't thank him enough. His knowledge and confidence are very comforting and give you the sense everything will be fine once you are in his hands. He explains things very clearly and is kind and cheerful. I am so grateful that I was finally referred to him after seven years of looking for answers that no one else could give. Thank you so much.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Dr. Greidanus is an "OUTSTANDING" Orthopedic Surgeon. He is beyond a professional. A very caring, understanding, empathetic, EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT listener, kind, extemely thorough with sharing the necessary information, and makes you feel comfortable and at ease. ALWAYS gives you the time you need when you meet with him. He TRULY is a "SPECIAL Orthopedic Surgeon. Sure hope he never leaves our province. It would be TRAGIC and a HUGE LOSS to our Orthopedic Medical System. Keep up the OUTSTANDING CARE, Dr. Greidanus. YOU ARE THE BEST! BEST! BEST! A BIG THANKS to Lydia for all her assistance. She is truly GREAT! Thanks Tons, Lydia!!!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

This guy is excellent. So is his staff. You have to wait, but my wait was not as long as they told me it would be (which was 2 years). Once you're in, it's awesome.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

I've had 4 Orthopedic Surgeon's since I was 16 (Motorbike Accident). Dr. Greidanus and the Fellows at VGH's Complex Joint Clinic are amazing.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

Dr. G is the very best. He replaced my left hip 5 years ago and now my right hip on September 2nd 2016. I was 55 years old for the first hip and 60 with this hip. Dr. G was superb throughout both procedures. He (in my opinion) is unusual for a Surgeon. He took his time explaining everything to me; was kind; laughed easily and made me feel that everything was going to be better than ever before. And, that is exactly how it turned out…both times. Dr. G is a wonderful Orthopedic Surgeon and an even nicer human being. Like others, I rate him highly…a 12 out of 10!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

Dr. G. Nice guy, knows orthopedics and knows exactly what needs to be completed. Thoughtful and funny! Did a great job on my knee replacement. Wait was very short here too see him when Victoria orthos were saying wait 5 -10 years before replacement. Dr. G said no, its toast and needs to happen now! 10 out of 10. Thank you Nelson!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Nelson cares about hus patients and has a terrific way about him. He puts you at ease with both his knowledge and his manner as you are about to have a procedure. He is the best

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

Generally disappointed with Dr G. Knowledge and rep are great but made me feel on first consultation that he had more important matters and was hurrying me out the door. Waited 18 months and 90 minutes in office for about an 8 minute consultation. Another surgeon who retired (unfortunatley) spent close to an hour in 2 appts going over everything. Post op in hospital 3 days never once checked in on me (sent resident). Post op waited 5 months to see him and got about 5 minutes. Again he made me feel like he was in a hurry. Also kept calling me "Pal" which is a bit weird. Beware: He is a teaching doctor and is always working with residents so chances are he will be supervising the surgery not actually doing it

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

Dr. Nelson Greidanus's Credentials

• U of Alberta (Grad. 1993)