You may also like

Rate Dr. Nelson Greidanus

Dr. Nelson Greidanus's Ratings

Dr. Greidanus did a great job on my wife's hip surgery. His follow up care and attention have revealed him to be an extraordinarily compassionate and caring human being. We give him the highest recommendation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2900303].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2015

I had the good fortune to have Dr. Greidanas for my bi-lateral hip replacement on june 15th, 2015. It was a Hugh success. Clearly he is a master in his field.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2900298].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2015

10 stars. If you are lucky enough to see Nelson, buy a lottery ticket too. Full knee replacement at 54 and 2 years later, I have 120 degree ROM. More than that, he has an amazing manner and positivity to what can be a scary thing for patients. Early on I had severe swelling and he called me back on my cell with a new action plan and texted me to check in for several days later...follow up office sessions were motivating to me. Here is the deal...if you work hard, really hard at physio he will support you at the finish line. At one point he told me I had a 10% room for improvement and challenged me to get another 10 degrees before the scar tissue arrived. I did it and it was his coaching that allowed me to get the very best result. Fantastic doctor, better man.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2755857].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

He is the best ...period! Besides being an excellent surgeon, he is helpful, knowledgeable, kind and an extremely reassuring presence before and after surgery.

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2702347].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2015

My husband was high risk for his knee replacements and after waiting 18 years for a specialist that changed his mind and not do the surgery Dr. Greidanus was a god send for him. He just had his second knee replaced and he has been last summer and I only wish this happened many years ago. He actually sleeps through the night and better than ever been in over 20 years. You may have a very long wait for this specialist but he is the best. He is also a trama surgeon that is over worked and the hospital dictates how many surgeries are performed. He spends a lot of time correcting others bad surgeries. Always pleasant and cares about his patients. The prep work before during and after surgery has been so helpful for a wonderful recovery. He sends his patients to Oasis and I wish we had this knowledge many years ago for arthritis and could of prevented more damage to our bodies. I am now waiting for him to do both my knees and the wait is worth it.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2698972].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2015

Dr Greidanus replaced my hip 3 years ago, I discarded my crutches and cane after 3 weeks and I was able to do 1/2 hour workout on the elliptical trainer. I had my knee replaced 6 months after the hip and I have no pain, I wished I had done this 10 years earlier. He is an excellent surgeon. The staff at UBC were excellent as well.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2647385].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

Dr. Greidanus replaced my hip 4 years ago and both knees 2 years ago. I feel very very fortunate to have had a former patient recommend him to me. My family MD was amazed at how good the incision wounds looked when he took out stitches and the marvelous range of motion I have been able to achieve and maintain in all three joints. I have no hesitation in giving Dr. Greidanus the HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION. If you are one of those who thinks that waiting an hour or two for an appointment is more important than being a patient of one of the best surgeons, then go somewhere where time is your surgeon's greatest care... allow a patient who cares about the quality of their care take your place!

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2628634].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

I'm a 42 year old woman and I have had active Rheumatoid Arthritis since age six. I knew that one day I would have to have some joints replaced, and it so turned out that my right hip was the first large one to go. I feel very fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Greidanus as I had my hip replaced just over a year ago, and it has been a tremendous success.

Eventually, and sooner rather than later, I'll have to have the left one done as well, and there's no-one else I would want doing the surgery. Capable, compassionate and well-respected, Dr. G. is at the top of his field. I would recommend him for anyone who really needs help, as I certainly got it.

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2614512].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2014

Dr.Greidanus has always worked with me over the years. I find him happy to be around, and very professional. I have never had any wait time. His staff is great. I always have a pleasant and positive responses when I have to go in for knee surgery. Thank you fo everything.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2565851].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

I notice that someone is complaining about having to wait for an appointment with Dr. Greidanus, however, while waiting, did you notice the amount of people waiting for knee, hip and other surgeries? This Dr. is amazing and I had my hip replaced in May and had and do not have now any pain since the surgery. I told him it was a miracle what he could do for people suffering with arthritis in the areas he works on and gave him hug to say thank you. He's the only doctor I've heard of in many years that calls a family member post surgery to let them know their loved one is doing great! I can't wait to get my knee fixed up again as it's 17 years old and should have only lasted from 7 to 12 years. Give these surgeons a break, it's very difficult to schedule so many surgeries and if one has to wait well, do you want your surgery done by the best or what????

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2560095].votes_count ]]