Ratings for Dr. Peter Dirks

He has the God Complex and it affects the patients. I begged for brain surgery even though he INSISTED that nothing was wrong....he went in and suprise suprise...my shunt was broken. He was wrong. He won't admit it. Then after brain surgery the nurses and I noticed my head was still swelling in one area at times. Whrn it swelled it hurt more than before surgery. We brought it up to him and he told us we were wrong and I will never forget his words, remember he is a PEDIATRIC NEUROSURGEON : "If you don't like the way you look get plastic surgery. I'm a brain surgeon not a plastic surgeon." I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE PAIN AND SWELLING NOT HOW I LOOK. I was so insulted. I left the hospital at that instant. I had to sign forms for me to leave because I wasn't recovered from my brain surgery yet but I did and I left because it's hard enough recovering from brain surgery without the man who is supost to help you telling you that there's nothing wrong with u and u just need plastic surgery. I then turned 18 and moved to an adult neurosurgeon. AS SOON AS I WALKED IN they asked about the swelling. Looks like lord and saviour dr dirks was wrong again. This experience made me hate the medical system with a passion.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

Excellent caring compassionate doctor. Beyond knowledgeable and patient. Amazing.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

There is no enough rate to give it to Dr. Dirks. He is by far the most competent doctor I ever met. Dr. Dirks saved my daughter's life after she got diagnosed with a rare brain tumor in brainstem that was very difficult to reach. I consulted many neurosurgenss before Dr. Dirks and all of them insist that the surgery is very difficult and many complications could arise from it, and they tried to push me away from surgery. Thanks to God that we were blessed by Dr. Dirks. He always assured us that my daughter will be fine and he did many surgeries on the same site. He is very capable doctor. I still remember the words he told me before the surgery when I was concerned with tears in my eyes, he said " Don't be worry, I also have girls and I know how precious they are, I will take good care of Rand" . Thank you doctor Dirks for all your efforts and support during the most difficult time that I faced in my life.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

Dr. Dirks is the most skilled and the most compassionate. Dr. Dirks saved my life and after having surgical complications, he followed me for years after my surgery. When I had to be out of school for a long time and people did not understand or assumed I would not be able to thrive, he instilled in me a sense of determination and hope. I owe him everything. As I conclude my university degree, I am in the midst of applying to medical school. The inspiration to do this and it being possible to do so are exclusively because of him.

Submitted September 18, 2016

If you or your loved one is fortunate enough to be assigned Dr Dirks you can breath a sigh if relief, your prayers have in fact been answered. He is truly exceptional as is the staff he surrounds himself with. If you happen to wait a little longer than you expected believe me he's worth the wait and he'll stay with you as well till all your questions are answered.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

Dr Dirks is amazing and such a caring and knowledgeable Doctor. Our daughter has been in his care for the last 5 years and I feel so comfortable and confident in his ability. I will never forget what he has done for us and continues to do for us and his patients.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

Where can I start. Dr.Dirks is amazing. My daughter has been in his care since birth. He is the most caring doctor that I have met. He makes sure all of our questions are answered and that we have a full understanding of what is going on with her care. My daughter is now almost two and is doing well. I thank god everyday for Dr.Dirks.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Amazing doctor! He took care of my MRI for me and it mean a lot!!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

super cool guy, reminds me of phil dunphy!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

Amazing Doctor. He has performed four surgeries on my now ten year old son. My son was also premature when he was born. Dr dirks was the first to put his hands on him. I trust him with my sons life. My son loves him too and doesnt fear going into the operating room with him. My son is known as the miracle kid. Thanks doctor dirks!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014