Ratings for Dr. Melissa Witty

Amazing family doctor, caring and compassionate. Always thorough with excellent knowledge but knows when to refer to a specialist. We are lucky to have her as our doctor. Thank you Dr. Witty !

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

My wife and father in law have both been misdiagnosed by Dr. Witty. The comments below are all in line with what I've seen. I have been so angry I feel there should be a class action lawsuit. Even when my wife presented her with a suggestion of what her pain could be coming from, she said no and did not even have her sent for an Ultrasound which would have quickly revealed that my wife was suffering exactly what we thought she was. One trip to emergency in excruciating pain revealed this easily. She has spent months in pain waiting for a surgery that should have happened already.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Not very "witty" at all... Hard to trust a doctor who doesn't care to spend more than 10 minutes in the same room as their patient

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Witty's for over 17 years, since I was pregnant with my daughter. She is always condescending my pain that I am in and always tells me to do this exercise or that one. After 10 years of pain she still has never given me anything for it. My back now has degenerative disk desease in it and i also suffer from osteoporosis in my lower back and hips. I wish i could find a doctor that would refer me to a specialist I need. Dr. Witty always refuses to send me to one. Can not stand her

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Dr Witty treated my parents (both in their 70s) for the last 15 years. At the beginning, she seemed to care and pay attention to what they were saying. Gradually over time, she became bitter, annoyed and heartless. She seems to feel it's her responsibility to manage the Ontario medical budget as she's refused to refer for tests simply because they're too expensive. My parents have since switched Drs and found out my mother was on double the diabetes medication she should have been and has suffered irreversible eye damage because of it. My father has since found out he suffered a heart attack a few years ago, which Dr **itty simply said was dehydration at the time. She will kill someone one day...if she hasn't already.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

I have been a patient for 14 years. I have very high anxiety and depression. I called once for a prescription renewal that they were not putting though and I was crying. The next time I went in I was scolded by Dr. Witty for cursing and screaming at her receptionist and maybe I should find a new doctor. I could not believe this receptionist (the oldest one) would tell a bold faced lie. I was in a suicidal state, which Dr. Witty knew, and yet I was told off about something that never happened. It took 14 years to find the right medicine for me to be on. 14 years with this Doctor, and she turned on me because one old bag was having a bad day and didn't care to deal with a patient.

Submitted September 5, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Witty's since she opened her practice in Barrie. I began experiencing back pain at age 11 that continually worsened each year. My family physician at the time, as well as doctors that I saw in Emerg, blew me off as a teenager drug seeking and refused to order any tests beyond standard x-rays. During our initial appointment I found Dr Witty to be extremely compassionate and dedicated to my case, and after 12 years of needless suffering under the care of others, Dr Witty diagnosed my Syringomyelia in less than 6 months. She worked to have me seen by one of the leading neurologists in the country and for the past 16 years has gone above and beyond in her support to not only myself, but my mother as well. Though I have since moved out of the Barrie area, nothing could convince me to switch to another physician. Thank you, Dr Witty! K. Barkovic

flag | Submitted August 24, 2014

She has repeatedly misdiagnosed my entire family. She is rude, condescending, curt, and incompetent in managing our conditions and concerns. She is cold and shows little compassion. She seems annoyed with you if you're suffering with anything more that an acute ailment. She is unwilling to listen to suggestions, and cannot offer any information to answer your questions or concerns. Her lack of knowledge and care shows - she is reluctant to administer tests or give referrals to specialists unless you beg her. She has made numerous mistakes in diagnosis and treatment, and I do not trust her with my care.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2013

I would not recommend Dr Witty to my worst enemy. She is extremely condescending and rushes through her appointments in a rude and abrupt manner. I suffered through a serious disease for almost a year due to her misdiagnosis of my condition. She is cold and doesn't ever remember my name even though myself and my kids have been going to her for over 10 years. I desperately wish to change to another doctor, one who might show compassion and concern for the health issues of my family.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2012

My family has been patients of Dr. Witty since she opened her practice in Barrie in the mid 90’s I believe. We have been patient as she has built her practice and started her family because we believe she is one of the best Dr.’s. We have had some serious medical issues in our family and she has been instrumental in maintaining our mental, emotional and physical health. Thank you Dr. Witty. W, K, S & baby F.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012