Ratings for Dr. Yamona Kalyanpur

Dr kalyanpur delievered 2 out of 3 of my kids. My first was a scheduled c section. She was great. My second 17 months later was natural. She was awful. I lost my mucus plug in the hospital, the next day she broke my waters,which were brown,on the second day. Not a good sign. She walked out and told my husband another doctor would be in to deliver the baby. I was now on day 2 of being in labor and almost 3 weeks overdue. My sons heart rate dropped considerably low after 2 days of labor and the doctor told me I had to get the baby out now!!! Or he would have to do it. Thankfully only pushing for 20 mins he was born. Grey in colour but he pulled thru. Thankfully the doctor that came in was wonderful. But she was awful and I refused to go back to her for my third

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

I'm sure Dr K has a lot of experience behind her, but I didn't feel like I was taken care of very well. She was my OB for our first baby in 2009. Wait time was at least an hour (is that typical and if so, why the wait, why not just bump everyone back an hour?). Over an hour long sit in the waiting room for prenant women is especially frustrating. The appointments would be very standard, and not much conversation. Everything I told her I was feeling I was told was just normal for any pregnancy. She doesn't like generic brand drugs. She said taking a generic brand prenatal pill is not the time to be cheap. I compared the ingredients and they were the same. She still insisted I should go for the brand name. I feel like she is too busy. I hear she has since closed the practice at one of the locations, hopefully this will help her workload.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2012

Dr. K delivered my first a couple of years ago...I think she did a great job and you can tell she has a heart..but does come off as rude. And after you have had a c-section and you have 'made it out' to your first doctors apt with new child in tow, you only want to see smily faces.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2010

I cant say one positive word about this Doctor. She was rude and dismissive to my questions telling me I need a prenatal class to answer them as my Ob it was not her job. I actually thought she was joking until she mentioned to my husband we are not making enough effort as parents by not attending a pre natal regardless of the fact we had 12weeks to go at the time and had booked the class she just assumed otherwise. My husband was disgusted. She done an internal exam without gloves and when the results came back failed to tell me the important results that could have affected my baby’s health detrimentally. I told this doctor I was bleeding and lost my mucus plug at 30 weeks she dismissed my claim and at 33I found I was going into preterm labor after having an ultrasound if it was not stopped my baby could have been born quite ill with lung problems. The nurses at my hospital were more than happy to share their experiences they had with Dr. Kalyanpur I found not one positive comment.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2010

Dr. Kalyanpur delivered both of my children-both High risk. My son was born 20 years ago at BC Womens Hospital. Things seemed risky so she put me in the pregnancy ward for 5 days- a couple weeks before my due date. She was being safe, caring and fabulous. My daughter was born 12 years ago at Richmond Hospital. She made everything go great in a high risk pregnancy.She is an angel! Warm and loving. (Vera Smart)

flag | Submitted November 26, 2009

I have been going to Dr. K for over 25 years and she has always been 100%. My daughters now go to her and she is taking excellant care of them. I had originally been sent to a Dr. who was more interested in developing equipment. Basically told me my problem was in my head - I almost bled out in a washroom. I am pleased she is delivering my first grandchild.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2009

Dr. Kalyanpur delivered all my 3 children and I have no hesitation on recommending her to any patients. She is older, but very experienced.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

Dr. Kalyanpur helped me with the birth of both my children. I have mixed feeling about Dr. Kalyanpur. I do believe she means well and is extremely knowledgeable and caring. She just works too much (on call and has a lot of patients), and sadly may be too old. she came late when my first was born because "she didn't think my first would arrive after only 9hrs of labour" but she stitched me up well and the follow up was good. With my second child she was there the whole time and was very good with prenatal care and delivery. However, I did end up with a uterus infection. I think because I had a latex sensitivity the staff took too long looking for the proper material for when I asked for pain gas during stitch up. Anyways when I called her with my symptoms of high fever etc. She was excellent with directing me and meeting me right away at the hospital. Where there was a need for another specialist more experienced with infections she was on top of it and thorough.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

I have been one of Dr. Kalyanpur's patients for 8 years. She diagnosed an ovarian cyst which I had removed 5 years ago. I am now pregnant with my first child. I had severe abdominal pain and Dr. Kalyanpur was on duty at Richmond General Hospital. Within a 1/2 hr of arriving at the hospital, she treated me (in between performing 2 c-sections on other patients.) I was quite impressed with the level of service and knowledge that I received from Dr. Kalyanpur that day. She's an Obstetrian so she has an unpredictable schedule delivering babies - but she went out of her way to make time for me that day.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2009

I have seen her off and on for years now and she always seemed friendly and sometimes helpful, referred me to another surgeon when she felt it needed to be done. I have spoken to many people who had their babies delivered by her and some feel that maybe it is time for her to retire,she was quite forgetful with me a few times, the only neg thing I can say is yes, as posted previously, the examiming rooms have really freaked me out, not just messy, but extremely dirty, and outdated equipment, I think that this is the responsibility of her staff, and not so much the doctor herself.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2009