Ratings for Dr. Uzma Ahmed

All around an amazing pediatrician, I've been taking my kid to her since 2001 and we've never had a problem. Always knows what's wrong and is very friendly. Doesn't prescribe a medicalization unless really needed. Staff is also very nice and cooperative.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

I always find her very kind and knowledgeable. She is my daughter 's pediatrician since she was born. We feel at home whenever we visit her.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

I have been taking my kids to Dr Uzma since 2005 since she was recommended as our child's Pediatrician by a Dr from HSK for my child who had severe cardiac issues involving major surgery. She now takes care of my 3 children. I like her cautious style and the fact that she will not prescribe a drug unless there is absolute need, as too many drugs can have serious side effects on younger children especially babies. There have been times when I was disappointed after the visit as I just want the quick fix and she would not prescribe anything. However, looking back, I think she did the right thing and the kids have built up their own immunities to simple illnesses. She has a quiet personality and is more of an introvert but she has always been pleasant to my whole family and sometimes will break into a smile. She has never been rude. She does not ask too many questions and she always addresses any concern that worries me. In certain instances with my high risk child, she has immediately sent us get higher emergency care and done whatever she can to help in the hospital. I think she is a great doctor and would recommend her to anyone. Her assistant, Agnes is absolutely wonderful, cheerful and manages the doctor's office very efficiently. They work well together. She concurs with Dr Ahmed when necessary and will always reply to any questions/concerns. She does not overbook the schedule which ensures short wait times (very important with sick fussy children). My only concern is that Dr Ahmed is not available every day of the week as has other commitments at the hospital, Perhaps, she should consider taking in a part time doctor to cover the days when she is not available as I don't like going to walk in clinics and update the doctors with the child's history each time. However, this is probably common with most great doctors.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

Do not like Dr Uzma Ahmed. It's like pulling teeth with her. She doesn't answer any of my questions. I have to drag any information out her. She never talks to my kids, doesn't even bother to say "Hi". In fact she ignores them whenever they say "Hi" to her. What kid of manners are those? Summary: bad with kids, bad with parents, ok with diagnosis. Do not recommend her at all.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

I never had problems with Dr. Uzma. We didn't have any major health issues with the kids, and so far she helped us solve all of them. I like the fact that she does not prescribe drugs for just anything. She always answers my questions and she is nice to the kids. She may not smile all the time, but that's not why we go to see her. The receptionist (Agnes) is great as well.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2014

Very Incompetent and rude. She failed to diagnose the reason of my clild's limping and said there is nothing wrong with your child, although she was limping all along and there was swelling on the ankle. I saw an orthopedic doctor at Mcmaster university through my family doctor who immediately put the cast on my child's foot and told me that the bone was growing in the wrong direction. If I had not seen the Orthopedic surgeon,my child would have been limping and suffering pain all the time.Dr Uzma is very rude and has a frown on her face all the time as if she is forcing herself to see the patients. A pediatrician should be a smiling and nice with kids and should make them comfortable rather than making them scared of him/her. Dr Uzma should see a psychiatrist for herself to give her some tips to be polite and nice. She needs behaviour therapy badly.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2013

Good doctor, nice thorough visits and little wait time. I have never had a doctor check my child so thoroughly and carefully. Receptionist is extremely awesome :)!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012

Dr.Uzma Ahmed is the best doctor for my kids. She walks in the room, smiles, says hello and she asks "whats wrong?" and listens to everything patiently. She asks questions if I forget to mention things. She has been my kids doctor for about 9yrs now and I have never had a complain. If I have a concern about something she always double checks to make sure she and I are satisfied and that my kids are healthy. After I brought my 3rd child home from the hospital and she had turned blue once at home she had us back at the hospital for 2 more days for obsevation and came every morning to check up on us. From astma, cysts, uti, falling of bikes, shes on top of everything. I am so grateful to have her as our doctor.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2012

she is a very rude doctor .she doesnt even bother to listen ur concerns about your children .would definately not recommend to any one

flag | Submitted November 23, 2011

Dr Uzma Ahmed is an incompetent and irresponsible doctor. 1) She didn't even bother checking my 8-month-old son's weight on his second visit for bleeding from anus and not gaining weight. 2) She failed to consider the possibility of colon polyps, given that my son's symptoms are bleeding from the anus, not gaining weight and constipation. 3) She advised against breastfeeding to mitigate constipation, claiming there is no medical evidence that breast milk is better than baby formula in terms of treating constipation. 4)She is so ill-judged as to recommend that it is fine for mom to travel abroad and leave the sick baby at home without breastfeeding for several days.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2011

• Humana Health Care Plan
  • Humana Medicare
  • Humana PPO
  • Medicare (General)
  • Medicare Replacement (Humana Replacement)
Novanet