Ratings for Dr. Hilda Makken

Dr Makken always goes one step further to determine and provide the best advice for our son. She is very caring and loving of children. We adore her.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

We love Dr Makken! She's very knowledgable and lovely to be around! She treats my kids with respect, her secretary is really nice too!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

This Women traumatized me when I was child. I am writing this at the age of 22 today. DO NOT take your children to her. She has no people skills what so ever and is extremely rude. She should not be a doctor.

Submitted January 22, 2016

We see Dr, Makken inDunnville , she is caring,compassionate and thorough and very knowledgeable - my grandkids are in good hands.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

She has the worst bedside manner, she told e that I was going to have a lot of problems with my son and he may have tumours in his brain and may never walk. My son has NF1 and is doing great. I went to McMaster and got the results and when I Let her know about the results she said their will always be a dark cloud I've our lives and we could get in a car accident and die tommorrow. I could not believe how unprofessional she is and will not go back to her nor recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

She was a bit late for the appt. apologized and smiled. My son had a joke for her and she was very attentive to him. As my husband and I were speaking to her,she seems to know my son, I bit odd at first but then I had to agree with each thing you mentioned. That was my son. Even though it was one year since we spoke. She knew what we were experiencing so I guess her knowledge was bang on. When we started to discuss medication and our concern of it. She took her time and explained which one and why. Gave us info to read and asked to see him in 2 weeks. I sure hope I will see the difference in my son as she said we would.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

helpful, caring and professional - shows tender loving care for her patients.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

Rude,rude and rude.....couldnt believe how rude and unprofessional this doctor actually was. l have never seen anything quite like it. Do not go to this woman!!!! If you can possibly avoid her do so she is nasty with no bedside manner at all!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2013

My daughter had been seeing her for quite some time, and was diagnosed ADHD, her meds were upped a couple times. Childrens Aid Society contacted her about something unrelated, she changed my words around and made it sound like there was risk of my child overdosing by having two people medicating her (not true..) The funny part was the SAME day she was worried about that happening, she put my daughter on 54mg from 36mg, I dont understand how someone was worried about overdose, would up a childs meds the exact same day. When confronted, she admitted that she may have made an error, said it was "unfortunate" but refused to correct the issue by contacting Childrens Aid. This Pediatrician is the most unprofessional Dr I have ever had contact with.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2012

Very nice and caring. She took my son when her office was closed before a long holiday and she called the next day to see how he was feeling. I would suggest her to all mothers. Very punctual and explains in detail.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012