Ratings for Dr. Hilda Makken

Inconsistent. At first she seemed approachable, compassionate, and a cautious prescriber (which I liked) but she became increasingly abrupt and rude when there wasn't a quick fix. She had little skill or interest in engaging with my anxious child and took it personally when she had difficultly communicating her feelings to her. She has a bad reputation for dismissing or dumping patients quickly if there are any challenges.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

This Dr knows her profession but her bedside manner needs to be changed She is very curt and one sided she likes a parent who agrees with her as the be all of meeicine for their child she cares bit she likes it her way . i find her rude she speaks down to you and if you dont agree with her like me ehe literally stopped talking to me and ignored me shortest visit weve ever had there .. drug pusher

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

Very nice and caring, made me feel very comfortable.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

Kind and caring. Extremely thorough. Perhaps the most patient doctor with ADHRS, but still pretty great.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Useless pill pusher! Extremely ignorant. Loves to call FACS for no reason. Thinks drugs are the answer to all kids issues.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

Dr Makken always goes one step further to determine and provide the best advice for our son. She is very caring and loving of children. We adore her.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

We love Dr Makken! She's very knowledgable and lovely to be around! She treats my kids with respect, her secretary is really nice too!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

This Women traumatized me when I was child. I am writing this at the age of 22 today. DO NOT take your children to her. She has no people skills what so ever and is extremely rude. She should not be a doctor.

Submitted January 22, 2016

We see Dr, Makken inDunnville , she is caring,compassionate and thorough and very knowledgeable - my grandkids are in good hands.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

She has the worst bedside manner, she told e that I was going to have a lot of problems with my son and he may have tumours in his brain and may never walk. My son has NF1 and is doing great. I went to McMaster and got the results and when I Let her know about the results she said their will always be a dark cloud I've our lives and we could get in a car accident and die tommorrow. I could not believe how unprofessional she is and will not go back to her nor recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015