Ratings for Dr. Eddy Lau

I just left st.joes just for kids clinic and it was my first time being seen by Dr. Lau. I absolutely loved him my oldest daughter as been seen by many Drs and specialist and I really liked him. He is on the top of my list!!! wish he was my girls pediatrician. We waited a long time but wasn't his fault it has been a crazy, busy and sick winter. He seemed like he knew what he was talking about but most important is he explained !!!! I love to ask questions and I left there feeling great.and my girls really liked him also.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Dr Lau is a fine doctor. However, the nurse Shona ( actually spelled Shania is extremely RUDE! My husband and I are considering leaving just because of her. Her demeanour is unpleasant and angry, as if she hates her job. Very unpleasant experience dealing with her. If you are reading this Shania, get another job...you clearly hate yours!! Don't put your negativity onto loving parents and sweet little angels ( children).

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

Amazing doctor. I would highly recommend him. Very knowledgeable and thorough with his assessments.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

I have been taking my kids to Dr. Lau for 9 years. He is a wonderful doctor. I have never felt rushed when talking to him, nor does he make you feel like an idiot for being a worried mother. He often has "students" that will be the first to look at the child. I am OK with that, because he doesn't ever base his diagnosis on their opinion. He will have them tell him what they see/think. Then he will look over the situation thoroughly and tell them if he disagrees, missed something or is bang on. It is almost like getting a second opinion in one room! The only issue with him is it can be really hard to get through to his office. You often have to call multiple times before getting through. However, the care you get is worth the hassle.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

Our family has had nothing but great experiences with Dr. Lau and his staff. We always find Dr. Lau, his nurse and his Residents to be very thorough, professional and friendly. He and his staff put our kids at ease and deliver excellent care. It is a busy office but we find the receptionist professional and helpful too and waiting times are not unreasonable unlike some Doctor's offices. We feel very fortunate to have Dr. Lau and his team looking after our children.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

Dr. Lau was down to earth and exceptionally friendly for a doctor which immediately put me at ease. His bedside manner was fantastic. He was knowledgable with the breathing issues and I trusted what he had to say.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

Dr. Lau is a nice knowledgeable pediatrician but is diminished by the staff he has chosen. Shona, his nurse is an unfriendly, unkind grump. She rarely listens to your concerns, even when you present them as a "I'm sorry to bother you but...". Mostly you walk on pins and needles around her. The quiet joke amongst parents is she really really needs a boyfriend. Annette is competent and nice enough but boy, does she value her breaks. If you have the last appointment before lunch and the doctor runs late, don't even think about talking to her behind the glass, even if she's sitting right there, and can see you as clear as day because....SHE"S ON LUNCH. Jody the nurse there is a GODSEND. She's lovely. She interacts with the kids, remembers them and still has her heart intact. I understand medicine can be grating and soul sucking on occasion but the doctors there are being hampered by terrible staff.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2015

Dr Lau is AWESOME! My son and my daughter see him! He has always treated us with exceptional courtesy. Its obvious he truly loves his job. My son love to engage with him and feels very comfortable with him! He is a true expert. His office is friendly. His nurses are nice, as well as the interns. Best care available for your child!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

Dr. Eddy Lau took care of my son son when he was a premie at St.joe's hospital. He looked over him and later discharged him. We were so amazing at how knowledgeable,caring, and patient he was. We loved him so much that he became my son's paediatrician! When my son got ill and had to re-enter the hospital, he again, over looked everything at the hospital. His knowledge and quick response saved my son's life! We are blessed and lucky to have him! Everyone at his office is amazing! His office is very childfriendly and welcoming! My son is 10 yrs old now!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Rude receptionist , rude nurses, no reminder calls for any appointments, he may be good doctor but you have pass this aweful people to see him. We stopped going there. The doctor at the just for kids had to refer my daughter to the surgeon working at St. Joes. How did dr. Lau missed it, opps. We had to switch to family doc that we are very grateful. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE OR YOU WILL REGRET LATER.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014