Ratings for Dr. Vijay Moonje

Fantastic surgeon very caring and communicates well. I had colon cancer operated by Dr. Moonje. I have recovered well and owe my life to him

flag | Submitted December 26, 2015

ended up in the ER with a messed up appendix. after all the tests he showed up and said he would be removing it. he was very nice and answered all my questions and made me very comfortable. Surgery was done without problems except the appendix was worse off than we thought so i was called into the hospital 3 days after being sent home due to blood cultures showing infection. (not his fault. just the appendix leaked and it took 3 days for the cultures to show that) regardless. he's a great doctor and it's too bad he is retiring at the end of the month.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

Dr was very knowledgeable and caring. Understood that someone had not done their job properly the first time and took the time to request the job done this time be done right.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

Dr Moonje is excellent, no nonsense, and recently did a fine inguinal hernia repair for me with no complications. Communication with staff is somewhat slow, but appointments were made with no problems. The direct link to the Riverside allows excellent care during elective day surgery.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2013

I had Dr. Moonje remove my galbladder,and H explined h procudure he isvery knowledgable and made you feel confortable.His staff is very polite and helpful in making appointments which also work for the one having the surgury . the follow up was great . Dr.Moonje is of the old school where his patient's come first ,I can remember my late Mother telling me f the great care she received years ago by Dr. Moonje and I was always grateful because my Mother deseved only the best and that is what she had received so if you ae in eed of a special surgon ,Dr. Moonji is one of the finest.and his receptionist Debbie is a sweetheart.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2012

Dr.moonje is a great dr, I had gallbladder surgery and it went really well. He was very clear and concise during the consultation. His staff was very nice, and my incisions are very neat. He was very professional, and now that I have some experience, I would recommend him to everyone?

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

flag | Submitted April 17, 2012

Excellent service, did not have to wait months for consult - seen quickly - booked for surgery quickly- very efficient, friendly - only waited in reception 45 mins - have waited 3 hrs in other reception areas - overall excellent doctor and overall experience

flag | Submitted November 11, 2011

waited quite a while in recption to see him...after surgery told him in pain and he said that I could not be in pain due to anesthetic but boy, was I in pain..I had to just bite the bullet and I did not think that was fair

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011

For my first surgery, my wound got infected and he was not interested in getting rid of the infection. Years later I saw him again because my hernia got bad and he said that he could not operate to fix it because it was beyond his expertise. He then said that I should look for another surgeon myself who could perform the surgery and offered no help whatsoever in locating a surgeon for me. He did not even offer to do any tests (ultrasound etc...) on the hernia to see if it needs immediate attention or not. Very unhelpful and uncaring physician.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2010