Dr. Dorothy June Irwin

Dr. Irwin misdiagnosed my skin condition causing me extended suffering as well as costing unnecessary money to me (useless expensive treatment, travel costs and such) and the health care system (two appointments, one with a GP for a new referral and one with the second dermatologist). The next dermatologist I saw had no difficulty diagnosing my condition (before being told of the previous incorrect diagnosis) and indicated that Dr. Irwins diagnosis was not at all likely. In addition to this serious problem I had to wait in an extremely small waiting room for over 6 hours to see her. She sees patients in whatever order she pleases ignoring the order in which they arrive. During my over 6 hours waiting I noticed three separate occasions where she got very angry at patients and abused them verbally loud enough that she could be heard through her closed office door down the hall and in the waiting room.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

Takes the time to find the best solution for your situation and is very nice

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

Après avoir attendu 6hres je me fais dire que je perd mes cheveux car je perd du poids et j ai des boutons sur les fesses car mes jeans sont trop serrés. Les locaux salles et que dire de son bureau. Elle m a examiné à côté de son bureau.. Aucune salle de consultation. J ai du répéter 7 ou 8 fois la date ou tout a commencé... Je vais finalement attendre pour voir un VRAI dermatologue.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

She is mentally retarded. Instead of listening to patient, diagnose problem, start treatment she read his own articles and letters in front of patient. For all patients her prescription is "you need food and your natural healing process makes you healthy", If this is the real treatment then no need to see him and waste your time.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

La dermatologue âgées semble accueillante dans les premiers instant, mais j avais quelques régions à lui montrer dont elle n'a pas voulu tous regarder. Elle m'a pratiquement traité de criminelle. Je ne l'ai pas aimé. Elle ne m'a rien donné pour me soigner. L'attente est extrêmmement longue, sans parler des gens qu' elle fait passer avant nous. Vaut mieux aller voir une jeune dermatologue qui ne sera pas méprisante. Côté hygiène après lui avoir montré mon eczéma dans mon entre jambes et après avoir attendu toute une journée à avoir chaud, elle m'a hurlé après parce que j'ai touché le lavabo et ouvert l'eau afin de me laver les mains. C'est la première fois de ma vie qu' après m'avoir touché les parties genitales, je ne puisse me laver les mains avant d'aller ouvrir les poignées de porte. J' imagine quelqu'un qui aurait quelques choses de contagieux comme l'herpès ou autres c'est totalement dégeulasse.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2015

I have never seen such a caring and knowlagable doctor. She cares about your condition and mostly what causes it. For those who pay more attention in her appearance, it's not a place for you. Go wait 3 months and get cortisone prescribed to you. The questions she asks are all relevant even if they don't seem so. She works extremely hard for us and doesn't have to stay till 2am to make sure everyone got to see her. it upsets me when people criticize this wonderful women after all she did for all of us! She fought for 25 years to ban pesticides and finally succeeded saving so many lives! She is a true doctor caring for the well being of all and would continue to wait 6 hrs to see her. She is a true inspiration!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2015

I just called her office at 10:00 at night and she answered on the FIRST ring! It is Thursday and I can get in to see her on Monday. Sure I will have to wait for a few hours but it is a small price to pay for being able to see her without a referral and a three month wait. I have been to see her a few times and she has always been very helpful & knowledgable. I rated a five for punctuality not because you get in right away but because you don't wait long for an appointment.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

Went to see Dr. Irwin a few weeks ago. She gave me a prescription to help with my issue, and whether or not I end up seeing desirable results, I will not be returning to see her again. Asking questions to learn more about the "why's" surrounding your condition, as well as her experience in treating certain things is dangerous. For example, she completely exploded at me when I asked her the innocent question of whether she saw many patients with my condition. She raised her voice and called my question offensive repeatedly, and told me not to come back to see her after she gave me my prescription. I didn't care about the weird things I heard about her own appearance or her office's appearance, I just wanted to see a knowledgeable doctor who could help and who I didn't have to wait weeks to see. Unfortunately, the unprofessionalism seen in her mess of an office is mirrored in her behaviour. Not at all what I expected for a doctor-to-patient relationship. Also, I waited 5 hours in total to see her when I arrived 2 hours before she even opened her office. She calls whoever she wants in whatever order she wants, showing preference to those she's treated before. It's too early to tell if she correctly treated my condition, however if a comfortable relationship with a physician who answers any and all questions you may have and takes the time to explain to you what's going on with your body is what you're looking for - which for me, is incredibly important - you my want to look somewhere else.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

I think she is a very experienced and caring Doctor.......probably she has more than 40 years experience....she has seen and treated everything........she does not take the easy solutions.....she does not treat you like a cash machine.....It is absolutely true that you have to wait for 4 hours to see her....I waited without appointment from 19:00 and she show me at 01:30 am......but this is a lot better than having to wait 2 months to get an appointment with another doctor....People must appreciate that she stays at her office until 2:00 am for them......and probably take advantage of the opportunity to socialize with other patients and enjoy the long waiting time....A side note also of appreciation that in case of children patients...Dr Irwin gives them priority on the waiting time.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

she's very helpful and takes the time necessary to solve your problem

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

Dr. Dorothy June Irwin's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Irwin misdiagnosed my skin condition causing me extended suffering as well as costing unnecessary money to me (useless expensive treatment, travel costs and..."

December 4, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Takes the time to find the best solution for your situation and is very nice "

November 4, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Après avoir attendu 6hres je me fais dire que je perd mes cheveux car je perd du poids et j ai des boutons sur les fesses car mes jeans sont trop serrés. Les lo..."

October 6, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "She is mentally retarded. Instead of listening to patient, diagnose problem, start treatment she read his own articles and letters in front of patient. For all ..."

September 23, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "La dermatologue âgées semble accueillante dans les premiers instant, mais j avais quelques régions à lui montrer dont elle n'a pas voulu tous regarder. Elle m..."

September 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have never seen such a caring and knowlagable doctor. She cares about your condition and mostly what causes it. For those who pay more attention in her appear..."

August 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I just called her office at 10:00 at night and she answered on the FIRST ring! It is Thursday and I can get in to see her on Monday. Sure I will have to wait fo..."

July 9, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Went to see Dr. Irwin a few weeks ago. She gave me a prescription to help with my issue, and whether or not I end up seeing desirable results, I will not be ret..."

June 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I think she is a very experienced and caring Doctor.......probably she has more than 40 years experience....she has seen and treated everything........she does ..."

May 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "she's very helpful and takes the time necessary to solve your problem"

May 5, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "So I saw Dr. Irwin 2 months ago. I waited a bit before writing a review so I could get a general idea of her. I live on the South shore of Montreal so already ..."

September 7, 2014