Ratings for Dr. Richard E. Stanford

Take your child to someone else that is better in tune with your child

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

He's wonderful! Always Is working hard to find treatment for his patients. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

Dr stanford is fantastic! We've been going to him for 9 years and are very blessed to have such a knowledgeable, caring Dr for our children

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

Dr. Stanford never disappoints. My oldest has been seeing him since she was 3. She is 8 now and he was always great with her. My little one has been seeing him since he was born. Same with him. He is very knowledgable. It takes him a couple of seconds to diagnose because he is so experienced. He always asks for the right tests and refers to the right doctors.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

I've been taking my kids to Dr Stanford for 12 years (since they were born). Over the years sometimes I've found him funny but mostly offensive. He was good with the babies but as they've gotten older he has become more and more condescending and arrogant. He spends the least amount of time as possible with his patients and treats the moms like we're idiots for wasting his time. I took my daughter in yesterday and all he did was look at her throat, give her a strep test which came back negative. He didn't look in her nose, ears, listen to her lungs or ask about her symptoms. Just said no strep, back to school. Even though she's been sick for two weeks and just started running a fever the night before. Every opportunity he gets he refers his patients elsewhere. He has sent my kids to more specialists than I've ever seen myself and they're relatively healthy. He has no appreciation for how hard it is for me to take off work to take my kids to see him or the fact that I have to pay out of pocket for his services. My labor and delivery nurse warned me about going to him. I wish I would have listened. For you new parents out there looking for a pediatrician, you can do much better than Dr Stanford.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

At my last visit I asked him about something I read on the CDC website and his response was, "don't read!" That is dangerous for doctors to advise parents not to do their own research, especially when it comes from a reputable source. Dr. Stanford is arrogant and isn't up to date on the latest practices. Each time I see Dr. Stanford he keeps telling me that my baby "just doesn't look right" to him, but when provoked as to why he doesn't have anything to say other than he's been doing this a long time. My baby sees specialists and they have told me that when they call to discuss his case with Dr. Stanford he is extremely short with them. Im tod he doesn't ever have any questions for them and waits for them to finish speaking, so he may get off the phone. At this last visit, we waited an hour before being seen. When I went out of the room to see how much longer, the nurse and front office staff started commenting on how they thought they were "doing pretty good" and needed more staff.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

Make sure to take Allergies test. We saw Dr. Stanford twice and he has gaven 3 weeks allergie medicine that did not help my boy. We requested blood test that come back negative. We switched doctor since we do not like his guessing and being wrong.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013

The staff is wonderful and polite. No automated infobots to navigate through before you talk to a live person. I have always been able to get my children in to be seen even though it was a busy day. He figured out my newborn's issues the first visit after I had been given the run around for weeks from my previous pediatrician (not good when you have a newborn in pain). Dr. Stanford knew right off what the problem was. I recommend him any time I get the chance. He is very knowledgeable and experienced. The parents I know that take their children to him really think highly of him and trust him immensely. Most importantly, he knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2011

Dr. Stanford YOU ROCK!!! He has been seeing my son since he was 18months old and has done a wonderful job I just wish I could of found him sooner. THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOU DO FOR MY SON!!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2008

HE TOOK CARE OF OUR DAUGHTER AFTER BIRTH AND WHEN SHE STARTED THROWING UP BLOOD AT 3 WKS HE TOOK EXCELLENT CARE OF HER AND FOUND A GREAT SPECIALIST WHO TOOK CARE OF HER PROBLEM. I WOULD VERY MUCH RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2008

Dr. Richard E. Stanford's Credentials

• Spartan Hlth Sci Univ, Vieux Fort, St Lucia (Grad. 1985)