Ratings for Dr. John Corey

DO NOT go to this doctor. One star is too much. Mom went to him with a pain on her abdomen- he told her it was muscular- "just don't poke it". She was properly diagnosed later with pancreatic cancer and has now passed away. We believe that her cancer could have been operable at the time she visited Corey.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

I have had many doctors in my life. Some very good some not that great. As a nurse and as a woman I can say Dr. Corey it the best ever. He is an amazing diagnostician who has always gone an extra mile for his patients. I went to see him once with severe stomach ache. He examined me and told me what he suspected. He told me to go to Emergency. When I arrived in the hospital, the triage nurse told me they were expecting me because Dr. Corey had called with possible diagnosis which tests confirmed. During my stay he visited me every morning about 6:00 am and every evening after his clinic closed. He is the most hard working and dedicated physician but doesn't have time for hysterics or eternal diatribe. He is too knowledgeable and cares enough to spot who really NEED CARE. I trust with my life.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

A few years ago I wrote a positive recommendation for Dr. Corey in response to some of the negative comments even though there were long wait times at his office -- often two hours or more -- and rude receptionists. I focused on his abilities, not his personality/office staff, and my husband and I continued to see him. I'm sorry to say that my opinion has changed. After receiving no information -- not even an acknowledgement -- to questions that concerned my health for several years, I grew frustrated. I went to a walk-in clinic and got a proper diagnosis from a doctor who was shocked at my lack of treatment. The final straw was my husband's serious illness, which was labelled "not urgent", even though he underwent emergency radiation treatment less than a week later. We have never heard a word from Dr. Corey since and we were loyal and respectful patients for more than 13 years. Dr. Corey owns five clinics and is spread too thin to care about all of his patients as we learned first hand. If he cares about you, you are one of the lucky ones. I don't expect a doctor to be my friend, but I do expect much more than we received.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2017

Dr. Corey is very professional and thorough. I have known him for 20 years and purposefully selected him to be my GP. He has more than lived up to my expectations.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Was always amazingly helpfull and always willing to listen and shows real care

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

After leaving his office today after an hour and half of wait time, I'm resigned to find another doctor, he is a good doctor if you can actually find him... Deeply disappointed. I waited so long with my baby to get his immunization and had to leave with no results...

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Dr. Corey is thoughtful and caring. And there isn't a visit when he hasn't made us laugh! He is brilliant! Wait times are crazy at times but he is worth waiting for.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2015

always succinct, but will go in to detail if you just ASK; yes he is busy, but whenever we have seen him it's always been worth the wait because we've been afforded the time he's taken with the other patients. There are days when I know he is rushing between clinics but have you noticed how long it takes to cross even a few kms in West Van these days? forever .... give him some slack, he is a brilliant diagnostician and has saved me taking antibiotics unnecessarily when another dr elsewhere (not another of JC's clinics) prescribed antibiotics that were clearly on the allergy list and JC asserted they were not even necessary anyway ... he's on the ball. Distracted and busy, but on the ball. Great with my kids, very quiet, man of few words but with whatever was going on for them, he nailed it every time.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

My mom went to Dr. Corey and he has become my go to doctor when I've needed one. I must say I am very surprised about the comments about this Doctor. My mom was diagnosed with terminal illness and if it wasn't for Dr. Corey and the care he provided (making house calls and providing medication to make her comfortable) when she so sick she couldn't leave the house. Dr. Corey understood my mom as a patient and made every effort to make her life comfortable even though there was nothing we could do. If you want a competent, knowledgeable and respectful Dr. then Dr. Corey is your doctor. If your looking for something else then he is not the right Doctor for you.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

Dr. Corey has been our family doctor for 7 years now. He might not always be the most punctual and charming, but he is unsurpassed as a diagnostic GP in Vancouver. He has successfully diagnosed and treated several rare medical conditions in my family. What else do you really want from a doctor? I would rather have someone brilliant looking out for me, then a charming hand to hold.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015