Ratings for Dr. Kenneth R. Zack

The kindness and wisdom of Dr Zack is what one looks for in a doctor and it is rare to find. He helped me through a very terrible time- coming to terms with years of sexual abuse by another psychiatrist. He was careful,gentle,highly intelligent and good humored. A wonderful person and a gifted doctor. I have every reason to recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

I was ill for many months with what turned out to be a misdiagnosis. The cause of my illness was eventually discovered and I had successful surgery. But prior to that I was very rocky emotionally and since these symtoms did not fit with the original diagnosis, I thought I was cracking up psychologically. It was then I was referred to Dr. Zack. He bascially saved me. He knew something more was going on, he talked to me at all times of night and day even during panic attacks, and kept me together with equal parts very skillful psychotherapy and deep compassion. Honestly I owe this man an enormous debt of gratitude.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2012

Dr. Zack spoke to relatives about my psychotherapy without my permission in a situation that was not an emergency. I confronted him about this and whether it was an illegal breach of patient confidentiality as I had served as an intern in a hostpital. His response in tone and substance after years of therapy was to "threaten me with a diagnosis" clearly suggesting this to prevent me from speaking out. He had seemed so professional, intelligent and helpful for years and it was a horrifyingly shocking end to my efforts with him to deal with my depression. Despite all outward appearances I implore you not to choose this therapist who has violated my trust in the entire profession.

Submitted June 11, 2009

Dr. Kenneth R. Zack's Credentials

• Tufts Univ Sch Of Med, Boston Ma 02111 (Grad. 1964)

• Blue Cross Of California