Sarah Jenkins

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Sarah Jenkins

Dr. Sarah Jenkins has been treating my rare autoimmune disease for 4 years. She kindly organized her busy day to accommodate my condition by making inhome visits. She researched my condition and provided treatment and teaching in a skilled, kind and respectful manner. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

I had a pinched nerve that took out my sciatica down my left leg. The pain was horrible. After treatment # 2, I walked out without any pain. I had been on T-3's and muscle relaxants for a week, and tried to survive the pain. The cupping treatment along with acupuncture was amazing.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

I went to see Sarah for a shoulder injury I had been suffering with for years. I have been in a few car accidents over the years and was really feeling the toll of it in my right shoulder was was making it hard for me to enjoy life. After about 5 treatments my shoulder feels better than in has in over 20 years! I have also been taking some herbal medicine Sarah has made for me for some digestive trouble I’ve had since living in Asia 20+ years ago, and even though they don’t taste too good; I feel great so I don’t even care about the taste! Thankful for Sarah’s help with my heath, I feel like I’m able to actually enjoy my golden years with her help.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2018

Sarah is very knowledgeable and personable. She is attuned to how her client is feeling and is excellent at making you feel comfortable. She is invested in figuring out the best way to help you. I would recommend her services to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

I’ve been seeing Sarah for a few health concerns. She is very knowledgeable and her calm nature always makes for a relaxing treatment session. I have see results and it really amazes me. I have already recommended her to family and friends.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2018

I began seeing Sarah Jenkins for treatment of my health issues in October 2017. I had been suffering from debilitating migraines weekly and IBS which I have suffered with for YEARS. She made an herbal tea for me to drink and I came for acupuncture weekly. After a few weeks I started to notice that I was getting less migraines, down from 2-3 per week to maybe every couple of weeks, but even then they were not as bad. Although the tea wasn't very tasty (lol) I did notice that I had less abdominal pain and I am becoming more 'regular'. This has been a life changer for me - the pain and discomfort I had been suffering with was affecting nearly every area of my life - my job, my relationships and my own capacity to relax and enjoy my life. I feel like I am well on my way to a better life and for that I feel very thankful, and it makes this tea much easier to drink every day! ;)

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

I’ve seen Sarah on various occasions for treatments. She’s friendly, gentle and considerate of your comfort throughout the appointment.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

I was suffering from an open wound that did not want to heal on its own and had been causing me chronic pain for several months. I tried many conventional treatments with no success. Sarah prescribed me herbal medication that I took orally for 8 days which to my great relief closed the wound completely. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

I saw Dr. Jenkins for a chronic shoulder injury. I had tried physio, chiropractics and several consultations with a shoulder specialist with no success. Dr. Jenkins performed 8 treatments of trigger point injection therapy over a period of 2 months on my shoulder. The treatments were a complete success, I longer have any pain or need for on going treatment. I would highly recommend her to anymore struggling with chronic pain.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

Sarah Jenkins was the first person to give me an acupuncture treatment. I was a bit nervous of the idea until I arrived and Sarah's professionalism and calm nature put me at ease. She would always check in to make sure I was comfortable, and was very gentle with the application of acupuncture. I really enjoyed the cupping treatment that came after the acupuncture. I was in some pain before the treatment, which was right before an upcoming vacation, and I was able to have a pain free vacation thanks to Sarah!! I regularly recommend people go for treatment from Sarah.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2018

Sarah Jenkins's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

I am a registered acupuncturist and Practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine. I graduated from a 4 year Acupuncture & Chinese medicine program in Victoria, BC in 2005. I have a special interest in treating hormone imbalances, digestive problems, autoimmune disease, neurological disorders and pain - these bodily systems are often interconnected and respond well to treatment with acupuncture and Chinese medicine. In 2012, I was seeking deeper theoretical knowledge in Chinese Medicine to sharpen my clinical skill set, and I came across The Institute of Classics of East Asian Medicine in Portland, Oregon (www.iceam.org), Since graduating as a diplomate from that program in 2015, I continue to make regular trips to Portland to study with my mentor, pursuing fellowship status with ICEAM. This program has given me the ability to sharpen my diagnostic skill set and take my understanding of Chinese Medicine (in particular herbs) to a level that is capable of treating serious and complex health issues. I have also completed a year long postgraduate program with the Xing Lin Institute that explores the historical roots of acupuncture along with modern applications with Dr. Ed Neal (www.xinglininstitute.com) When not practising and studying Acupuncture and Chinese medicine, I can usually be found spending time with my family, usually outdoors. I love living in the Okanagan and try to get outside as much as possible to ski, run, hike and swim.

• English