Ratings for Dr. Robert Baker

This doctor is awful. He made me feel as if I was in a prison cell. Until I admitted what he thought I was. He actually doctored reports, redacting information that was pertinent to my case. He should never practice nor should he ever be hired by the provincial government.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

Dr baker MAY be a good or even great Dr however he is only there for the money. As for the addiction profession he is said to be so highly re guarded for, its just another money grab from the province and from people who can afford the $12000+. Then there is the 2 yr monitoring program after wards at a cost of$ 12000 that he refers unsuspecting clients to. If your employer follows these recommendations you are obligated to attend and your employer may try and make you pay for all or part of it. He may own shares or part of Arbutus work solutions as well? (researching this) If he does, its a MAJOR conflict of interest! He has so called health and wellness people from different corporations in his back pocket and I am sure they must get kickbacks as everyone of the patients he sees Is first directed to sage and then of course to Arbutus. BEWARE Interior health workers and any worker who has a private health and wellness contactor working for your corporation , ESPECIALLY a contractor who holds several contracts with local government institutions. I.E.school districts, citys of......... and so forth. These ones are the dirtiest.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Compassionate care provided for neuropathic pain syndrome. Listens and tries his best to help. Available when needed.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Pain meds exist for a reason, either on a temporary basis or for life. I broke 17 bones in an accident and was denied medication for pain as I 'may' have become an addict. Eventually I saw a pain specialist who helped me back on my feet. I couldn't move much less go home and stretch. Pain Specialists know pain, and this office had a pharmacist. According to the pain specialist pain meds are not addictive but one can develop a dependency. It all depends on the patient. Some may become seemingly addicted but are dependant instead. I no longer believe in addiction but believe in personality disorders instead. Some use pain killers to fill voids, not for kicks and giggles. In addition when in level 10/8 pain, painkillers just numb the pain, you don't get the warm fuzzies. This one will rot in hell for keeping so many patients in pain, effectively ensuring that their quality of life remains at the new norm of zero. God created opiates for a reason and they have been in use since before they built the pyramids.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

An absolute horror of a human being. Not sure how this man or his staff sleep at night when they go round destroying people's lives. If you suffer from addiction and work for Interior Health he is the so called addictions specialist you are sent to. And clean or not he's sending you away for treatment and post treatment is nothing short of an harassment nightmare. Also the very long assessment he does with you differs from the report he sends to Interior Health therefore making the client appear sick when indeed they are in fact not. This man should be investigated and have his license pulled.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2015

Well many people seem to admire him, I believe he is at the root of conflicting interests. He is part owner in the sage rehabilitation center. He also has the ability to make any person he deems unfit to have to go to a clinic or lose their job. The fact that the nearest clinic just happens to be his at a rate of 7500$ per month, and he makes huge $ from his daily visits to his center gives me pause. He is nota good man, he is profiting from the very thing he is supposed to be fighting.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

He is a very knowledgable doctor you can trust. He has to say no some times to stop me from doing wrong. I could have hated him for that .Do you think?

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

Rob was/is the most helpful doctor I have ever had!! His staff was/is even better! I have been sober for almost 4 yrs on account of Rob, Marilyn, and Julie. Rob, although rushed always had time to talk with me and help me on my journey. I'll never forget the day I went in beat to hell (by my own will) and Marilyn looked at me, spoke to me and seen that I was at the turning point, and as busy as the they in that office, she got me in to Rob. I don't know what would have become of me if I was turned away that day? I also had Rob as my primary GP for a work related injury. He was able to get me into specialists promptly. He got me off all me narcotic medication, and switched me to safer meds for an addict of my "caliber", which he also helped "ween" me off them as well. I will never forget the help, compassion, and understanding I received from Rob and his team. I am FOREVER grateful!!!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013

An excellent doctor in every respect! I have been sober for nineteen years, thanks in large part to the guidance and care I received from Dr. Baker. I'm not sure if Marilyn is still the receptionist, she always made me feel welcome and had a wonderful way of accommodating a large and , at times challenging clientele.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

I have seen Rob since he took over the practice many years ago. I have had a number of different health issues that required referrals to specialist - this has always been handled quickly & professionally by his team. He takes the time to listen to me and discuss my health, especially when it is something that needs a more detailed explanation. I do know that it is common practice for a responsible doctor to refuse to prescribe medications that he deems unecessary (just because the patient says they "need" heavy-duty pain meds, doesn't mean the doctor is obligated to provide them). Also, if a doctor suggests a course of treatment & a patient consistently refuses to adhear to it, often they will stop seeing that person. Just something to think...

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013