Ratings for Dr. Kenneth Warren

Diagnosed Me with MS. Went to him for ten years. Told him I didnt think I had MS. Banged his fist on the table and said I needed to get it through my head that I have MS and Not Lupus,which I have had and still have for the past 30 years.. After he retired, the other Drs did a thorough investigation and told me they didnt think I had MS. They said I didnt need to cone back to the clinic. Dr Warren pumped me full of steroids which I didnt need , which have caused numerous other health issues. Lost my life insurance and because I have this on my file am only able to get limited health insurance.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

I am sorry to read all the negative comments about Dr. Warren. He diagnosed me in with MS in 1991. Granted he seemed cold, and passed me off to his nurse to inform me of details of the disease, and the That was helpful; I I also left to see another neurologist but went back. Once you get to know him you realize that he is a scientist first. And he does warm up with his dry wit. I moved to another province and that is when I realized you do not how good you have it until it is gone. I wish him well in his retirement.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2016

Diagnosed in 1993 at the age of 21 and decided to see the "MS expert" at the UofA. The worst thing I could have ever done!! Diagnosed in the prime of my life, this abusive man took delight in bashing any hopes of a decent life. Told me I was in the worst position I could ever be. Not married, did not finish school, living on my own. Pretty much told me good luck but you're screwed. Went to see him a few more times after that not knowing how to stand up for myself at the time. Was rude to me and treated me like a laboratory rat. Even at a young age, being traumatized by him, I pretty much told him I wouldn't be going back. I felt bad for his nurse that worked in his office. I could tell she felt bad. I'm still affected 23 yrs later by what this jerk said to me. Do yourself a favor and go see any other neurologist to treat your MS. He is not a compassionate person. I will never forget what he did to my spirit. I have RRMS , I'm married and have 2 children. Don't let this poor excuse of a person waste your time.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

I first saw Dr Warren in 1991 until the day he retired. He was an amazing caring Dr that truly listened to me as a patient. I am now living in Saskatchewan and it truly sucks as we do not have any MS specialized Neurologist. I miss Dr. Warren so much but hope he is doing well and enjoying his hard earned retirement.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

Iwas Dr. Ken Waren's patient from January, 1999 to the date he retired. I known alot of his patients didn't like him, but Dr. Warren was never condescending or rude. Once you got to know him and relax and trust him even joke with him He is truly a very caring doctor and he kept up to date about how you were feeling. He kept in touch with your family doctor. He really took care of his patients and cared.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

I was a young mom with RRMS. I had completely lost my vision in both eyes at the same time. Dr. Warren was great about admiitting me in hospital. I had undergone some brain surgeries for other reasons and was having MS exacerbations one after another with one attack threatening my life and he wouldn't offer any TX or CRAB medications. I am now SPMS which may have been prevented had he tried some medications on me.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2012

I was diagnosed with RRMS 11/6/2001, @ 21 years old, by Dr. Warren. I love Dr. Ken G. Warren! If he could give me a new nervous system I'd love him more. I will miss him when he retires! I am hopeful and excited about a new doctor; he needs to find life outside of medicine, while he can! Anything negative I see on this comment board angers me! This man is brilliant - He did not hand out the neuro diseases to his patients!! He cannot provide magical beans to fix everything that ails you! Currently I have Secondary Progressive MS. Everybody has hard stuff to deal with. Dr. Warren and support staff help immensely! Take initiative of keeping track of your own health, an active participant/caregiver.....then use Dr. Warren's brilliance and resources to supplement positive care and outcomes!! -MS

flag | Submitted April 5, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Warren for the last 10 years and when trying to reschedule an appointment for the first time, his staff was completely rude and basically told me that I should get a new referral and a new Neurologist.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2011

Dr. Warren is a complete idiot. I ended up in the University Hospital after suffering a seizure. Dr. Warren was my attending Neurologist. When I regained consciousness, Dr. Warren literally screamed at me for five minutes about my weight. His opening salvo, at the top of his lungs, was "Do you want do die?" Another of his choice comments was, "I want you to lose weight every day of your life." I will never ever forget Dr. Warren and the true idiot he is.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2011

At my last a ppt with Dr. warren he told me I would look 10 years younger if I dyed my hair! I was actually stunned. I wish I had told him that he would look 10 years younger if he wore a toupee. After a 20 year long Dr/patient relationship, I've had it; I won't be going back.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2011