Ratings for Dr. Ian Darcel

My Father had a 99/86/65% blockage in his arteries. Darcel told him he had a slight blockage in one arterie after a multitude of test. Dad was adamant that something was wrong so he went to Hamilton General and demanded an angiogram which showed the blockages. Darcel was very lackadaisical and aloof about dads concerns until the report for general was sent to him. Zero rating from us. Fortunately dad got his bypass surgery and is doing well.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

A thoughtful and careful physician. My son had heart issues following an infection and I felt very confident that Dr Darcel was being thorough in his assessment and monitoring of the situation. He was patient, took the time to answer all our questions, and respectfully listened to and considered my son's opinions and concerns. You are in good hands with Dr. Darcel.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

My symptoms were vague, mysterious. But Dr. Darcel persisted and ran increasingly complex tests ending with an angiogram, and then open heart surgery. He saved my life!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

Dr Darcel has been my cardiologist for twenty plus years and his office staff is helpful and friendly. He is a gentle caring doctor who I would recommend to all in need of a cardiologist.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

I had intense chemo and 20 radiation treatments 16 years ago....as well my colesteral is borderline. My visits for the most part are preemptive so nothing major going on. All I ever hope for in a doctor is to be well informed and to not be made to feel annoying, bothersome or stupid for asking questions. Dr. Darcel is very well informed, easily relates that knowlege to me and listens/reponds well to my questions. I feel fortunate that my family doctor referred me to him. The staff is also very good.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013

poor manners doesn't take the time to listen to his patients and gives you a very negative picture on your out come the man kinda scared me with my heart condition withch my family has a history of hcm but all healthy including my self

flag | Submitted June 21, 2013

Dr. Darcel has been my cardiologist for 20 years since I moved to Burlington. I have a spectacular history of heart surgery following a catastrophic injury in 1977, and Dr. Darcel has continued the high standard of care. When my condition became serious (again) in 1995, he got me a quick referral to megastar surgeon Dr. Tyrone David for my third aortic surgery. When I recently experienced cardiac arrhythmia, he referred me to a specialist in Hamilton for ablation surgery to correct this. A very good Doctor, and unlike others here, I feel that he communicates well (perhaps because I am very knowledgeable about my situation.)

flag | Submitted May 30, 2012

We are very blessed that Dr. Darcel is our 88 yr. old father's Dr. He's kept this man alive since the 90's! We are astounded at the negative comments given here as we have always been well informed, has always displayed the patience of a saint and genuinely cares about his patients. He's one of the best if not THE best!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2011

Very happy I was referred to Dr Darcel. I feel he actually takes the time to sit down and explain things to me as well as answer all my questions.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2011

I've been seeing Dr Darcel for 5 years now, and I'd recommend him to anyone who is need of a cardiologist.He cares about his patience.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2011