Ratings for Dr. Krista Engel

I have been going to Fort Rouge Dental for a number of years. I have no coverage and always have to budget to get my teeth cleaned or work done. A few weeks ago I broke one of my teeth in half and unfortunately to my disappointment it had to be pulled. I was so upset to loose my tooth. I could never afford to get an implant. I sat there crying in Doctors Engels chair. She told me she would figure it out. Sure enough a few days later she called me a told me they were going to fix my tooth for me. When I went to get my tooth pulled by Doctor Thode, Doctor Engel came and held my hand. She knew how important this was to me. Her kindness and generosity has overwhelmed me. I highly recommend Doctor Engel and all the staff at Fort Rouge Dental. They have been so kind and understanding!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2018

Excellent Dentist and staff are wonderful .They have the lastest technologies like the one appointment cap I got .And they don’t charge up front or over the fee guide !!!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

Dr. Engel is current in her knowledge of what is happening in dentistry and has been most accommodating in emergency situations. I like that she explains what she is doing and why. Also that she does not suggest work that is not necessary. Glad I found her!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

She's an absolute Butcher. Should have her license taken away. Very shoddy work, Makes mistakes and charges you for them and to fix them. Very smug and entitled attitude. I strongly recommend AVOID ING her at all costs.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

Worst dentist I have ever gone to. I feel like she's destroyed my teeth. She did two fillings, then had to re-do them a year later? In the process she butchered my teeth. Not only that, but she prefers to chat with her assistant more than actually doing her job. So she leaves you jaw wide open, drooling everywhere, in pain, and just talks non-stop with the assistant. So unprofessional.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Very unimpressed with her work.I had a consultation with an Endontist after a root canal that she preformed. One canal wasn't done, one was filled almost to my sinus cavity, and one was filled too short. I was able to get reimbursement, but Fort Rouge Dental in general has lost so much credibility in my opinion, and seems to be lacking the genuine best interest of the patient in mind since Dr. Tregobov left. I respect the no questions asked of the reimbursement, and the manner it in which it was dealt. She was easy to speak with after the fact, and did make attempts to try and fix it after the fact. But if you feel the work is going to be a complicated effort a referral to a specialist doesn't hurt. I do not recommend her for complicated procedures. If you do have a problem though she is pretty easy to approach to resolve the issue at hand.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Englel by a friend, and was not disappointed. She is knowledgable, thorough, and did an awesome job on a crown. I like that she involves me in the 'plan' and doesn't talk down to patients. I would definitely recommend her.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011

The worst Dentist I've ever seen. I've had nothing but problems with that place and you couldn't pay me to go back. Dr. Engel is a Hack. Very self-centered and actually talks none stop about herself to her assistant while working on you, often looking away from your mouth while working on it. The staff was very unorganized and lost or misplaced important information on my chart. The "work" she has done is costing me a lot of money to have repaired with another dentist. Buyer Beware!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2011

I've seen her twice now with a couple of checkups. Fort Rouge is somewhat a factory line, but I enjoy seeing how well they are organized. She was great, and fixed a couple of my fillings at no charge. I enjoyed how she wanted to get as much as possible done in one sitting, since I don't often have time to go to the dentist. During my cleaning at FRD, she was extremely behind but she still made time to do my checkup. She's quick, and she doesn't screw around.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2010

I went to see Krista Engel at Fort Rouge Dental in Winnipeg. I had to have two teeth pulled because of terrible caries, and she was willing to do this for me during my first appointment when I told her it was what I badly wanted. I behaved somewhat rudely towards her at times, as I was unhappy and apprehensive, and she didn't hold it against me. I assume she has some negative reviews on here for the same reason I really liked her: she doesn't waste time. She seems to believe that getting the uncomfortable stuff over with fast is more benevolent than telling your patients "be comfortable" over and over again. I would strongly recommend her to anybody that subscribes to said metaphorical publication.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2010