Ratings for Dr. Krista Engel

Dr. Engel is current in her knowledge of what is happening in dentistry and has been most accommodating in emergency situations. I like that she explains what she is doing and why. Also that she does not suggest work that is not necessary. Glad I found her!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

She's an absolute Butcher. Should have her license taken away. Very shoddy work, Makes mistakes and charges you for them and to fix them. Very smug and entitled attitude. I strongly recommend AVOID ING her at all costs.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

Worst dentist I have ever gone to. I feel like she's destroyed my teeth. She did two fillings, then had to re-do them a year later? In the process she butchered my teeth. Not only that, but she prefers to chat with her assistant more than actually doing her job. So she leaves you jaw wide open, drooling everywhere, in pain, and just talks non-stop with the assistant. So unprofessional.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Very unimpressed with her work.I had a consultation with an Endontist after a root canal that she preformed. One canal wasn't done, one was filled almost to my sinus cavity, and one was filled too short. I was able to get reimbursement, but Fort Rouge Dental in general has lost so much credibility in my opinion, and seems to be lacking the genuine best interest of the patient in mind since Dr. Tregobov left. I respect the no questions asked of the reimbursement, and the manner it in which it was dealt. She was easy to speak with after the fact, and did make attempts to try and fix it after the fact. But if you feel the work is going to be a complicated effort a referral to a specialist doesn't hurt. I do not recommend her for complicated procedures. If you do have a problem though she is pretty easy to approach to resolve the issue at hand.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Englel by a friend, and was not disappointed. She is knowledgable, thorough, and did an awesome job on a crown. I like that she involves me in the 'plan' and doesn't talk down to patients. I would definitely recommend her.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011

The worst Dentist I've ever seen. I've had nothing but problems with that place and you couldn't pay me to go back. Dr. Engel is a Hack. Very self-centered and actually talks none stop about herself to her assistant while working on you, often looking away from your mouth while working on it. The staff was very unorganized and lost or misplaced important information on my chart. The "work" she has done is costing me a lot of money to have repaired with another dentist. Buyer Beware!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2011

I've seen her twice now with a couple of checkups. Fort Rouge is somewhat a factory line, but I enjoy seeing how well they are organized. She was great, and fixed a couple of my fillings at no charge. I enjoyed how she wanted to get as much as possible done in one sitting, since I don't often have time to go to the dentist. During my cleaning at FRD, she was extremely behind but she still made time to do my checkup. She's quick, and she doesn't screw around.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2010

I went to see Krista Engel at Fort Rouge Dental in Winnipeg. I had to have two teeth pulled because of terrible caries, and she was willing to do this for me during my first appointment when I told her it was what I badly wanted. I behaved somewhat rudely towards her at times, as I was unhappy and apprehensive, and she didn't hold it against me. I assume she has some negative reviews on here for the same reason I really liked her: she doesn't waste time. She seems to believe that getting the uncomfortable stuff over with fast is more benevolent than telling your patients "be comfortable" over and over again. I would strongly recommend her to anybody that subscribes to said metaphorical publication.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2010

Dr. Engel is the WORST dentist I have ever been to. I have never had problems with my teeth until I started seeing her. I'm so glad she is not working in our community anymore, because she has ruined a lot of people's lives with her dental work.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2010

I recently came back from my 4th filling that was a "re-do" that Dr. Engel initially had done. All of them were flat and cracked. Getting these 4 done a second time was a breeze compared to the initial fillings that Dr. Engel did which were in fact all "re-do's" when she did them as well. I thought she knew what she was talking about when she said i had a bunch of cavities so I went ahead with it. Later, when i got home i noticed all my old silver fillings were gone and replaced with white ones. There were no new cavities but i guess she felt it was necessary to go ahead with replacing them. So as of now i've had 12 fillings in 4 cavaties. Luckily the new staff are more than willing to fix her mistakes for free! There was no explaining as to what she was doing and it seemed as though she was working on a dead person. Very unprofessional and Arrogant. I hope nobody was to go through what i did. I have had alot of fillings in the past and my experience with her was the worst by far.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2010