Ratings for Dr. Carol Hutchison

Dr. H is the finest most caring and extremely talented in the Field of Orthopedic Surgery than any others in that field. She's replaced both of my hips and my right knee. She has given me back my quality of life with absolutely" No Post-Op Pain"! There's none other that can compare !!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

I received a total knee replacement from a different Calgary surgeon. The outcomes - both pain an functionality- were worse than prior to surgery. After a comprehensive assessment Dr. H agreed to manage my revision. My experience with Dr. H - from pre op, surgery, pain management and follow up- has been exceptional. Her medical/surgical/technical skills are remarkable and her interpersonal skills and quality of care standards are extra ordinary. Dr. H provided me with positive, collaborative and personalized care. I am early in my recovery but my pain has been reduced and functionality is already improved. I feel extremely lucky to have Dr. Hutchison as my surgeon and only wish that she had been my initial surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2013

I do not think I have ever had a better physician in my life. She is knowledgeable, caring, and incredibly dedicated. She, in fact, saved my life when she detected I had compartment syndrome in both legs and no one else had detected it. Without her, I wouldn't be around today. She's the best!!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2013

Being in the medical field, I was amazed at the care, compassion and skill Dr. H. gives to all her patients.The pre surgery preparation is so valuable as well as all the extra care and attention to every aspect of post surgery care.I love her sense of humour and humanness with hr patients. Dr.H, you are a miracle worker and make the patient want to work hard at rehab!!!Dr. H runs a tight ship in her practice, her nurse,Connie, is as efficient at her work as is Hr. H at hers.If you are fortunate to be seen by Dr. H, do exactly as she says and ALL WILL BE WELL.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2012

great doctor,and Connie (her staff) is helpful and friendly. Had knee replacement 2005 and was given excellant care then and at every visit there after

flag | Submitted April 26, 2012

Extraordinary physician. She treated me and did a complete hip replacement while she was in California. Exceptional professionally and personally.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2012

Dr. Carol is a knowledgable, talented angel in disguise. I have had hip issues from birth & have had six surgeries (incl. four replacements) so far. I have dealt with numerous osteo-surgeons and she is heads and shoulders above the rest in caring, commitment, knowledge & talent (she has performed one operation on me so far). When needed, I am seen immediately, and I never have to wait on appt. day. She spends all the time needed during an appt, and takes care in her explanations. Looks like I'm heading for hip surgery #5 and possibly knee too, and I wouldn't trust anyone other than Dr. Hutchison. She only recommends surgery if there is no other option. The only concern I have is that she'll burn out - you need to clone yourself, Dr. Carol! So if you can get in to see this doctor, consider yourself very blessed!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2011

Dr Hutchison is the best doctor that I have ever been to.I put 100% trust in her ability and care.She is the most thorough,caring and compassionate doctor ever.Her explanations are easy to understand and she truly cares about her patients. She does not rush through any appointment or visit in or out of the hospital. I truly believe she cares about being a doctor and helping people.Connie in her office is just as caring,helpful and diligent as herself.Having my hip replaced at such a young age was exremely scary for myself but with Dr Hutchison at my side I would do again in a heartbeat.I wish more doctors were like herself. Thanks Dr Hutchison

flag | Submitted October 21, 2010

Everything the last writer said is absolutley the truth! Dr Hutchison is above and beyond any expectations we had in a doctor! Her patience and her caring make you feel like you are the most important patient she has and her skills back it up. I hope her attitude can be passed on to the young doctors she is teaching. We need more doctors like this. I can't say enough good things about Dr Hutchison - truly a remarkable doctor and a wonderful human being! The ratings don't go high enough for Doctors like her.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2010

Dr Carol Hutchison is not only my Orth surgeon but has become my friend and angel. She has performed 4 surguries on my hips and knees. She is wonderful and caring, I have never had the care of other docs like she gives you , In fact I would say she is above excellent. Her Medical skills top all other docs at any other Hospital in Alberta.She is a wonderful woman doctor and professor, new students to the medical school are privleged to have her as their teacher, She uses new methods and is intelligent about what works and what does not. The follow up is incredible from the see ya in 9 weeks to looking after you all the time you are her patient it is incredible how she works so hard for her patients, I hope that all of you who are blessed to have crossed Dr Hutchisons Path, realize that her care is above all others you will ever experience in Alberta. Foothills Hospital is so fortunate to have Dr Hutchison on their staff. So for everyone out there with problems. You need Dr Hutchison.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2008