Ratings for Dr. James W. Burhop

Do not let this man perform surgery on you. Released patient from ElmBrook Hospital without follow up instructions or number to call. No information offered from findings and made the situation worse! If I good have given he a minus 10 for helpfulness and service that would have been more appropriate!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

I love Dr. Burhop. I have used him for a number of surgeries including gastric bypass, gallbladder, colon, and fistula. I have also seen him in Elmbrook hospital for a stomach jnfection which was very painful. He has been respectful, and diligent every time. He has a good bedside manner and I plan to use him again for surgery in October. I have not been blessed with good health, but I have been blessed with a wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

Dr. Burhop wouldn't listen to my symptoms but was quick to offer a diagnosis. He missed the very large abscess causing me intense pain and offered a surgery that would not have corrected the problem. He offered 2 different medications, but never mentioned diet as a factor for a GI disorder. When I asked about getting a different pain medication he scolded me and said he wouldn't give me anything stronger than percocet. I was looking for tylenol 3 as they actually helped with pain. He implied that I had a drug habit, I'm sure based on the fact that I was so thin...due to the disease that he failed to diagnose. A disease he specializes in, but has obvious limited knowledge of.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2012

Dr. Burhop is by far the best surgeon I have ever had as a doctor. He removed my gallbladder, and my post-op pain was minimal. My follow-up appointment was thorough, and he was never impatient or late. He went above and beyond, and I am so blessed to have him as my surgeon. He is awesome!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2010

He is a skilled surgeon and was very kind to me and my family.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2010

I have not been a patient of Dr. Burhop, but I have worked with him and let me tell you: HE IS A COMPLETE JERK!!!!!!!!!! I used to work at Elmbrook Memorial hospital and he yelled at me all because he couldn't find the vitals in some patient's chart. The man has no respect for nurses or nursing assistants.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2009

Dr. Burhop was great and I had no complications post surgery.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2008

Dr. James W. Burhop's Credentials

• University Of Wisconsin Medical School (Grad. 1986)

Top Hospitals in Brookfield, WI