Ratings for Dr. Charles Goldberg

I write this review of Charles Goldberg in the hopes of providing fair warning to parents and guardians of young people who may be referred or sent to him. I had the unfortunate luck to be placed under his care before online reviews existed. In my case, Goldberg missed what should have been an easy diagnosis of a textbook case of PTSD (nightmares, heightened reactions, difficulty concentrating). These issues resulted from severe and ongoing child abuse (beatings) occurring at home while a patient of Goldberg’s- which he neither inquired about nor acknowledged, despite a broad range of physical and emotional evidence of this abuse. Instead of providing care, he issued threats and encouraged my parents to punish me for symptoms of depression (!). He used our family’s desperation to force his opinions and rigid methods, including prescribing unnecessary medication. This “therapy” resulted in making my state of emotional well-being-- and my family’s situation-- progressively worse until we stopped treatment. If your family doesn't have an unlimited healthcare budget, you may be disappointed to endure months of costly sessions with nothing to show at the end of it all and no accurate or trustworthy diagnosis. We know we are not the only ones to be victimized in these ways, as Goldberg held group “therapy” sessions where we met other youth who described receiving identical treatment from him. Not a competent or compassionate doctor. Avoid if possible.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2019

Whether it is because of his sleep apnea problems, his hearing impairment or some other reason, Dr. Goldberg does not listen and understand. He is a charming man, and if you're looking for someone to act as your friend, then go to him. If you're seeking psychiatric help because you want to resolve a problem, go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

Dr. Charles Goldberg's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1968)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Kensington, MD