Ratings for Dr. Marcia J. Adelman

Dr. Adelman has been my psychiatrist for about thirteen years now. She has always been available when I've needed her. She listens to me when we discuss any changes in my treatment and I feel like she really cares about the way I feel. She has never had a staff at her office, but uses a great online appointment/reminder software. She is also always reachable by phone. She may have kept me waiting maybe twice in all the years I've seen her, but she is always with a patient and will not cut my appointment short if we run over. She seems very knowledgable about any questions I've had, and there have been many, and quite detailed. She has used her computer to answer questions while I am there and finds the answers immediately. She also uses her computer to send prescriptions in to my pharmacy, if needed. Obviously since I have been a patient of hers for this long, I think she is a great doctor. One of the few I look forward to seeing.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2009

I used Dr. Adelman years ago but want to recommend her. She's very down-to-earth. Unlike another psychiatrist I tried, she wasn't interested in psychoanalyzing me, which was fine as I was going to a therapist. We had brief and pleasant conversations during which I always felt she was respectful of me and able to gain the information she needed to offer me helpful treatment. Whenever I expressed a desire to make a change, I felt that she took this desire seriously and incorporated it into her treatment. At the time I went to her, she didn't have a staff. I think I left a message for her when I wanted an appointment.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2008

Dr. Marcia J. Adelman's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1989)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Kensington, MD