Ratings for Dr. Mahteme Selassie

Dr. Selasse s excellent. He's empathc and compassionate and very competent. He's the best we've ever seen for our son; we feel he saved our son. and he has responded to emergences better than we have ever seen elsewhere. Occasonally he runs late n the offce; that means he's helping someone else as he has helped us! A small prce to pay for such excellence!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

Dr. Selassie is upfront, professional and dignified. He takes as much time as needed to be of the greatest help to his patients. He personally comes out to the waiting room to greet every patient and is punctual. If I need to call his office for any reason my medical needs are handled in soaring time. Which from my experience has never been the case. He is a very knowledgable but, humble person and can gauge a person very easily and honestly. Dr. Salassie is careful when choosing his statements to not offend but, is never harsh.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

Excellent communications with patients. Very knowledgeable about medication and psychotherapy. I trust him immensely.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

often takes additional time - thus the poor rating on punctuality. Remembers your history without needing to reach for your file every 2 minutes. Pleasant, but NOT a therapist - he will refer you to someone else for therapy sessions. He manages you medically, and will coordinate with your GP to ensure no improper drug interactions.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

He is a GREAT psychiatrist, actually I doubt anyone will believe this, but he was the main person to fight for me to NOT be on psych meds when I was a teen and realized that the best solution was removal from the bad situation as soon as possible (it was a family issue and getting out of the house was easier said than done). However, can you imagine that psychiatrist was someone to NOT want to push meds and to actually listen to a patient!?! His staff just made/makes (I recently moved out and need a psychiatrist to prescribe my ADD meds) me NOT want to return! They do NOT even believe in follow up calls to make sure you can still make your appointment like every other doctor makes a couple days before so the patient has time to cancel! I mean REALLY, if they cannot give you the curtosy of a reminder (this has continued AFTER the staff change a few years ago!), then even as a loyal patient you might not want to stay, especially when you may find someone slightly closer with nicer staff!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2013

Dr. Selassie is an amazing Doctor. He is patient, kind, and very professional. You can tell he truly cares about his patients and wants to see an improvement in their lives. I have moved around a little bit so have been a patient of Dr. Selassie's on and off for over 10 years. I can say that every time I go there I am impressed all over again by my experience. Also for parents- I first became his patient when I was much younger and at the time was very shy. From day one going to him was a great experience for both me and my parents. I can not recommend him more then I do!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

Wonderful Doctor. It is great to talk to a Psychiatrist that actually listens to your concerns and does not jump to medicate you. He treats me and my 10 year old son for ADHD and generalized anxiety. My son looks forward to his appointments and actually tell the Dr. Selassie about how things are going with him and his meds. He's very personable. I have to drive 30 minutes to get to his office but it is work every minute.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2011

Dr. Mahteme Selassie's Credentials

• Univ Di Roma-La Sapienza, Fac Di Med E Chirurgia, Roma, Italy (Grad. 1989)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Bethesda, MD