Ratings for Dr. Katie Van Alphen

One of the Best. Knowledgeable, caring, and having been my Doctor for over 20 years would have to say Im lucky to have her

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

She has been my doctor for over 20 years and has never given less than her best when dealing with my personal medical issues.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

Very nice and fine doctor.Always helpful. Listens to patients

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

Dr. Van Alphen is very thorough. She will send you for tests if she feels it is necessary.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2013

Dr. Katie Van Alphen is a fantastic family practitioner. I have been a patient of Katie's for 25 years. I am in excellent health and rarely visit for anything other than my annual physical. However, recently I have had the occasion to consult Katie on a couple of different issues. I was able to get an appointment very quickly and she was able to arrange diagnostic testing very quickly as well. Katie's follow-up was immediate (same day as the test at 7:00 p.m.). I'm not sure how many family physicians make calls in the evening but I was so happy to get my results so quickly. I also visited the evening clinic when I was unable to get an appointment in the daytime and I was in and out of the office in approximately 15 minutes. The family health care team concept provided excellent service and was far superior to waiting for hours in our local emerg to see a doctor. I am so glad to have Katie as my physician.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013

Been with Katie for 23 yrs. Intelligent & compassionate.......that's all I want in a physician & she excels in these areas. Staff member Carrie is extremely competent at her job & is a really nice person. I still thank my lucky stars for becoming a pt. with her practice. I was pleased to see she includes all my "googled research" articles into my file that I bring her from time to time pertaining to my issues.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2013

A wonderful family doctor who listens and does not prescribe medication when unnecessary. Been our family doctor for over 20 years

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

Dr Katie has been my doctor from the time she first came to Owen Sound. I find her to be very professional and compassionate. I find that she is neither negligent or hesitant to refer me to specialists when it is necessary. When I have questions she is very good about answering them in terms that I can understand. Her staff is second to non that I have encountered. I had a break down about 20 years ago and ended up in the psych ward for a time. She does not have hospital privileges, but came to visit me as a "FRIEND" so that she could check up on me and make sure I was being treated well. It saddens me that I can only give her a "5" rating when she deserves a "100+" rating......

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

Caring, intelligent, responsive and patient. Dr. Katie has a good overall view of necessary medical requirements.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

Katie Van Alphen is the best family doctor that I've ever had. I've been a patient for 20 years. My children (and now their children) are also patients. Katie has a wonderful way of approaching patient care. She listens, provides advice, lays out options (whenever possible) and allows the patient to make the decision about the care they wish to receive. She is open to talking about options and has never failed to make a referral when it is appropriate. Katie personifies the vision of a "family physician" who looks at the big picture and zeros in on treating the specific problem. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013