Ratings for Dr. Katie Van Alphen

She has been our family doctor for years. I have left the practice because rather than helping me, she'd rather push pills at me and make me go away. My sister has moved to a different city, and her office has repeatedly failed to release her records so she can find a new doctor in her new city, over 2 hours away from Owen Sound. She used to be good, but in the last 5-10 years, she'd rather write you a script, and go onto the next one. She is cold, and makes you feel like an inconvenience, and that you're wasting her time by being concerned for your health (like when you have irregular periods and cramping so bad you vomit when you do get a period). She needs to retire, because she clearly doesn't care anymore.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

I have been going to Van Alphen for years, but find her manner very hurried, brusque and unprofessional. She barely looks at you , only the computer in front of her, and has never referred to me by name, only my age. She tells me my results in a hit and miss manner. She is very condescending and puts on her smiley mask face without authentic compassion. Instead of listening to you she keeps pushing pills on you . I would love to find a caring and knowledgeable doctor who truly cares but in this area no GPS are accepting new patients.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2017

She has been my doctor for 20+ years .... very compassionate and professional .... it will be a sad day when she retires ....

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

One of the Best. Knowledgeable, caring, and having been my Doctor for over 20 years would have to say Im lucky to have her

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

She has been my doctor for over 20 years and has never given less than her best when dealing with my personal medical issues.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

Very nice and fine doctor.Always helpful. Listens to patients

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

Dr. Van Alphen is very thorough. She will send you for tests if she feels it is necessary.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2013

Dr. Katie Van Alphen is a fantastic family practitioner. I have been a patient of Katie's for 25 years. I am in excellent health and rarely visit for anything other than my annual physical. However, recently I have had the occasion to consult Katie on a couple of different issues. I was able to get an appointment very quickly and she was able to arrange diagnostic testing very quickly as well. Katie's follow-up was immediate (same day as the test at 7:00 p.m.). I'm not sure how many family physicians make calls in the evening but I was so happy to get my results so quickly. I also visited the evening clinic when I was unable to get an appointment in the daytime and I was in and out of the office in approximately 15 minutes. The family health care team concept provided excellent service and was far superior to waiting for hours in our local emerg to see a doctor. I am so glad to have Katie as my physician.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013

Been with Katie for 23 yrs. Intelligent & compassionate.......that's all I want in a physician & she excels in these areas. Staff member Carrie is extremely competent at her job & is a really nice person. I still thank my lucky stars for becoming a pt. with her practice. I was pleased to see she includes all my "googled research" articles into my file that I bring her from time to time pertaining to my issues.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2013

A wonderful family doctor who listens and does not prescribe medication when unnecessary. Been our family doctor for over 20 years

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013