Ratings for Dr. James Kleiman

Super kind and empathetic, I once came in questioning my mental health and he offered me and does also offer counselling services, spent an hour with me in a distress situation and was the most helpful person I saw in that time. I credit a lot of my recovery to him. Said he did his undergrad in psychology which is very apparent as he is great at understanding the way people think! Super professional, there is a long wait even when you book an app, and the staff are incredibly rude and unapproachable even over the phone, but I've moved 2 hours away and still come to see him because of his great bedside manor. Also signs forms for free and personable. Haven't seen him for any other major issue, but he is great as a doctor for people with mental health concerns- definitely would recommend.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

i find he does not err on the side of caution in his assessments, takes things way too lightly - no referrals if he is unsure....unless patient requests it -- seems to totally avoid indepth conversations - stands up to avoid further questions or health conversations...letting the patient know time is up!! Time to move on to the next appt. to get further pay...!!!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

He was thorough when he assessed me during my appointment and he prescribed an eye drop that helped relieved my symptoms. My eyes have been really itchy for three days but the medication solved the problem. Overall he was good! He even prescribed an otc drug knowing that I did not have a drug plan.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2016

I recently left Dr Kleiman's practice because I was convinced his incompetence would kill me. For years I suffered with medical conditions for which I asked him to do multiple tests. He repeatedly told me that I was fine while barely looking through my file. During one of my tests, however, a nurse accidentally mentioned a condition and when I questioned about it, Dr Kleiman he casually said, 'oh yea, you have...' I have since found out that there are other things in my medical file that he did not follow up on, which has lead to years of dealing with medical problems that could have been looked after. I am filing an official complaint against Dr Kleiman. He should not be practicing medicine at all.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

He is great! Long waits but very caring, informative and through... I appreciate that.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

I didn't mind waiting to see him I've been seeing him more than five years I thought he was the best doctor he was always explaining things and helpful when it comes to medication and getting sick he made sure everything was OK and ordered a lot of testing but since I've had more serious problems with a brain injury I went to him say I had seizures since my accident he prescribed me something. I still had seizure's after then went to a different doctor and was told by him that doctor kleiman gave me something they give to babies. I went back to doctor kleiman only for him to say I didn't know you were having seizures. He doesn't write down new symptoms I'm having. Doesn't seem to know to much about brain injuries. If it weren't for the amazing ppl in my life I would not be seeing all the doctors I'm supposed to. I'm having a hard time getting back to doing things for myself and taking care of myself doctor kleiman signs papers like I'm able to do things after my accident which I couldn't. He has no idea what my symptoms are and seems to not care he asks questions but doesn't seem to remember after my physio told me to write things down that I'm experiencing I made an appointment he spent the whole time on my file not writing things down. Now I haveto wait to see other doctors to get papers signed by cause he is a joke when it comes tto the hard stuff like head injuries. But if your just seeing him for basic things like filling medications he's a good doctor. He takes five mins to see you cause he books like 200 patients a day. Everyone in the waiting room is to see him. Staff are so rude trying to call and get a prescription filled. Tried to tell her my situation she could have just listened and said I understand but doctor kleiman doesn't fill prescriptions over the phone. But was so rude about it. Pill bottles have that number on the containers so it'll be easier to fill then have to go in feeling dizzy cause of some stupid head injury. Its a headache dealing with a injury and having to deal with ppl who don't take stuff down when you tell them is annoying but now I'll have doctors who will listen and understand my injury better than a family doctor.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

The worst family doctor. You make an appointment for 1st and end up seeing him at 3pm-4pm. He asks so what is wrong and spends less than 5 minutes with you and always prescribes the same med to for multiple thing. It's usually amoxicillan for almost everything. I think he has a good relationship with this drug rep because this is always his go to. He is a pill pusher and wait times are ridiculous and the staff at malvern medical are so rude. The all have horrible attitudes and it took them over a month to transfer my medical files to my new family doctor.I dodon't recommend the doctor or this clinic to anyone. The only good doctor they had was Michael Ingber and he passed away.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

I agree that Dr Kleiman is amazing!! Yes the wait period is long but as stated it's a walk in clinic. I don't mind considering he's an excellent doctor. He listens and shows true concern. Which is hard to find in toronto doctors. He doesn't rush you out and truly helps you. I'm so happy I stumbled in to this walk in clinic and found him. I dont go to anyone else now.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

I think Dr Kleinman is amazing! People here are simply complaining because he is a WALK IN DOCTOR THAT MEANS THAT YOU HAVE TO WAIT IN LINE. Duh. Anyways, if they have issues with his time they should get a family dontor which they wont get becusae of the shortage so they should suck it up. Anyways he is always helpful and kind and explains things to me properly. Also becuase he knows I dont have health insurance he gives me samples that he might have in his office first. He is open to signing notes for free and he takes the time to LISTEN which a lot of doctors dont do.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2008

Didn't know that diabetes patients commonly have yeast infections ! Questioned bathing frequency !

flag | Submitted March 30, 2007