Ratings for Dr. Harry A. Kahn

I have never rated a doctor online before! I am about to need surgery and Dr. Kahn is the first person to come to mind. I've had two different procedures with him, one being a rectal fistula repair after childbirth, the other being a tumor removal. Dr. Kahn is thoughtful and precise...I met him during a very humiliating time, in tons of pain...his presence was reassuring and he afforded me DIGNITY during a time that could have been an embarrassing process. He took the time to hear me, and my concerns...and I am elated to report that the results have been very successful. I would recommend this surgeon!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

I was very unhappy with Dr. Kahn and his staff. My husband has been in the hospital several days with a collapsed lung. His nurses wouldn't listen to his concerns of continuing SOB and pressure in his chest. His breathing machine was not working properly causing his symptoms but the nurses all said it was fine. Finally, after fighting with the nurses and the Dr, we requested a transfer. Dr Kahn paid us a visit and told us that we pretty much fired his whole team which was not true and as far as he was concerned, he no longer felt obligated to help with the transfer to a different facility and that I had to find him an ambulance to take him somewhere or he would be walking out of the hospital with a hole in this chest. I was in tears. Horrible dr, horrible experience.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Dr. Harry Kahn is a very talented surgeon. I feel extremely fortunate to have found him. He handled three surgery's for me. All extremely successful. He is skilled, caring, positive and extremely knowledgeable. I had a minor incident and called him Saturday evening at 8 pm..he called me back within minutes. His staff worked with us regarding scheduling with amazing ease. We traveled 6 hours in order to see Dr. Kahn. His staff grouped appointments to limit our trips to Seattle. I would recommend Dr. Kahn to anyone needing his specialty with confidence they had the best possible talent. Five stars are not enough.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2014

Dr. Kahn seems a bit aloof, but is actually very caring and knows what he is doing. He even told me that I will hate him for awhile, I did my best not to :) It ended up a much more complicated surgery than expected but he passed with flying colours. Now I am back to my normal self and much better than I was before. So, a big thank you Dr. Kahn.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

My 79 y.o. mom had surgery to remove a severely scarred section of her bowel. 1)We were given wrong post-op instructions; 2)At post-op visit,Dr.K was rude,e.g.,my mom's incision was still packed with gauze from surgery. Before we knew it, while she was dressed and standing, Dr.K pulled down her pants in the front and with his other hand stuck his finger in the incision and ran it across so that all the puss, gauze and fluid came out onto the floor. I have never seen anything so unprofessional. 3)My mother's scar is the worst stitch job-its crooked, lumpy, bulging...Just because she's old doesn't mean she doesn't care how she looks; 4)After surgery, mom's incision became infected. Dr.K put her on a 6-wk high dose of antibiotics which almost killed her. After about 4 weeks, Mom completely deteriorated, was delirious. I wanted to stop the meds- Dr.K said no, since we only had 2 wks left. Sure enough, the minute she was off the meds she got better and is now fine, no thanks to Dr.K.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2010

Dr Kahn covers his bases with tests but is not very helpful with pain issues that don't fall within common causes. It's hard enough to go to a doctor at all regarding anal pain. He's not very understanding when pain is the complaint and he doesn't find any cause within his paradigm of the only causes. He gives no solution other than *suggesting* it's phatom pain.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2009

Very caring doctor. He performed colon cancer surgery on me. He is so knowledgeable and definately knows what he is talking about. Everything that he told me was right on. Highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

Recent Colonoscopy. Freaked out about. Staff and Doctor fantastic

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Harry A. Kahn's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1989)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Kirkland, WA