Ratings for Dr. Stephen McMurray

Took my mother in law to the clinic because she was having a burning sensation on her skin, the receptionist looked at her and said, she has shingles. Dr.. McMurray was the doctor, when we suggested that shingles may be a possibility he said NO, just get Goldbond and put it on that area. Long story short, she ended up in the hospital for over a month for a very serious case of shingles!!!!! If he had been any kind of a good doctor, he would have given her meds and could have prevented all this!!!! I do NOT recommend him as a doctor!!!!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

Never answers phone. Book appointments and show up early or on time and on average They can be a half an hour to an hour longer than when you booked your appointment. They dont like to help. Seems like it's a burden.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

Dr. McMurray is a really smart guy and he's seen everything in his career. I've had multiple health problems in recent years and he and his staff have been excellent. I wish the specialists I've been sent to were as knowledgeable as he is.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

Prescriptions are not filled in a timely manner. Staff is rude and make you feel like you're bothering them. I've been told I was just getting old and would have to learn to deal with it. Im in my 40s. Blood tests that should have follow up test because of high levels are not even brought up by the doctor. Issues are dismissed, I dont think a doctor should be making patients feel like they are stupid. But what do I know, I am not a doctor.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

Was my family doctor for years and my family loved him until about 6-7 years ago when he stopped caring about any of my family members. Once my grandmother had an appointment with him (this was around the beginning of my grandma's illness that eventually killed her) and she found out he was 'out of town for business ' when she GOT to her app. Staff didn't even have the decency to call her ahead of time to cancel. Next day Dr. McMurray was on the front page of the newspaper .. at the fifa world Cup in Brazil with his wife. This broke my heart. This happened to me as well but saw him at the YMCA at my scheduled appointment time. He is a very nice man and I think he means well.. just wasn't cutting it for any of my family.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

Found a new doctor when I realized he wasn't even listening to me.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Was my doctor for over 30 years. Use to be very kind, knowledgeable and understanding. As I said use to be. I have changed doctors. Does not listen to what you are telling him. Staff never send prescriptions on the first phone call. Always have to be chased. Would not listen to me about pain in lower abdomen with an area hard and round about the size of a grape which grew into size of an orange within a month. If it were not for Bart NP who listened to me I don't know how long it would have took to send me to a gynecologist. She sent me to the Cancer Clinic in Ottawa. Thank God it was not cancer but it was a growth that attached itself to my bowels, ovary and bladder. Surgeon had difficulty removing it but if it had been addressed early may not have been so invasive. Shame on you Dr. McMurray and shame on me for not leaving your practice sooner.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

My Dr. for over 20 yrs. Performance and Staff quality has deteriorated over past years. I have to call them for follow up information. When calling 5 minutes prior to appoint to see if any delays, reception could not provide response!!! When I arrived and suggested to reception how to weigh backlog time, I was told "are you telling me how to do my job". No, I was giving you a suggestion. Received warning letter from Dr. that his staff did not like comment and that if I was to repeat, then I would be no longer serviced as a patient. Dr. also advised that he has no need for improvement as "I know everything already as I have been doing it for so long!!! Hmmm seems like a Red Flag is in view! Sad since it was 5 star 10 years earlier.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

Dr. McMurray has been my doctor for 18 years now and I have always felt comfortable approaching him with any concerns I have. I admit there are some areas that could be improved but the areas that are important to me get two thumbs up.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Dr. McMurray has been our doctor for over 20 years. I find Dr. McMurray to be an excellent doctor. He has always provided the best of care for me and my family; in fact with my heart problems, he has facilitated me getting the best care and treatment that I have required over the past several years in a timely manner.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014