Ratings for Dr. Stephen McMurray

Prescriptions are not filled in a timely manner. Staff is rude and make you feel like you're bothering them. I've been told I was just getting old and would have to learn to deal with it. Im in my 40s. Blood tests that should have follow up test because of high levels are not even brought up by the doctor. Issues are dismissed, I dont think a doctor should be making patients feel like they are stupid. But what do I know, I am not a doctor.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

Was my family doctor for years and my family loved him until about 6-7 years ago when he stopped caring about any of my family members. Once my grandmother had an appointment with him (this was around the beginning of my grandma's illness that eventually killed her) and she found out he was 'out of town for business ' when she GOT to her app. Staff didn't even have the decency to call her ahead of time to cancel. Next day Dr. McMurray was on the front page of the newspaper .. at the fifa world Cup in Brazil with his wife. This broke my heart. This happened to me as well but saw him at the YMCA at my scheduled appointment time. He is a very nice man and I think he means well.. just wasn't cutting it for any of my family.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

Found a new doctor when I realized he wasn't even listening to me.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Was my doctor for over 30 years. Use to be very kind, knowledgeable and understanding. As I said use to be. I have changed doctors. Does not listen to what you are telling him. Staff never send prescriptions on the first phone call. Always have to be chased. Would not listen to me about pain in lower abdomen with an area hard and round about the size of a grape which grew into size of an orange within a month. If it were not for Bart NP who listened to me I don't know how long it would have took to send me to a gynecologist. She sent me to the Cancer Clinic in Ottawa. Thank God it was not cancer but it was a growth that attached itself to my bowels, ovary and bladder. Surgeon had difficulty removing it but if it had been addressed early may not have been so invasive. Shame on you Dr. McMurray and shame on me for not leaving your practice sooner.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

My Dr. for over 20 yrs. Performance and Staff quality has deteriorated over past years. I have to call them for follow up information. When calling 5 minutes prior to appoint to see if any delays, reception could not provide response!!! When I arrived and suggested to reception how to weigh backlog time, I was told "are you telling me how to do my job". No, I was giving you a suggestion. Received warning letter from Dr. that his staff did not like comment and that if I was to repeat, then I would be no longer serviced as a patient. Dr. also advised that he has no need for improvement as "I know everything already as I have been doing it for so long!!! Hmmm seems like a Red Flag is in view! Sad since it was 5 star 10 years earlier.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

Dr. McMurray has been my doctor for 18 years now and I have always felt comfortable approaching him with any concerns I have. I admit there are some areas that could be improved but the areas that are important to me get two thumbs up.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Dr. McMurray has been our doctor for over 20 years. I find Dr. McMurray to be an excellent doctor. He has always provided the best of care for me and my family; in fact with my heart problems, he has facilitated me getting the best care and treatment that I have required over the past several years in a timely manner.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

Worst doctor in town

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

I have seen Dr.M for years, the service is lacking and deteriorating as the years go on. he recently took a position as chief of staff at the general hospital which now justifies why he only works basically 3 days a week although he has been long before he took that position. Kim the receptionist is a good person she may come off a bit edgy at times but if you had to listen to people complain about their woes and deal with the fact that the doctor she works under doesnt make the majority of his patients happy you might be a little edgy too. She tries hard with what she has to work with and overall has been a blessing when having or I should say trying to see Dr.M as my health in multiple forms is not good. I see a few good ratings and from them you gather they are the rich or wealthy upper class that maybe see him once a year for a checkup and dont really experience having to make specific or regular appointments or refill prescriptions. If you have other options use them.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

Dr. McMurray has been our family doctor for approximately 25 years and has always provided exceptional care. Although we don't see Dr. McMurray on a regular basis as we are basically a very healthy family when we do see him he remembers our names, history and provides excellent feedback. There have also been occasions when Dr. McMurray has completed a telephone consult when he has not been able to see us in his office. Dr. McMurray is an outstanding physician, has a great nurse, but reception staff not very personable.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2012