Ratings for Dr. Ronald J. Mullis

STAY AWAY. He acts nice enough but trust me, he is not in the doctor business to help people. I've looked into suing Dr. Mullis but lawyers said the standard discretionary clause giving doctors judgement while the patient is in surgery, which you have to sign to undergo surgery and which seems like no big deal, makes him virtually untouchable. This man permanently altered my quality of life by doing an unnecessary surgery he was not supposed to do--and I was only 20, He was going to lance an abscess in his office but then offered to do it in the OR under anesthesia, which I gladly agreed to as it is very painful. Neither I nor my mom in the waiting room agreed to him cutting out the deep perianal abscess--I have an autoimmune disease, which I stressed to him multiple times but which he somehow didn't care about/was enough of an idiot to not understand that that meant I didn't heal like everyone else, although he wasn't even supposed to leave a gaping hole in the first place. He was just supposed to poke the abscess with a needle to drain it. He arrived at the office more than 2 hours late, all hot and bothered, and rushed in, glance at my file and said, so we're cutting it out right? And we yelled NO!!!! And said just lancing it!!!! And she has Crohn's! ...It is 3 years later and I have chronic pain from the sore. I cannot walk or wear certain clothes without pain. I have a huge, crater scar even though I had to get up super early before school and pay to go to wound care every day for 4 months afterward. It is dark purple scar tissue that still hurts. I cannot bike, wear normal bathing suits, walk anywhere, much less hike, and wear tight pants. I am beyond being upset that a 2-minute surgery Dr. Mullis performed on me without my consent ruined my life, and just don't want anyone else to have to go undergo the pain, stress, suffering and therapy I have had to on account of this self-serving, inconsiderate monster of a man.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

I believe this man did unnecessary surgery on me just for the insurance money. Besides the Tricare Insurance payment he charged, he also tried to charge my husband and I an extra $9.000. He said my gall bladder showed as "abnormal". I later found out from another Dr.that it's okay to be "abnormal" if it doesn't cause you problems. And what I REALLY had was a massive build up of H-pylori in my stomach that was causing my pain. I have suffered considerably since the surgery that Mullis performed. My right side hurts intensely and constantly. 24 hours a day 7 days a week. The more physical I try to be ie...housework, picking up my granddaughter, the worse it become. No one can find the reason for my pain so no one can fix it. The only option left to me is a pain management specialist. So I'll never know what he actually did to me, but will mask the pain instead. I warn anyone with an appointment with Mullis to reconsider and to seek another Dr. if at all possible.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2014

Dr. Ronald J. Mullis's Credentials

• University Of Arkansas College Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

UPMC