You may also like

Ratings for Dr. David McMullen

EXTREMELY STUPID MAN! CANNOT WRITE A PROPER LETTER ABOUT MY DIAGNOSIS. WOULD NOT FOLLOW UP AND CORRECT HIS ERRORS! IM AMAZED THAT A MAN LIE THIS WHO MAKES SO MANY ERRORS IN HIS REPORTS IS STILL PRACTICING! HE HAS PROBABLY MISTAKINGLY DIAGNOSED TONS OF PPL!

Submitted December 14, 2015

The human body is a machine. If you have a mood disorder, you need a mechanic. This is Dr McMullen's forte. His sweet spot is reading where you may have treatable physical symptoms, and treating them as best he can with the right chemical cocktail. This is not an exact science. Those who expect otherwise are bound to be disappointed by him, and life in general. He is not a psychologist - if you need that form of therapy, get one.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

I got referred to this Doctor because he specialized in BiPolars. Sadly, his mandate is to Pharmicutally Straight jack patients, Dr. Seroquel, richly rewarded by the Alberta Health Care system saving money on hospital stays, and the drug companies with holiday junkets to Mexico, Golf Holidays and huge Ego. I lost 2 years under his care (ie agenda) my weight ballooned and I was a zombie - STAY AWAY FROM THIS OFFICE!!! Check out other Doctors, go to BiPolar Support meetings (OBAD), seriously, his "waiting room is like a narrow corridor with patients lining the walls hoping to be seen eventually only to be whisked in and out within 10 minutes, don't dare ask the uppity English receptionist when you'll be seen, how he rates #9 in Calgary must be his Alumni/Drug Companies voted .. Now I have a wonderful old school Doctor which equals a fully functioning life and am not 100 lbs overweight any more - don't buy into his B.S., he is a "Time Robber". Don't stop looking for the right Dr for you!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Dr. McMullen is awesome. Super dedicated to helping you get better- when I had no hope of ever feeling better he assured me there were things we could do and not to give up. He is a no BS type, so some people might find him abrasive, but I appreciate his straightforwardness, and you can also tell he does care about you getting better.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

Hello, how can I possibly get an appointment with you?

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. McMullen for almost a year, and I have to say that he is the best mental health professional that I have ever dealt with. I was suicidal when I was referred to him and I didn't even have to wait a month for my first appointment. He has always taken my questions and concerns seriously, and quite frankly he is the first one to do so. Throughout my treatment, he has offered different Rx's--he doesn't push them, he just let's me know that they're available--but he always leaves the decision up to me. We have had many conversations about the advantages and disadvantages of different meds. As a result, we found one that works and I have been able to refuse all other Rx offers. Whether you see McMullen or not, remember that you are the best advocate for your health--research the various therapies that are available to you, read medical sites (rather than forums), and know that it is absolutely your right to say no and take you medical dollars elsewhere.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2013

Dr. McMullen was excellent. He is very helpful with bipolar disorder and seems to really understand where I am coming from. He is sometimes running a little late, but is usually on time. I would highly recommend dr. McMullen for anyone suffering from bipolar disorder.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

Dr.McMullen is the best doctor I have ever had! After 3 years of being misdiagnosed and numerous hospitalizations, he was able to diagnose me within the first 45 min session. He took his time explaining treatment options and I really felt like he cared. I consider myself very blessed to be able to be his patient.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2013

Was referred by suicide line. He made room for me quickly as I was a walking dead man. Engaged me in a discussion, changed my meds,and had high frequency of appts at first. Turned me away from death's door. Has stuck with me, I am "a suicidal"(it is my life time companion) so guidance helps. He is tough on expectations and is confident about being able to help. For those that see arrogance, what do you want? A Dr that says that he MIGHT be able to help? You don't have to love your Dr., you have to be able to work with him/her. This guy cares and works hard not to show it too much as us bipolars are known to manipulate, just a tad.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

Dr. David McMullen's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Oi you bloke, thanks a heap m8 you did wounders on me Shvincter! ;)"

January 5, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "EXTREMELY STUPID MAN! CANNOT WRITE A PROPER LETTER ABOUT MY DIAGNOSIS. WOULD NOT FOLLOW UP AND CORRECT HIS ERRORS! IM AMAZED THAT A MAN LIE THIS WHO MAKES SO ..."

December 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The human body is a machine. If you have a mood disorder, you need a mechanic. This is Dr McMullen's forte. His sweet spot is reading where you may have tre..."

September 16, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I got referred to this Doctor because he specialized in BiPolars. Sadly, his mandate is to Pharmicutally Straight jack patients, Dr. Seroquel, richly rewarded ..."

June 18, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. McMullen is awesome. Super dedicated to helping you get better- when I had no hope of ever feeling better he assured me there were things we could do and no..."

May 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I love Dr McMullen!! He has given me hope when I needed it. He took the time to personally call me when I had a question about medication. He is the best!! "

May 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Hello, how can I possibly get an appointment with you?"

March 2, 2015