Ratings for Dr. Dennis Lee

Dr. Lee isn't terrible, he can actually be a great help, but depending on his mood... Truthfully, I am taking the time to actually comment due to his terrible support staff. His regular secretary is beyond rude, I mean if we are coming to a doctor it's generality because we are unwell, and the last thing we need is a secretary starting the process by making us feel worse. Simply put, she just needs to find a new job, how is someone like her in healthcare? I wonder if his mood (and Dr Chan's) would change if they had more competent, and polite support staff to help them... maybe it would benefit all of us patients too.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Today I went into the walk in clinic and wanted some impacted waX removed from my ears. He told me straight out that if there was no pain and if it was only waX he wasn't going to do it for me. He looked and then asked if I had a family doctor. If said yes but since I was in the area and the problem was existent for a few days I dropped in. He said its not a "life and death issue" and to make an appointment with my family doctor. He said he doesn't do "scut work" and his clinic isn't McDonalds. I complained and said that I went to him for help and he answered that no I went to him for medical advice. He didn't help me and I asked him if he was going to bill OHIP he said yes and asked if I had a problem with it. Yes I have a problem with it when a doctor tells me that my condition isn't life or death. I told him that I had problems with hearing because of the wax. I was very put of by his rude arrogant behaviour. THIS MAN HAS NO BUSINESS PRACTICING IN MEDICINE!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

I went to the walk-in clinic and UNFORTUNATELY had to see him. I went because of pain/discomfort with my ears. He checked my ears and said the problem was from too much wax. However, he refused to treat me, first saying that my family doctor must do it and then offering a list of excuses. He claimed he didn't have the necessary equipment. I questioned his refusal to treat me, and then he said he’d do it only if I were his patient (meaning he did have the equipment). Then he acknowledged having the equipment, but said he didn’t want to go through the process of preparing it (i.e., retrieving the tools and heating water). He then directly stated he simply didn’t want to do it because it was the end of a long day (note: the clinic wasn’t closing for another 25 mins and there was no one left in the waiting room). He clearly just had zero desire to treat me, even though he could have done so simply and easily. This man should not be practicing medicine. I’m truly shocked at this experience.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2012

I respect Dr. Lee. HE has been very kind to me. His personallity is cold; however, he is intelligent smart and respectful physician. He takes time and answeres all your questions. I have been his patient for a long time and will continue to do so. The staff in his clinic is lovely.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2010

I'm very sorry to say that in my case Doctor Lee was not helpful and actually I regret choosing his walk-in clinic. I was in need for an urgent referral to a specialist and he gave me the wrong forms TWICE and that slowed down the process and made it very disappointing and stressful for me and time consuming for the hospital receptionists. One year ago in his walk in clinic (I'm not sure if it was him visiting my little girl or another doctor) they diagnosed my 3 yr girl with ear infection prescribing antibiotics when she had no infection at all (I double checked w/ my pediatrician). The two secretaries are arrogant and know it all and "honey" you all the time. They forgot to notify me of the specialist appointment when they received the fax from the hospital. I did never feel I was in good hands. PS: They posted this note around the toys for children in the waiting room: PLEASE PICK UP AFTER YOU'RE CHILD. Their spelling skills and attitude need some work. Very unreliable.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2009

Dr. Lee is a very intelligent, rational,logical physician. He does not talk down to you, and takes time- IF YOU ENGAGE HIM- in detailed discussions of symptoms and diagnoses. These days, the key is to be a partner in your own health care and be informed beofe you get to the doc office. I have been a patient of Dr. Li's for 12 years and will continue to do so.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2009

This Doctor is rude and know it all. Will not refer you to Specialists instead keeps giving you different drugs and drugs. Not caring and quite cold. This Doctor has made me sicker instead of making me well.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2009

Absolutely no problems with this doctor, very friendly, easy to talk to (and to engage in conversation with) and gives good straightforward answers for specific questions.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2008

arrogant, incommunicative, unwilling to explore treatment options

flag | Submitted March 13, 2007