Ratings for Dr. Steven Fremeth

Dr. Fremeth has been our family dentist for about 24 years. He was wonderful, warm and friendly with the kids when they were little. Hygienists always good and friendly. Never wait more than 5 minutes past appt time.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2018

There is one receptionist that is quite rude. I do not want to mention her name. The rest are OK but not great. I have been going to this office for over 25 years...the excellent quality of service is no longer there, in terms of the front desk staff and Dr. Fremeth, himself. He is always rushing around and uses too much force, not to mention his hands are quite shaky. I think it is time for him to retire. I do have to say that the team of hygienists are very thorough and polite.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

Dr Fremeth is a good dentist but his front desk clerk, named Nancy is rude. She has a bad attitude and she has shed a bad light on the dentist. Also, the dental hygienist I find are always grumpy when the clean my kid's teeth. I just don't get why they expect us to take it when the office runs on clients. I will no longer put up with the poor customer service and the grumpy staff.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

To anyone who brought their children to Steven Fremeth, PLEASE e-mail me! kelsi_vanson8@hotmail.com Please don't hesitate if you see my post..

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

Should have read the reviews here before taking the referral from our own dentist. Our own experience with this office has been nothing but frustration! Very rude and condesecending receptionist, he's way too busy just to make a phone call, and they don't even bother discussing options with us before proceeding. Note that almost all recent reviews have been negative, rightly so. 2 thumbs down for this office!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

I love the comment about how there are negative comments "just because." Because people really have the time on their hand to make up bad things... right. Anyways, when I brought my son in to get a tooth extraction, I thought that Dr. Fremeth looked so cheerful that it made me feel a bit at ease. However, after waiting 3 hours, it was finally over and I was able to witness what everyone else was complaining about. First of all, he was so condescending blaming us for giving our son cavities. The funny thing is we did everything he advised us to do and his response to this was, well you're obviously doing something else. Word of advice, you want repeat clients, that's not the way to go. Then, he proceeds to tell us that he did more work than was previously discussed. So rather than paying the amount that was quoted to us, we paid 1.5x more. It gets even better. So I go and see my son and he's hysterical because he's a baby and he wakes up to strangers who are holding him down. I try to calm my baby and a nurse comes in saying that I need to calm myself down before calming him down. First of all, I was in no way hysterical. I'm calming down a 3 year old who is fighting me with all of his strength. All I said was "no don't do that, etc.." in a completely normal tone. Honestly, how is this a children's clinic? Start off by hiring staff that actually like children, please. I wish I looked up Dr. Fremeth before coming here. First and last time that's for sure.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2016

This dentist was rude to me while my mother was in hospital dying and blamed the burning in my teeth and gums on stressing over that and smoking. My mother died, and I went back STILL in WILD pain, and he continued to blame it on her, I told him she was dead. He then said quit smoking and there was nothing he could do for me anymore. I find him RUSHED at EVERY appointment I ever had, he ripped out my wisdom tooth without even x-raying it, but then told me I had great teeth....so Y pull out a perfectly good tooth. I think he's in it for the $ and the secretary with red hair as well. The Hygenists were always very nice and accomidating to the sensitivity of emotional issues. STEVEN HOWEVER WAS NOT...I WOULDN'T GO BACK THERE EVEN IT WAS FREE...HE NEEDS TO LEARN HOW TO TALK TO PEOPLE UNDER DERESS with compassion and get his DIAGNOSIS RIGHT>.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

Dr Fremeth was a bit behind schedule, but I don't mind because he always has lots of time to talk with patient/parent. Highly recommend him. Excellent bedside manner and makes kids feel at ease. I think some people write neg reviews just because.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

1. I was called early in the morning two business days before an appointment with Fremeth. The next day, I realized I could not make the appointment and called to reschedule. I was told that I would have to pay $75.00 to reschedule since they require two business days to reschedule. This was the final straw. They will not receive my business any longer; 2. This receptionist I spoke to today was curt and demeaning. She said, "You are calling on a private line, I'm not sure why you are calling on a private line." My family has had his number for 23 years (613-739-1616). Furthermore, I called five minutes before they closed and was told that I was calling outside of business hours; 3. I've always thought Fremeth himself was a nice man, but he is indeed far too overbooked, which has made him increasingly sloppy and rushed. I had a temporary crown fall off THREE times in the span of a week without chewing on that side of my mouth at all. I have had two mouthguards crack in the span or two or three years. He did not detect cracked tooth syndrome in one of my molars for three (THREE!) years. This meant that I had pain in my tooth for three years, which is, I admit, my fault for given him my business for that long while nothing was being done about a serious problem. Do not give him your business if you value your time, money and/or peace of mind.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

Pulled out wrong teeth!!!! My daughter had to have extensive work done and they ended up pulling the wrong teeth out, thank god it was baby teeth. The only reason I think they pulled them was for the money. Be careful with the incompetence!!!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015