Ratings for Dr. Sandra Hobbs

Was seeing when my husband passed away. Told me after 1 month I should be over it. Wonder if she was over it a month after her husband passed! Requested referral to specialist for over a year before she "gave in" and sent me. Didn't get in soon enough and now my prognosis is 6 months. Thanks for nothing Dr. Hobbs.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

I have seen Dr. Hobbs for a number of years, and I find her to be very unhelpful. She asks me what I think the problem is, doesn't delve into an issue to determine cause, and is way too willing to just prescribe to get you out of her office. I feel more like I am going to see someone who is able to send me to see a doctor for referral on the issue which I have diagnosed myself with. Feels more like a referral service than a doctor's appointment.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

While Dr. Hobbs is a very nice lady, I feel she is perhaps becoming "burnt out". There always seems to be some confusion about referrals to specialists, and not being informed of abnormal laboratory test results, which is downright dangerous. I am not sure if it is Dr. Hobb's issue or the support staff and their office systems, but I have lost my trust in her ability to be an effective physician.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

Dr. Hobbs has been my doctor for almost 15 years. The experience varied greatly; the first 10 years being better. I've asked for the first app't of the day for my annual check-up most years and she was still late. Glad that she's willing to consider alternative approaches when I bring the info in about them. She seemed okay with my getting acupuncture for certain allergies (it worked!) Referrals have taken awhile due either to her or her staff (one implicates the other.) She has not hesitated to refer me to a specialist when I've inquired about seeing one. A patient needs to be proactive with Dr. Hobbs. She doesn't read minds. Alternately, I've seen Dr. Vetsch (sp?)and Dr. Mah when Dr. Hobbs has been away, and was glad to have that option to do that at their clinic. Personally, I sense Dr. Hobbs may be ready to retire but there is such a shortage of GP's out there I don't think that would be a good idea!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

Extremely disappointed with Dr. Hobbs -- long wait times, she is easily distracted during examinations and VERY poor follow-through with referrals.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2013

During apts dr hobbs watches her clock to ensure you are only there 15 mins, even if you haven't finished speaking she will get up and start to go out the door. If you have self-diagnosed yourself your good - you just go to her and tell her what you need and she does it. Unfortunately this is not be best way to conduct yourself as a Dr. I have waited to see her for 2 hrs when I had a scheduled apt. If I miss an apt, I can no longer go to see her????

flag | Submitted October 28, 2011

I've been a patient of Dr Hobbs for 13 years. She is an excellent Doctor. I have always found her to be,knowledgeable, polite, attentive and professional. Refferals always seem to take a while but this is an issue with the alberta health care system in general. I highly rocommend Dr. Hobbs

flag | Submitted October 18, 2011

Dr. Hobbs is great. Whenever I am sick she always gets to the bottom of the problem then prescribes effective medication or refers me to excellent specialists. She is observant and listens to what I say. I trust her and have been going to her for many years.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2010

Dr Hobbs has been my doctor for years. He is my husbands Doctor, sister and now my baby girl. I actually left my baby's pediatrician to take her to Dr Hobbs. She is friendly and takes the time to listen to me and any problems I have. Surely every doctor is not expected to know everything and she is no exception. Would not trade her for anything.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2010

Great Dr, has always seen us in an emergency, discusses treatment alternatives and diagnoses. Refers to specialists when required but not just for the sake of it. Dr.s are like computers, garbage in – garbage out, know your body , know your symptoms, relate them well and she will nail the diagnosis. Great manner, easy to talk to and question, caring for sure. Good with the kids also.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2009