Ratings for Dr. Jay C. Long

If I had to, I definitely would do it again, with the same Dr. “Jay Long”, and his staff! My surgery went well and recovery was awesome too! I’m forever great full for this staff and service !

flag | Submitted February 12, 2019

Dr. Long is very knowledgeable in his field . And he is very good to make sure that you understand what is going on. He is a very kind Dr. In takes his time to explain things to you and for that I am very grateful ! Thank you so much Dr. Long.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2018

Dr. Long is a very caring and smart doctor who seems to really care about his patients. He performed my roux-en-y and hernia surgery in early September and I had a great experience. I highly recommend Dr. Long.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2018

Dr Long performed hernia surgery on my husband over a year ago. Dr. Long went way beyond helping my husband. We were so grateful. When I visited Dr. Long myself I was so happy that I was in his hands. He is a great doctor that You know you are getting the best treatment possible. I highly recommend Dr. Long.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

Dr. Long was very helpful, compassionate, and knowledgeable. I would recommend him to others. In fact, I did recommend him to my sister.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

Doctor long is great! Very honest and to the point.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

Dr. Long is an awesome surgeon. He performed a gastric sleeve on me and did a great job! I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Great experience. Dr. Long was very professional as was the office staff. Would reccomend to others!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

Dr. Long performed my hernia surgery. It was the easiest recovery that I have ever had from any surgery. I healed quickly and could not be happier.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

Doctor is never on time which is ridiculous when yoir spending your own money.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

Dr. Jay C. Long's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Education Bachelor of Science Tulane University Major: Cell and Molecular Biology August 1991-May 1995 Emergency Medical Technician-Basic UAB School of Health Related Professions September 1995-December 1995 Doctor of Medicine University of Alabama School of Medicine (UASOM) July 1996-June 2000 General Surgery Residency Baptist Medical Center (BMC) – Birmingham, AL July 2000-June 2005 Bariatric and Minimally Invasive Surgery Fellowship The Methodist Hospital – Houston, TX July 2005-June 2006 Licenses & Registrations Alabama Medical License – 2002-Present Texas Medical License – 2005-2006 DEA Controlled Substance Registration – 2002-Present Alabama Controlled Substance Registration – 2002-Present Certifications Board Certified in General Surgery The American Board of Surgery Qualifying Examination completed August 11, 2005 Total Exam Score= 92%, Overall Percentile Ranking= 97% Certifying Examination completed March 21, 2006 ACLS Certification Baptist Medical Center April 2004 ATLS Certification University of Alabama School of Medicine October 2000 Awards/Honors 1st Place Masters CBDE Course, SAGES 2007 Mtg. 1st Place Top Gun Laparoscopic Shootout, 91st ACS Mtg. – 2005 Hugh Linder Award for Outstanding Resident – 2004-2005 2nd Place Research Day Award – June 9, 2005 AMA Physician’s Recognition Award – 2004-2007 Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society – 1995 Sidney E. & Ruby Shayn Blumenthal Scholarship – 1994 Alpha Epsilon Delta Premedical Honor Society – 1993 Randall Gibson Honor Society of Tulane University – 1992-1995 Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society – 1992 Earl R. Clayton Scholarship – 1992 Tulane University Scholarship – 1991-1995 Professional Society Memberships Southern Medical Association – 2006-Present Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons – 2005-Present Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons – 2005-Present Southeastern Surgical Congress – 2005-Present Southwestern Surgical Congress – 2005-Present Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract – 2005-Present American College of Surgeons—Associate Member – 2004-Present American Medical Student Association – 1997-Present American Medical Association – 1996-2002, 2006-present Jefferson County Medical Society – 1996-1997, 1999-present Christian Medical Ministry Association – 1996-1998 Medical Association of the State of Alabama – 1996-1997, 1999-present