Ratings for Dr. Michael A. Todd

Doctor Todd handled my case amazingly. There is no way to put it other than he simply saved my life. I will not say his office is without cons. On the day of my consultation he was called away to emergency surgery and I ended up waiting over 3 hours just to see him. But when he finally came in, he explained the situation well, and put me at ease. His program is attentive to detail, with so much preoperative testing that I went into my surgery comfortable in the fact that he had checked for everything and that I was in good hands. His staff is friendly and helpful. And his post-operative program makes me feel like they care about my continuing success. I would recommend anyone and everyone to this doctor for my bariatric care needs.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

My bariatric surgery (Open RNY) was a success and I have lost all my excess weight and kept it off for years. On the flip side, be careful if you gain a lot of weight back, be careful if you are a person that questions a lot of things, be careful if you are having ANY difficulties with your surgery post-op because he doesn't like that!! He will diagnosis you with a psychiatric disorder instead of looking into the real problem. He also a little too "touchy feely" for my tastes, especially once you really start losing weight and looking "good." He has also gone through staff members like no other doctor I have ever seen. There's almost a completely NEW staff every year or so. They all seem to leave unhappy. I know this from people who have worked there. Just be careful! Surgery went very well though.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2013

Alaska bariatric is like a factory...I've had several surgeries and never did I come out of surgery and NEVER see my surgeon again...???period.not until I contacted him

flag | Submitted October 17, 2012

Unsure if the surgery met standards but post operative care was certainly terrible. My appendix was not completely removed, I was discharged within a couple days and that was never mentioned. When I got home I was vomiting with a fever and was told to wait it out. I went back to the ER the next day because I couldn't even keep meds down. When I was readmitted I continued to receive little attention and had no idea what was going on with my body, average visit was a couple minutes and he only talked to me about discharge dates. It was only after he was fired that found out my appendix was still there and would require another surgery, I also found out I had an ilieus from the infection and had to be fed through an IV. I am certain my condition would have deteriorated in his care.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2012

Dr. Michael A. Todd's Credentials

• Univ Of Ca, San Francisco, Sch Of Med, San Francisco Ca 94143 (Grad. 1983)