Ratings for Dr. Janice Mason

Excellent physician who takes great care with all of her patients.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

Stay away from this doctor! She is very untrained and not professional in many ways. She misdiagnosed my illness for a lengthy time and then became rude and impossible to deal with. She seems to be very transient and moves from clinics often and now my medical information appears to be lost. I am an unhappy with her services and have moved on. Good luck

flag | Submitted February 4, 2013

Dr. Mason goes above and beyond what would be expected in the circumstances. She restored my faith in the medical system, and went in to medicine for all the right reasons. Very thorough and diligent at the UVIC clinic..

flag | Submitted November 9, 2009

I agree, Dr. Mason was a good doctor taking care and concern for my health. But I too am now in limbo trying to find another physician and that's tough. I sure hope they don't lose our records!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2009

Janice Mason was great, but she's disappeared and my records are in limbo, making it difficult to get good medical care. I was told they would be at Care Point, where she used to work but they are not. Not good practice - especially as I've followed her around her peregrinations for 12 years.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2009

Dr. Mason took an interest in my unusual case and consulted with a well known U.S. expert physician who had diagnosed my disease process. She has been very supportive and helpful and I appreciate her interest and help with my illness.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2009

Simply unable to look at the big picture for complex medical conditions - tends to jump to conclusions, then order tests, then actually read up later - plus, she does not tell you that she does not believe anyone should be on any type of pills (I asked her, she said no) - I asked after she took me off my sleeping pills for insomnia and to replace them gave me the name of a book: which is about insomnia not needing a medicinal cure - fine, but leave the option for the patient - in 4 weeks she took me off all meds - never stating her "ideology" during GP or follow up visits - at the end we parted ways when she simply told me that she didn't know what to do (regarding and illness I had).

flag | Submitted April 25, 2007

Janice Mason is thorough, helpful and knowledgeable about general medical practice, as well as in her specialty of sports medicine. She takes the time to listen and respond to each patient. She is a pleasant and friendly person.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2007