Ratings for Dr. Francis E. Garriott

Dr. Garriott was my mother's physician for many years. When she suffered a stroke, Dr. Garriott did not monitor her medication properly when she was at home. I had to make an appointment myself to go over her medications, most of which he agreed should have been stopped. However, he seemed quite irritated that I should even ask him any questions. He never initiated a phone call to my mother to check on her status when she was homebound. He said that it was her responsibility to contact him (even though was not mentally capable of doing so after the stroke). He never informed her of options, such as in-home blood tests instead of having to be transported outside to a laboratory. When she died, he never even expressed his condolences to the family.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Good General Doctor. Does not try and overmedicate patients. I would use specialists for any area of concern.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2007

Dr Garriott misdiagnosed my grandmother for several months even though she showed classic sighs of lung cancer. After months of watching our grandmother suffer in extreme pain we demanded a MRI that showed a huge tumor on her lung and spine. She also had a tumor on her leg that he perscribed an antibiotic for. She died about a month after the correct diagnoses.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2007

Dr. Francis E. Garriott's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)