Ratings for Dr. Evelin Ibrahim

She is the most rude Dr. I have ever seen in my life. Her demeanor, authoritative tone of voice and condescending attitude should not be tolerated. I came in with a plantar wart (diagnosed by a different Dr.) and she claimed it to be a callus, but I know it isn't, I know what a callus is, how it feels, and this was Definitely not one; she put on latex gloves and proceeded to pinch and scrape the wart to physically remove it but I noticed she didn't use any disinfectant on my foot at all. Hopefully it doesn't get infected... we'll see. The whole procedure took literally less than 1 minute, However, afterwards when I asked her for a referral to see a physiotherapist she immediately declined and adamantly claimed that according to BC MSP rules she can only see me for one (1) reason only, and that I shouldn't walk in with multiple reasons. I insisted I wasn't aware of such rule and asked her to use common sense in this case as I had a pain in my back and needed to see a physio. Long story short she said she was NOT going to write me such quick referral and said "end of the conversation" and walked away. I don't think she should continue practicing, I hope the Medical Board re-examines her case and professional registration, looks like she forgot her Hippocratic Oath. She completely lacks Common Sense and treats patients as numbers, not as sick human beings in need of treatment.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

This doctor told me that my hyperemisis in pregnancy was a'good thing' because I am overweight. I was vomiting so much that I had lost 13 pounds before my first trimester was over . She also argued with me about how tall I was and manipulated the ruler so that it read the height she thought I was. Very Petty. Made a feeble attempt to find the baby's heartbeat but said because im overweight, the doppler couldn't read through all the fat. I'm NOT that big!! Said there was nothing more she could do for me. Gave up and went to ER where they had to give me 7 liters of saline to rehydrate me before sending me to RCH nausea and vomiting clinic. There was LOTS more they could do for me! Plus, I waited 6 hours in her waiting room. On another occasion she sent me for bloodwork because she was SURE I had high cholesterol diabetes and hypertension because. ...I'm overweight. All Taya came back clear and she said my cholesterol is the best she's ever seen. I would NEVER recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

Twice misdiagnosed by this Dr her husband on the otherhand is a much better Dr.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

Evelin is a very nice person. She is kind and considerate, but sometimes your doctor must be your advocate and she is severely intimidated by government, ICBC, etc. No matter how strong your case or need, she is totally intimated and will not provide you with any support, letters, forms, etc. Seems she is terrified of getting involved with ICBC or providing her opinion to support your claim for disability credit with a clerk at Canada Revenue agency. She is also afraid to cost the medical money, doing tests for you. So, if you want a nice doctor, don't need any support and don't mind to pay for your own tests, MRI's, etc., then she is a good doctor.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

I was experiencing severe dizziness for a week. I was concerned that my new blood pressure medication may be the cause so I decided to go to Newport Medical Clinic. I had checked my blood pressure a number of times that day and it was hovering around 160/100. I saw Dr. Evelin Ibraham. From the very start of the appointment she gave me every non-verbal clue that she wasn’t interested in my concerns and suggested that I make an appointment with my GP. In her attempt to speed me out of the office she quickly tested my BP and advised “good news it’s a perfect 120/80!” I was concerned that she didn’t properly conduct the test: she had under-pressured the cuff, took a very quick glance at the readings and the whole process took about 3 seconds. I decided not to challenge her and I went directly from the clinic to re-test my BP at a pharmacy and it was still hovering around 160/100. I immediately went back to the clinic and re-booked another appointment with her. I asked why she would lie and mislead me about my BP to speed me out of her office. She denied that was the case. I asked her to re-test my BP and she declined stating that my BP was perfect. I advised I wasn’t going to leave until she tested my BP so she unwillingly performed the test and it was 160/100. She then said that my BP was high because I was upset. What a joke you are a disgrace to the medical profession and a hypocrite to the Hippocratic Oath!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015

Terrible!!!! In the middle of a Pap test, full exposure and uncomfortable, Dr. Evelyn Ibrahim stopped to answer her cell!!!!! About home renovations!!!! How unprofessional!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

I have been seeing Dr Ibrahim for years. I feel very confident in her expertise as I have had various health issues over the years and she has always been compassionate and caring in dealing with them. She also has a very nice personality and is easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2014

Even with an appointment she takes forever to get to you. Takes frequent long weekends where the office is closed. I went to her with morning sickness so severe I had lost 22 pounds in 2 months. She told me that since I am already overweight, it was a good thing I've lost so much. She them told me we couldn't find the baby's her rate on doppler because I have fat on my stomach. Went to er. I was in serious distress and needed four days of iv rehydration and medication though she said I was fine. Every time I see her, she makes me feel like what I am sick with is because I'm overweight. I'll never go there again.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

best doctor I've had in my life. She is kind, understanding, and is very helpful. I highly recommend her to anyone

flag | Submitted January 2, 2013