You may also like

Rate Dr. Evelin Ibrahim

Dr. Evelin Ibrahim's Ratings

Evelin is a very nice person. She is kind and considerate, but sometimes your doctor must be your advocate and she is severely intimidated by government, ICBC, etc. No matter how strong your case or need, she is totally intimated and will not provide you with any support, letters, forms, etc. Seems she is terrified of getting involved with ICBC or providing her opinion to support your claim for disability credit with a clerk at Canada Revenue agency. She is also afraid to cost the medical money, doing tests for you. So, if you want a nice doctor, don't need any support and don't mind to pay for your own tests, MRI's, etc., then she is a good doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2861200].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

I was experiencing severe dizziness for a week. I was concerned that my new blood pressure medication may be the cause so I decided to go to Newport Medical Clinic. I had checked my blood pressure a number of times that day and it was hovering around 160/100. I saw Dr. Evelin Ibraham. From the very start of the appointment she gave me every non-verbal clue that she wasn’t interested in my concerns and suggested that I make an appointment with my GP. In her attempt to speed me out of the office she quickly tested my BP and advised “good news it’s a perfect 120/80!” I was concerned that she didn’t properly conduct the test: she had under-pressured the cuff, took a very quick glance at the readings and the whole process took about 3 seconds. I decided not to challenge her and I went directly from the clinic to re-test my BP at a pharmacy and it was still hovering around 160/100. I immediately went back to the clinic and re-booked another appointment with her. I asked why she would lie and mislead me about my BP to speed me out of her office. She denied that was the case. I asked her to re-test my BP and she declined stating that my BP was perfect. I advised I wasn’t going to leave until she tested my BP so she unwillingly performed the test and it was 160/100. She then said that my BP was high because I was upset. What a joke you are a disgrace to the medical profession and a hypocrite to the Hippocratic Oath!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2754507].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015

Terrible!!!! In the middle of a Pap test, full exposure and uncomfortable, Dr. Evelyn Ibrahim stopped to answer her cell!!!!! About home renovations!!!! How unprofessional!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2618232].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2014

I have been seeing Dr Ibrahim for years. I feel very confident in her expertise as I have had various health issues over the years and she has always been compassionate and caring in dealing with them. She also has a very nice personality and is easy to talk to.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2565393].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

Even with an appointment she takes forever to get to you. Takes frequent long weekends where the office is closed.

I went to her with morning sickness so severe I had lost 22 pounds in 2 months. She told me that since I am already overweight, it was a good thing I've lost so much. She them told me we couldn't find the baby's her rate on doppler because I have fat on my stomach.
Went to er. I was in serious distress and needed four days of iv rehydration and medication though she said I was fine.
Every time I see her, she makes me feel like what I am sick with is because I'm overweight. I'll never go there again.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2537559].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2504906].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2014

best doctor I've had in my life. She is kind, understanding, and is very helpful. I highly recommend her to anyone

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1321527].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2013

I have been patient of Dr. Evelin Ibrahim for the last 7 years and I can assure she is one of the best doctors I have known in BC.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1321526].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2012

Dr. Ibrahim misdiagnosed me and then when I said I wanted a second opinion she insisted on treating me in her office. Another time she prescribed a medication that I thought was countraindicated with what I was taking but she insisted it was fine. I got very, very sick. When I went to another doctor they were horrified that the second medication was prescribed in conjunction with the first. When I asked to see my file she said I wasn't allowed. When I said I would take it up with the BCMA she remembered it would be ok to show me. Find a different doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1321525].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2012

If you ever want to feel like a burden instead of a patient, see Mrs. Dr. Ibrahim. I have had my concerns waved off as unimportant, and upon expressing my hesitation towards a particularly extreme treatment for my chronic illness, I was told I was being irrational and if I didn't want the treatment then my problem must not be that serious. Color me unsurprised when I did some research and found a number of gentler, effective, alternative treatments for my condition.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1321524].votes_count ]]