Ratings for Dr. Evelin Ibrahim

I had been going to this walk in clinic for over 5 years and had been seeing both her and her husband, I was never too satisfied with her (or her husbands) service but I continued to see them because it is close to where I live and I never needed anything too serious until recently. I was in an MVA and needed to see my Dr immediately and when I called the clinic to make an appointment I was told neither Dr would see me because ICBC was involved and I would be a liability to them. I was extremely upset as finding a new Dr thats taking patients is really hard to find and Dr Ibrahim had all my medical history of the last decade or so. I would absolutely NOT recommend this clinic to ANYONE. Front staff is also always rude.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

I've been seeing Dr. Evelin Ibrahim for a few years now as a walk in patient. Each time she devoted her time explaining me the situation and prescribing necessary medication. I found Dr.Evelin to be very knowledgeable,kind, and helpful. I would recommend her with no hesitation to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

I went in to see Dr Ibrahim to renew a prescription for myself. While there, we talked about my 2-year-old who's currently seeing a pediatrician referred by Ibrahim. She needs her referral renewed before her next appointment and I politely asked Dr Ibrahim if it would be possible to renew it with me being in her office without my daughter. She immediately (and quite unexpectedly) snapped at me saying patients demanding things 'stress her out'. I was by no means demanding anything, I was simply asking. As a new parent and new resident in BC, I have no knowledge of these things and would have expected a professional to explain how the system works here. In fact, a simple 'Sorry, we can't do that' would have sufficed. Dr Ibrahim concluded her rant by saying pediatrcians only care about making money and that if our pediatrician wanted to see my daughter without her referral, then good for us. Needless to say, she was totally rude and unprofessional. I will look into getting a new family doctor and will never go back.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

At least this is a doctor that can keep close to schedule for appointment. Factual blunt bedside manner. Not a nuturing type. But straight shooting with the facts. Their front office staff really try to accomodate everyone the best they can but with dropin they do have very long waits (2 hrs or more is usual).

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Horrible Doctor! I walked in and waited over two hours, and she tells me to go see my family doctor, without even acknowledging that I waited for so long and listening to why I came to the clinic. In addition, I asked her to refer me to a specialist, she replied " I don't want the test results to come here but ok"--- so rude. She then NEVER actually sent the referral in; how unprofessional is that.. her husband is awesome but her, not so much. I almost forgot my aunt went to see her, and she bruised her arm because she used the wrong needle ( like, why don't u ask, if you are not sure???). She needs to stop practicing because clearly she does not care.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

She is the most rude Dr. I have ever seen in my life. Her demeanor, authoritative tone of voice and condescending attitude should not be tolerated. I came in with a plantar wart (diagnosed by a different Dr.) and she claimed it to be a callus, but I know it isn't, I know what a callus is, how it feels, and this was Definitely not one; she put on latex gloves and proceeded to pinch and scrape the wart to physically remove it but I noticed she didn't use any disinfectant on my foot at all. Hopefully it doesn't get infected... we'll see. The whole procedure took literally less than 1 minute, However, afterwards when I asked her for a referral to see a physiotherapist she immediately declined and adamantly claimed that according to BC MSP rules she can only see me for one (1) reason only, and that I shouldn't walk in with multiple reasons. I insisted I wasn't aware of such rule and asked her to use common sense in this case as I had a pain in my back and needed to see a physio. Long story short she said she was NOT going to write me such quick referral and said "end of the conversation" and walked away. I don't think she should continue practicing, I hope the Medical Board re-examines her case and professional registration, looks like she forgot her Hippocratic Oath. She completely lacks Common Sense and treats patients as numbers, not as sick human beings in need of treatment.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

This doctor told me that my hyperemisis in pregnancy was a'good thing' because I am overweight. I was vomiting so much that I had lost 13 pounds before my first trimester was over . She also argued with me about how tall I was and manipulated the ruler so that it read the height she thought I was. Very Petty. Made a feeble attempt to find the baby's heartbeat but said because im overweight, the doppler couldn't read through all the fat. I'm NOT that big!! Said there was nothing more she could do for me. Gave up and went to ER where they had to give me 7 liters of saline to rehydrate me before sending me to RCH nausea and vomiting clinic. There was LOTS more they could do for me! Plus, I waited 6 hours in her waiting room. On another occasion she sent me for bloodwork because she was SURE I had high cholesterol diabetes and hypertension because. ...I'm overweight. All Taya came back clear and she said my cholesterol is the best she's ever seen. I would NEVER recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

Twice misdiagnosed by this Dr her husband on the otherhand is a much better Dr.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

Evelin is a very nice person. She is kind and considerate, but sometimes your doctor must be your advocate and she is severely intimidated by government, ICBC, etc. No matter how strong your case or need, she is totally intimated and will not provide you with any support, letters, forms, etc. Seems she is terrified of getting involved with ICBC or providing her opinion to support your claim for disability credit with a clerk at Canada Revenue agency. She is also afraid to cost the medical money, doing tests for you. So, if you want a nice doctor, don't need any support and don't mind to pay for your own tests, MRI's, etc., then she is a good doctor.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

I was experiencing severe dizziness for a week. I was concerned that my new blood pressure medication may be the cause so I decided to go to Newport Medical Clinic. I had checked my blood pressure a number of times that day and it was hovering around 160/100. I saw Dr. Evelin Ibraham. From the very start of the appointment she gave me every non-verbal clue that she wasn’t interested in my concerns and suggested that I make an appointment with my GP. In her attempt to speed me out of the office she quickly tested my BP and advised “good news it’s a perfect 120/80!” I was concerned that she didn’t properly conduct the test: she had under-pressured the cuff, took a very quick glance at the readings and the whole process took about 3 seconds. I decided not to challenge her and I went directly from the clinic to re-test my BP at a pharmacy and it was still hovering around 160/100. I immediately went back to the clinic and re-booked another appointment with her. I asked why she would lie and mislead me about my BP to speed me out of her office. She denied that was the case. I asked her to re-test my BP and she declined stating that my BP was perfect. I advised I wasn’t going to leave until she tested my BP so she unwillingly performed the test and it was 160/100. She then said that my BP was high because I was upset. What a joke you are a disgrace to the medical profession and a hypocrite to the Hippocratic Oath!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015