Ratings for Dr. Galina Vorobeychik

She knows her stuff, staff is fantastic esp Roz. Nurses are well informed and kind, plus they go above and beyond all the time. Comfortable atmosphere and they have wi fi!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

This has been a mixed bag experience for me. My biggest problem is that I still don't have a definitive diagnosis. However, seemingly, not for lack of trying... Dr. V. has tested almost everything... including some items not covered by MSP that I had to pay for out of pocket... (that was a surprise to everyone, apparently.) So, she only sees me once, then follows up 6 months later... after all the testing is done to tell me she has no answers for me and to say she needs to monitor me. Not really happy with this since my symptoms are much worse, especially my pain, and having no diagnosis means I cannot access resources and programs. She suggested that I get my family doctor to refer me to a specific pain doctor in burnaby and asked me if I had considered medical Marijuana use but them said that she doesn't prescribe it, that it would have to be through a pain specialist. As I sit writing this review, I believe that she has been quite thorough in investigating and testing what she can but because her fellow did the initial interview and exam, I do not think that she actually has a great clinical picture of me in her mind to go with her patient history and that is where part of her helpfulness starts to break down. Because she doesn't have the full story from me directly, the empathy isn't there as much as it should be. She doesn't communicate when follow up appointments are when you leave her office. If I want to see her before my next scheduled MRI, there usually needs to be some sort of emergency or referral from another doctor. However, I have learned to keep a bunch of her business cards in my wallet to hand out to doctors. If I am asked for my neurologists name is just hand it over. It is handy for when I have trips to the emergency or to the eye surgeon and he wanted to send a referral for a test to Dr. V. Anyway. This review may sound rather negative but I respect Dr. V. as a practitioner. I had another neurologist prior to her who was well regarded at Royal Columbian Hospital in New Westminster. He was not as thorough and seemed to guess incorrectly about almost everything including my diagnosis. The comparison is night and day.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

While my previous experiences with Dr. Vorobeychik had been pleasant, the last two or three have been awful. The office has been very busy and as a result she seems rushed, unfriendly, and INCREDIBLY DISMISSIVE. In and out in a jiffy, and she makes me feel like SHE thinks I'm just imagining the life changing issues I have been dealing with. She snaps at her doctor-aid and did not listen to a WORD this man said regarding the quick physical he gave me before he came in. What's more is she did not look at ANY of my recent test results, or anything the other doctor had written down for her to look over. She ignored a letter another doctor had sent in to describe my situation. I want to like you, Dr. Vorobeychik, because the first few times I saw you you were so caring and helpful. You made me feel like getting better was 100% going to happen. Now you make me feel dismissed and like I'm wasting your time. I was TOLD to get in to see you quick as I could because I've been having sudden issues over the last 1.5 years that keep happening-- And you completely ignored me, and ignored the doctor that sent me to you to RULE OUT other issues before he can make his diagnosis.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

I have been her patient since Jan 2007, when another neurologist diagnosed me with multiple sclerosis and sent me to her as she is an authority on this disease. Amidst all the frustration, heart break, fear and anger of my horrifying diagnosis, I found her to be someone I could count on to be on my side through this frightening journey. She couldn't have been more understanding and compassionate. On my first visit as well as all subsequent visits of the past 9 years, she always took the time to listen to me, explain things and suggest options. She is an excellent doctor, very knowledgeable and caring. I was surprised to read the previous reviewer calling her rude and dismissive, because my experience has been completely the opposite. However, when I thought about that last review a bit more, I can see that if someone is not familiar with her cultural background, she may appear a bit stand offish, but not rude or dismissive by any stretch of the imagination. Unfortunately, there are some tendencies out there to misunderstand or negatively perceive people who speak English with a heavy foreign accent. In this case, English is her second language, either her accent or her choice of words might've given the negative impression, but that's not how she really is. I consider myself lucky to be under her care for my condition.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Seems dismissive and rude. Did not appear empathetic to the situation at all. Turned out the MRI had a cyst but she said there is "nothing" without even reading the MRI report. Very frustrating

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Great dr. Very knowledgeable and helpful. Wonderful personality.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

The staff were great I got in on time She was very knowledgable and listened to me. The conversation was of an educational one and very respectful. I would go back to see her she is very nice.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2015

Has been most helpful and looked at my entire history before coming to a conclusion. Very grateful for her professionali.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2015

She's worth the wait, great, helpful staff. Put my fears to rest by their kindness.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. V for close to eight years now. At first I had a hard time understanding her however she was very polite and kind as I was in a really difficult place. I find her very informative and supportive in any treatments she may suggest and will listen to my concerns. Her nurses are amazing. I cannot express how much I appreciate all they do and as a team they work well together. I have read some of the other reports and I can understand how some may take her as rude etc, however I believe she is a very thoughtful and kind person who wants to help ease any symptoms one may be having. Thank you Dr.V and your staff, it cannot be easy trying to help those of us with MS knowing as yet there is no cure.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014