Ratings for Dr. Galina Vorobeychik

I have been her patient since Jan 2007, when another neurologist diagnosed me with multiple sclerosis and sent me to her as she is an authority on this disease. Amidst all the frustration, heart break, fear and anger of my horrifying diagnosis, I found her to be someone I could count on to be on my side through this frightening journey. She couldn't have been more understanding and compassionate. On my first visit as well as all subsequent visits of the past 9 years, she always took the time to listen to me, explain things and suggest options. She is an excellent doctor, very knowledgeable and caring. I was surprised to read the previous reviewer calling her rude and dismissive, because my experience has been completely the opposite. However, when I thought about that last review a bit more, I can see that if someone is not familiar with her cultural background, she may appear a bit stand offish, but not rude or dismissive by any stretch of the imagination. Unfortunately, there are some tendencies out there to misunderstand or negatively perceive people who speak English with a heavy foreign accent. In this case, English is her second language, either her accent or her choice of words might've given the negative impression, but that's not how she really is. I consider myself lucky to be under her care for my condition.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Seems dismissive and rude. Did not appear empathetic to the situation at all. Turned out the MRI had a cyst but she said there is "nothing" without even reading the MRI report. Very frustrating

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Great dr. Very knowledgeable and helpful. Wonderful personality.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

The staff were great I got in on time She was very knowledgable and listened to me. The conversation was of an educational one and very respectful. I would go back to see her she is very nice.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2015

Has been most helpful and looked at my entire history before coming to a conclusion. Very grateful for her professionali.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2015

She's worth the wait, great, helpful staff. Put my fears to rest by their kindness.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. V for close to eight years now. At first I had a hard time understanding her however she was very polite and kind as I was in a really difficult place. I find her very informative and supportive in any treatments she may suggest and will listen to my concerns. Her nurses are amazing. I cannot express how much I appreciate all they do and as a team they work well together. I have read some of the other reports and I can understand how some may take her as rude etc, however I believe she is a very thoughtful and kind person who wants to help ease any symptoms one may be having. Thank you Dr.V and your staff, it cannot be easy trying to help those of us with MS knowing as yet there is no cure.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014

Best neuro I've ever seen. Smart, kind, thoughtful. When I've had to wait, it's because someone ahead of me needs more time. She's given me more time when I've needed it. Always seems to know what's new; steers me away from things that won't suit my needs. Tried a radical approach when I was sinking fast and saved my life. Nurses ALWAYS respond and are so helpful. Every patient I've ever talked to in waiting room thinks she's aces. Hospital staff can't say enough good things about her; she treats everyone with respect. Continuously upgrades education & knowledge base. I'd highly recommend her - you'd be lucky to have her. It's easy to be irritable when I'm sick. If I remember to treat people nicely, they'll respond in kind. Always has my best interests at heart but includes me in the process - asks me what's bothering me the most - how can she help? Great compassion, serious because her work is hard. I'd drive a long way to see her - she's worth it - times ten!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

She was dismissive and undervalued my symptoms. She seems to discriminate on the basis on her perception of a credibility issue, she links to her perception of mental health problems. She was impolite as well as her nurse practitioner.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013

I went in for a follow up after a trip to the ER. She said I needed to go for an MRI, but made it clear I was a low priority. I called Burnaby MRI 3 times to see when when I was scheduled and her neurology office never sent my requisition in. When I called her office they said it was sent so they didn't know why I wasn't scheduled. It took 1 month after my follow up, and 3 increasingly angry phone calls to finally get an MRI appointment. QUESTION HER ABOUT YOUR TREATMENT and FOLLOW UP!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2013