Ratings for Dr. Greg Kotylak

He cut a nerve during my breast biopsy in 2012. I have been in extreme pain ever since. He was not helpful in my post surgery visits. Would never have him operate on me again.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Not the greatest bedside manner and he can seem to be rude and rushed but he is a very capable surgeon who deals with many emergencies and saves many lives on a regular basis.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

This doctor clearly does not care for his patients. He speaks in medical terms and talks down to you. He does not seem to care at all. It's all about get in then get out and move to the next patient. He is impatient if you ask questions and seems annoyed if he has to explain himself. He won't listen to what your opinion is and horrible bedside manners . I would never go to him again. I have many friends that are doctors and nurses and that work with him.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

ok dr for someone whose sun burnt down a car during the Stanley cup riots ..Nathan Kotylak

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

We had my son at Ridge Meadows Hospital with suspected appendicitis. The ER doctor felt based on blood work and his pain that it was appendicitis. She called Dr. Kotylak and he arrived at the hospital in 15 minutes. He quickly diagnosed Brandon and had him in for surgery within an hour. The surgery went well and Dr. Koylak answered all questions that my husband and I had. The follow up visit a week later at his office to remove the stitches went well. Overall we had a very good experience. He is direct and to the point. He has an off the cuff, sarcastic and rushed feeling about him, which some may take as poor bedside manner but we thought the contrary.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Doesn't have a great bed side manner but is a fantastic surgeon!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

Had a very complicated bowel resection and colostomy. He did and excellent job. Very happy with the outcome. He explained things well and I got a very confident feeling from him. Was able to get me in for surgery earlier than expected. His office is clean and pleasant and his reception it's is amazing. Some say he has no bedside manor but I always found him pleasant. He's just direct and does not engage in small talk. I would recommend him above all other surgeons locally.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

Very good at what he does - would be nice if he had a better bedside manner. Nice personality very helpful. His receptionist is very kind and helpful as well.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2015

Just had emergency surgery and he saved me! I am very grateful for his experience.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

I had a very good experience with Dr Kotylak. He performed a very difficult resection on me because of 25 years of damage from crohns. He was strait forward and honest about everything. Always pleasant and positive. I would strongly recommend him to any persons needing surgery for IBD

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015