You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Greg Kotylak

Doesn't have a great bed side manner but is a fantastic surgeon!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

Had a very complicated bowel resection and colostomy. He did and excellent job. Very happy with the outcome. He explained things well and I got a very confident feeling from him. Was able to get me in for surgery earlier than expected. His office is clean and pleasant and his reception it's is amazing. Some say he has no bedside manor but I always found him pleasant. He's just direct and does not engage in small talk. I would recommend him above all other surgeons locally.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

flag | Submitted July 5, 2015

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

I had a very good experience with Dr Kotylak. He performed a very difficult resection on me because of 25 years of damage from crohns. He was strait forward and honest about everything. Always pleasant and positive. I would strongly recommend him to any persons needing surgery for IBD

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

I will add an ammendment to my previous comment. My surgery has healed very well and no infection or other issues- so I will say that what he lacked in bedside manner seems to have been made up for in surgical skill. At the end of the day, I'd rather a good surgeon than a good bedside manner- though it would have been nice to have both!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

Didn't want to explain things to me and rushed me when I asked basic questions about my surgery. The surgery itself went well though. Wouldn't prescribe stronger pain killers for the first day or two post opp though- told me to book an appt with family doc but that would take a week+ and in the meantime I was in agony.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

WORST DR EVER!! He was late by over 1.5hrs for my consult then quickly rushed me through, asked me to think of any questions I have while he checked on another patient. 15 minutes later, the receptionist who informed me Dr Kotylak has left for the day. Then, my colonoscopy was over 2hrs delayed, he had THE WRONG CHART and called me by the WRONG NAME then got mad at me for not replying to him. When I tried to make a joke to break the tension, he got really mad and yelled "I know exactly what you are here for and that's EXACTLY what you'll get"..then everything went black. I woke to my fiance telling me Dr Kotylak was extremely rude to her when she asked to speak to him about the procedure. He then discharged me BEFORE I passed ANY gas saying the dept was now closed and he was late for another appointment. I was rushed back to the hospital an hour later with internal bleeding due to 4 full colonoscopy procedures. AND, the diagnosis of Diverticulitis was WRONG!! Late for follow up apt too

flag | Submitted July 12, 2014

Dr. Greg Kotylak's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Doesn't have a great bed side manner but is a fantastic surgeon!"

December 15, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Had a very complicated bowel resection and colostomy. He did and excellent job. Very happy with the outcome. He explained things well and I got a very confiden..."

September 8, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Very good at what he does - would be nice if he had a better bedside manner. Nice personality very helpful. His receptionist is very kind and helpful as well."

July 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Just had emergency surgery and he saved me! I am very grateful for his experience."

June 13, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V2W0" to "V2X 5X5". Address has been updated from "None" to "None 11664 223 Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16044669019".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a very good experience with Dr Kotylak. He performed a very difficult resection on me because of 25 years of damage from crohns. He was strait forward an..."

May 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great experience and very professional with all concerned . Everything. Worked out fine and I feel much better now . Thanks a lot.Doctor"

February 18, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I will add an ammendment to my previous comment. My surgery has healed very well and no infection or other issues- so I will say that what he lacked in bedside ..."

January 3, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Only looking for money totally unprofessional.Could care less about his patients."

January 2, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Didn't want to explain things to me and rushed me when I asked basic questions about my surgery. The surgery itself went well though. Wouldn't prescribe stronge..."

December 29, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "this dr is the father of the poster boy for the 2011 stanley cup riots, in 2011, nathan."

September 18, 2014