Ratings for Dr. Greg Kotylak

We had my son at Ridge Meadows Hospital with suspected appendicitis. The ER doctor felt based on blood work and his pain that it was appendicitis. She called Dr. Kotylak and he arrived at the hospital in 15 minutes. He quickly diagnosed Brandon and had him in for surgery within an hour. The surgery went well and Dr. Koylak answered all questions that my husband and I had. The follow up visit a week later at his office to remove the stitches went well. Overall we had a very good experience. He is direct and to the point. He has an off the cuff, sarcastic and rushed feeling about him, which some may take as poor bedside manner but we thought the contrary.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Doesn't have a great bed side manner but is a fantastic surgeon!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

Had a very complicated bowel resection and colostomy. He did and excellent job. Very happy with the outcome. He explained things well and I got a very confident feeling from him. Was able to get me in for surgery earlier than expected. His office is clean and pleasant and his reception it's is amazing. Some say he has no bedside manor but I always found him pleasant. He's just direct and does not engage in small talk. I would recommend him above all other surgeons locally.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

Very good at what he does - would be nice if he had a better bedside manner. Nice personality very helpful. His receptionist is very kind and helpful as well.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2015

Just had emergency surgery and he saved me! I am very grateful for his experience.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

I had a very good experience with Dr Kotylak. He performed a very difficult resection on me because of 25 years of damage from crohns. He was strait forward and honest about everything. Always pleasant and positive. I would strongly recommend him to any persons needing surgery for IBD

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

Great experience and very professional with all concerned . Everything. Worked out fine and I feel much better now . Thanks a lot.Doctor

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

I will add an ammendment to my previous comment. My surgery has healed very well and no infection or other issues- so I will say that what he lacked in bedside manner seems to have been made up for in surgical skill. At the end of the day, I'd rather a good surgeon than a good bedside manner- though it would have been nice to have both!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

Only looking for money totally unprofessional.Could care less about his patients.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

Didn't want to explain things to me and rushed me when I asked basic questions about my surgery. The surgery itself went well though. Wouldn't prescribe stronger pain killers for the first day or two post opp though- told me to book an appt with family doc but that would take a week+ and in the meantime I was in agony.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014