Ratings for Dr. Greg Kotylak

He is a very skilled surgeon. He managed to have all charges against his infamous Stanley Cup riot son removed.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

Please DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR! ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A WOMAN! I am a bit late to make a rating, my experience was years ago but I have only now heard the full extent of the fiasco. when I was young I had a blockage. A really bad on. had not ate or drank in days, so my mom took me in. dr. kotylak tried to send us home. Luckily my mom is stubborn and made him do an x-ray that did indeed reveal a severe, life threatening blockage. terrible manners. I wish it ended here, all that I could live with, but my mom has just now spoken up. he groped her. Dr. Kotylak GROPED my MOTHER. He grabbed her inappropriately. and the mother of a very sick child in very much pain. I am furious as I am writing this. Luckily I passed it, as I have heard plenty of horror stories about his skills in the OR. but just think about it. as I was consumed with pain, he was sexually assaulting my mother.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Absolute Jerk. Self absorbed and care's little about a patients need for information and reassurance. Might be a decent surgeon but unfortunately thats lost in his demeanour. I don't need someone to hold my hand and I can acquire emotional support elsewhere, but mutual respect and basic understanding should be mandatory from a physician. Avoid this narcissist like the plague.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

Dr. Kotylak has done 2 surgeries and 1 procedure for me. One of the surgeries was an emergency due to a blocked intestine and he figured it out and fixed it. I would trust him to operate on myself or any family member although I hope that is never needed.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

He cut a nerve during my breast biopsy in 2012. I have been in extreme pain ever since. He was not helpful in my post surgery visits. Would never have him operate on me again.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Not the greatest bedside manner and he can seem to be rude and rushed but he is a very capable surgeon who deals with many emergencies and saves many lives on a regular basis.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

This doctor clearly does not care for his patients. He speaks in medical terms and talks down to you. He does not seem to care at all. It's all about get in then get out and move to the next patient. He is impatient if you ask questions and seems annoyed if he has to explain himself. He won't listen to what your opinion is and horrible bedside manners . I would never go to him again. I have many friends that are doctors and nurses and that work with him.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

We had my son at Ridge Meadows Hospital with suspected appendicitis. The ER doctor felt based on blood work and his pain that it was appendicitis. She called Dr. Kotylak and he arrived at the hospital in 15 minutes. He quickly diagnosed Brandon and had him in for surgery within an hour. The surgery went well and Dr. Koylak answered all questions that my husband and I had. The follow up visit a week later at his office to remove the stitches went well. Overall we had a very good experience. He is direct and to the point. He has an off the cuff, sarcastic and rushed feeling about him, which some may take as poor bedside manner but we thought the contrary.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Doesn't have a great bed side manner but is a fantastic surgeon!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

Had a very complicated bowel resection and colostomy. He did and excellent job. Very happy with the outcome. He explained things well and I got a very confident feeling from him. Was able to get me in for surgery earlier than expected. His office is clean and pleasant and his reception it's is amazing. Some say he has no bedside manor but I always found him pleasant. He's just direct and does not engage in small talk. I would recommend him above all other surgeons locally.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015