Ratings for Dr. Jeanette Niemisto

This was not a good experience. I would not go back and do not recommend.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

I was suicidal and depressed. She told me that I was trying to seek attention. Her wacko med concoctions made me worse. Her staff writes the positive reviews on here. I never thought it was possible to feel worse after seeing a psychiatrist for months and months but it was with her.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

Dr. Niemesto has always impressed me with her knowledge and how much she values keeping current with new medications, supplements, etc. Her recommendations for medication have been solid. We had a little tweaking to do at the beginning of treatment, but that's to be expected. With my open feedback and her analytical, fresh thinking, we were able to find just the right balance. She's not afraid to include non-pharmaceutical solutions as well. She suggested a methylfolate supplement to accompany the Lamotrogine I was taking and I noticed an improvement in my mental (and physical, particularly my skin) health. That's something I really appreciate as so many practitioners are stuck in old ways of thinking and never challenge themselves to continually educate themselves and stay current. Dr. Niemesto is a wonderful example of someone who is truly passionate about what they do and about helping people. Karen at the front desk is kind and welcoming, not to mention well-organized and dependable. I've never had a scheduling or billing error. The folks at CHH are so incredibly helpful.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

I told Dr. Niemesto that i felt frustrated because i knew something was wrong and doesn't know what it was. She proceeded to tell me she had already diagnosed me with something and just hadn't told me. It ended up being a completely wrong diagnosis that really bothered me. I used to love this office and now, i have no intentions of going back.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

She doesn't let you talk-hello, its a psychiatrist, let me tell MY story. Maybe I just didn't click well with her, but she seemed very judgemental.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

My therapist from another clinic recommended me to see Dr. Niemisto. Apparently she has been sending people to see her for years because she trusted her and seen results. I didn't know what to expect, but really just like talking about my problems to a friend. I started a small dose of medication, and after a month or so felt better than I had in years! Instead of rasing that medication, she said I should start a small dose of another medication to create better balence. She called my therapist in between some visits, that made me feel more comfortable. Didn't want two medications, but it actually is working out even better. The other thing she did was ask me to stay overnight at a sleep center. So surprised to find out that I had sleep apnea, and this has also made a huge difference. So now she is keeping my treatment the same, but thinks I can come off the medications by summe, or least decrease. It is weird to think that I only have seen her like 4 times, others should know about her. It might not be the same problems, but she it surprised me how she did more deep look into things.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

Read on the Internet about different types of treatment for my depression and sleep. she talked about all of it, did not act like it was wrong of me, certain vitamins she even tested for me in my blood. She has genetic testing for medication, it is only $40, then it showed that I was better off on Pristiq then Effexor, which did work when I made the switch!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

Dr. Niemisto has always treated me with kindness. She really knows what she is doing with medications. I have had three other psychiatrist before who never seemed to figure out exactly what I needed. They said I was depressed, but I really have post-traumatic stress disorder. Figuring this out got me in the right direction finally! Maybe it helps that she speaks English and is not foreign accent. And Karen at the front desk is cool, she always says don't worry, we will take care of you.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2015

I really like going to Dr. Niemisto's office as it makes me feel welcome as soon as I walk in the door. Other places made me feel like I was just a number. She has treated me for almost 3 years and my family and friends have noticed a big difference in my mood and overall health. The staff is very nice and makes the visit go smooth. I have recommended Dr. Niemisto and the therapists at this office to friends that needed someone to talk to.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

I have followed her when she left her other locations and moved here, because she is so good. Now I moved to Auburn Hills, but I still make a trip to see her. She has met with my husband to help him understand and this helped out our marriage.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

Dr. Jeanette Niemisto's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)