Ratings for Dr. Raymond Osborne

Dr. Osborne has been caring, competent and professional for us over the past ten years through what have been trying times. An excellent caregiver whom we have learnt to have confidence in, trust and admiration.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

To the last poster who posted in Nov 2016. We all could not have "caught" Dr Osborne on a bad day. If that was the case it would not be years worth of negative reviews. I'm glad you had such a positive experience,but a lot of us did not.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

Great experience and very knowledgeable. I definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

I had already read the reviews on Dr. Osborne before seeing him today. Needless to say, I was concerned that I would not be heard. I had the best experience with Dr. Osborne - a soft spoken, smiling man who is very knowledgeable and confident. He put my fears to rest very quickly - and gave me a course of action - which I've now taken. Please remember Dr. Osborne sees hundreds of patients - and perhaps those with negative feedback have really caught him on a very bad day. His staff is super caring and thoughtful.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

I found Dr Osborne and his team to be very capable, caring and effective.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

Really NEEDS TO RETIRE!!!!!!! He's to OLD to be working. Rude, arrogant, doesn't followup on anything that needs to be followed up on and definitely LACKS listening skills. You should ALWAYS get a SECOND OPINION from another doctor and then choose who you want to treat you because it certainly wouldn't be him.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Dr. Osborne is an arrogant, rude, and lacks listening skills. BE VERY CAREFUL have someone with you as a witness as he changes his story (lies) denies, doesn't listen and tries to intimidate the patient and family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He told my husband and I that he didn't know why I was there to see him on the first visit. He told us I didn't have cancer and he only looks after patients with cancer. When we tried to explain that I had been referred by the head of gynaecology at another hospital and tried to give him her reports of my tests he said he didn't need those. He proceeded to exam me and said he couldn't find the mass they were talking about. He sat there then said he wanted to book me for an MRI. I discovered I was claustrophobic and unable to do MRI. His response was so what are you going to do. Next appointment when I had questions he response was I don't care. Since first visit was unpleasant I recorded second visit conversation to share with my husband and family. They were just as upset as I was. He told me he wanted blood work repeated that day. Problem was he forgot to order it so it took staff 40 minutes to straighten out what he wanted for blood work. I am totally appalled at his un professionalism. I am a registered nurse who worked at a teaching hospital for over 35 years in an ICU and can't say anything good about him. My family doctor and I have spoken and I'll be going to see a different specialist at Princess Margaret Hospital. I would rate him as -10 in all areas but can't on the scale. I wouldn't take a DEAD animal to see him as I would be very afraid of him. If you feel the need to go to him turn around and run the other way.

Submitted May 5, 2016

I was sent to see Dr. Osborne in the summer of 2015 after being diagnosed with Uterine Leiomyosarcoma. I appreciated his straight forward approach in my first appt, but this opinion quickly changed after my second appt. During my initial appt he told me I have a rare and untreatable cancer and needed to remove my ovaries right away (the cancer was hormone positive) and they would monitor me for 5 years. Any treatment offered would essentially be surgery as tumors appear. I was sent for follow up scans/xray and saw him again two weeks later. Leaving that appt and wrapping my head around the fact that I may die from this rare cancer, I did my research. After connecting with many women who are fighting the same cancer they were very persistent about me going to a sarcoma clinic to see a specialist. During my second appt, he walked in with no file, sat down and said there were two other masses detected and we should book surgery to remove them right away. I asked him for information on who his team consisted of, and if there was a sarcoma specialist on side. He scoffed at me as though to say "what do you know about cancer doctors". He told me he didn't. I then asked if we'd be removing the ovaries during this surgery and he said "why would we remove your ovaries? you're far too young for that". I reminded him that he told me this was the plan in our first meeting, and he said he didn't have my file to look at. He then continued to tell me I "barely have cancer". Worth noting that I was officially diagnosed with Stage 3 through Princess Margaret! I told him I had requested a second opinion through a sarcoma clinic and he just got up and said that's fine, and to just let them know if I want to book surgery, then walked out. Needless to say I no longer go to him and am now at a sarcoma clinic working with a fantastic and thorough team! My low rating for Staff is purely based on him. The nurses and other staff were wonderful.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

His diagnosis/opinion at our assessment, given verbally, changed from that which he wrote down in the consult note. When I continued to have issues, he requested that I book a consult. I waited hours for him and after being taken into an examination room, I found out he had left the hospital. His resident told me he would follow up by phone, which he never did, even after numerous calls, emails and complaints to patient services. He is supposedly an expert in my rare diagnosis but I am unable to get clarity on my issues, which I continue to have, and find there's little expertise in Toronto. I'm saddened that he is so unwilling to help. Please reconsider using Dr Osborne if you are looking for professionalism, clear diagnoses and recommendations and compassion.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2015

My wife was sent to Dr Osbourne in 2011 and I read all the reviews and was hoping that they where exagerated but unfortunatley they where not. Dr Osbourne has the personality of a post , he is arrogant , rude and gets very upset if you ask questions , he treats people as though they have no right to question him , he seems to forget that its your life and you have the right to ask questions regardless of what he thinks. On one occasion he told my wife the ct scan results where not good , after questioning him on the results we found out he was reading the wrong scan , he was reading the scan that had been taken prior to chemo 3 months earlier. After being treated by Dr Osbourne for over 2 years we went for our appt. and where told the chemo wasnt working and there was no more he could do , no discussing the situation , no options , no hope and he didnt even have the decency to sit down and talk to us for a minute , he just told my wife she is dieing and all he could say was , sorry and left the room. That was in January -2014 and my wife passed away Sept 28th 2014 , in that period of time not one call from Dr Osbourne or his office to see how things where going and in the 6 months since she passed not one call or card of condolences, Dr Osbourne is beyond a doubt one of the rudest and most arrogant people I have ever had the displeasure to deal with.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015